National Weather Service as a meteorologist. My fiancee's

interview is March 26. I recently came to this site and started

reading reviews and noticed that many people took employment

letters to their interview. I dont know if I have time at this

point to get one since it probably has to go through the regional

office. Perhaps my local office can do one for me on Monday, but

I would need to fax it since I dont have time to mail now. Im rather

irritated since I thought I had all my ducks in a row. Any ideas

about this? Is this something I should worry about?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My employer letter was done by my supervisor.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I wonder if a federal gov, standard form 50 with start work date, salary, and all relevant info would suffice for a

employment letter? Its not a "letter", but it has all the information. It has a place to sign at the bottom.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I wonder if a federal gov, standard form 50 with start work date, salary, and all relevant info would suffice for a

employment letter? Its not a "letter", but it has all the information. It has a place to sign at the bottom.

Yes that sounds like it will work for you.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Yes that sounds like it will work for you.

That sounds good enough.

The I-134 directions say to include an employer letter, which is why everyone brings one. I think they just like seeing a second person's signature verifying that what you DO have a job. I don't think it's a crucial and hard requirement to have exactly that, though...

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

I just asked my principal to write the letter...I work in a large school district, so asking him was much easier...I'll let everyone know if that was enough...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
My lawyer didn't say that I needed an employment letter, only 3 years

of W2s and tax returns. I work for the Dept of Commerce/NOAA/

I of course recommend including one because the form lists it. However, on a strange note, in Lima there is no place on the checklist of Financial Documents the embassy provided to us at the Interview for an employer letter.

For Elias' Interview on 3/18/08 I Included:

I-134 signed and notarized.

SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years

Letter from my employer (not exactly a traditional employer, my income is technically a stipind and non-taxable)

Photo copies of paystubs

Letter from my bank stating the date I opened the account, current balance, total amount of deposits for the past year

12 months of bank statements (because the bank attached them to the letter)

Everything was returned to my fiance and he was issued a yellow slip (with the checklist of financial documents) stating that the embassy needed the I-134, my 2007 tax return and my 2007 W-2 to be mailed back DHL before they would issue the VISA. He asked if what was provided was insufficent and was told to just provide exactly what was asked for. We of course sent back the I-134, the SIMPLE Tax transcript, a copy of my 1040-A and a copy of my W-2 the same day and are currently awaiting the respnse (and the end of a looong holiday weekend).

I am still unclear of there was a communication problem at the interview (I did not attend) or if something was overlooked but it was a pain. I wish you the very best!

Sam

Edited by Gringita/Morenito

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

I must say I am a bit depressed this morning. Those paralegals are driving me nuts. I should have done this

by myself. They said tax returns and w2s, then below that they said, "note that if you are self employed, then you dont need the employment letter". But nothing was mentioned about the employment letter in the first part. I followed this up with an email and the paralegal gave me a curt response, " just provide the documents we requested". Also, im beginning to think they told me wrong on the bank letter. The letter states when I opened the account and the current balance and that is it. It doesnt say anything about the amount of my deposits for the past year. On the I134 is asks for a employment letter on "business paper". Well, now I have 2 days to get this letter and mail it to Peru which is impossible. I will have to fax it. So Im not sure they will even grant her the visa on march 26. Now im suffering through a string of midnight shifts wishing I was at home sleeping my blues away. LOL.

My lawyer didn't say that I needed an employment letter, only 3 years

of W2s and tax returns. I work for the Dept of Commerce/NOAA/

I of course recommend including one because the form lists it. However, on a strange note, in Lima there is no place on the checklist of Financial Documents the embassy provided to us at the Interview for an employer letter.

For Elias' Interview on 3/18/08 I Included:

I-134 signed and notarized.

SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years

Letter from my employer (not exactly a traditional employer, my income is technically a stipind and non-taxable)

Photo copies of paystubs

Letter from my bank stating the date I opened the account, current balance, total amount of deposits for the past year

12 months of bank statements (because the bank attached them to the letter)

Everything was returned to my fiance and he was issued a yellow slip (with the checklist of financial documents) stating that the embassy needed the I-134, my 2007 tax return and my 2007 W-2 to be mailed back DHL before they would issue the VISA. He asked if what was provided was insufficent and was told to just provide exactly what was asked for. We of course sent back the I-134, the SIMPLE Tax transcript, a copy of my 1040-A and a copy of my W-2 the same day and are currently awaiting the respnse (and the end of a looong holiday weekend).

I am still unclear of there was a communication problem at the interview (I did not attend) or if something was overlooked but it was a pain. I wish you the very best!

Sam

Well, I have no clue how to move this to the "proper forum". I initially opened up a new topic

under the general K1/K3 header and i couldnt even find it at first. It got put here but not by my choice.

Have you researched what the Peruvian consulate requires?

Moving this to the proper forum so you might get some responses from other members processing through Peru.

I recently went through all the reviews and of course everyone is taking an employment letter since I just now found that

this is required on the I134. was relying on my paralegal prior to this which was a mistake. Hopefully they accept a

fax because it is too late to mail. I dont even have it yet, I will have to ask my boss to prepare one when he gets to work 8 am Monday.

Well, I have no clue how to move this to the "proper forum". I initially opened up a new topic

under the general K1/K3 header and i couldnt even find it at first. It got put here but not by my choice.

Have you researched what the Peruvian consulate requires?

Moving this to the proper forum so you might get some responses from other members processing through Peru.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Are they more concerned with previous income or present income? If my USC spouse hasn't worked before but now makes a killing (many times above poverty line, but will only show in 2008 tax form), is that good enough? And what if I have more assets (not verified constant income) that easily equal one year of my USC's income? Is it useful to bring evidence of that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Im going through the same problem alittle with the letter from employer... I live in Russia with my wife but i didnt meet the poverty line so i had my brother be a joint sponser... It took him awhile to get a letter from employer but guess what??? It got lost on the way to Russia in the MAIL! Talk about bad mailing system.. So i had my brother do another one this time but he scanned me a copy first and sent it to me in an email... So i have a copy of this letter of employer stating his current salary and his position and that he is a full time employee.. So guess what again? It got lost in the mail! Second time for the win!! So my wife has her interview on April 4th and she is going to go with a copy of the letter of employer... Lucky i got the AOS from my brother on time... But that letter of employer was a nightmare! So wish us luck! And ill post back if they accepted it or not lol... I dont see why not, but the government might see otherwise...

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am reviving this thread because I need confirmation from you all if what I have will be sufficient.

My I-134 checklist:

- I-134 (will notarize this week)

- 2007, 2006, 2005 Simple Tax transcripts

- Company letter of employment with all the relevant details

- A single savings bank statement showing Balance

- W2 from 2007

That's all I have. My income is above the 125% poverty line, so I am hoping that what I have listed is enough. Any suggestions and comments about this?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.