Jeraly

Official HPV Vaccine/New Police Certicate Thread

116 posts in this topic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Just a quick question about the HPV jab that we have to have; I understand that there are three courses of it, and these are spaced out within a few months of each other, so do they expect you to have had all three courses? Or if you've had the inital HPV jab, then that is enough to pass the medical?

Advice appreciated as always! (And my case is finally complete as of 21st April!!!)

It's only for women under 27 for starters, but no, they only expect you to have had the first of the 3 injections to pass the medical. :star:

Thank you! I'm 25, so will have to go through it...bummer....but thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think you do have to finish getting them though, once you're in the US or whenever time for the next one comes up. I'm not sure about that, don't know if they check up on it and everything, but when it comes time to AOS and all that stuff they might.

In which case you might wanna try to get as many as you can while in your country if you have insurance and don't think you will for awhile in the US. Though we might have HPV shots for free at our health clinics here now.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

I think you do have to finish getting them though, once you're in the US or whenever time for the next one comes up. I'm not sure about that, don't know if they check up on it and everything, but when it comes time to AOS and all that stuff they might.

In which case you might wanna try to get as many as you can while in your country if you have insurance and don't think you will for awhile in the US. Though we might have HPV shots for free at our health clinics here now.

Really? For free? I would get the other two courses straight away, but they have to be taken 3 months between each other or something, which would elongate my reuniting with my husband...so I'll wait to get the rest done if and when I have to...

But if you can, can you send me the link/doc where you heard it will be free?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

since bbpatel and I are getting CR-1 and not going through AOS, i don't know who would check up on our HPV. It doesn't appear to play any part in removal of conditions.

Through a very nice nurse in my local NHS Clinic, I got the HPV on the NHS, therefore only paying the prescription fee. She told me that the next dose was in 2 months time, and the last one was 4 months after that. I may well get the dose at 2 months, but I still don't know about the final one. I would be in the states by then.

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi again.

I've never "officially" heard much about the HPV shot, let alone it being free. But in the US we have health departments in every town (or most towns I guess) in every state that give free treatment to people that are uninsured. They especially do this for things that will like...help prevent bad things happening or help general society. For example, I'm about to be uninsured because I'm about to graduate college (omg doom), but I can start going to the health clinic in my town to get free whatchamacallit lady's check up thing with the big scary metal clamps and Q-tip and free birth control pills, rather than paying tons at my private doctor's.

So since this is also a sex STD prevention sort of thing it probably will be available for free in many areas. I think it will depend on what state you're going to live in, so just try googling your SO's state's health department site. Whether or not they do it will depend on their funding and state legislation.

Here's a link just to an old article, for example: here

About halfway down the page it says that there's already a program for the vaccination to be free for teenage girls. Then the last sentence is like I just said, that some state clinics will be offering the vaccine for free. This article's from 2006 so there's probably a good few of them doing it now.

Hope yours is one :)

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

since bbpatel and I are getting CR-1 and not going through AOS, i don't know who would check up on our HPV. It doesn't appear to play any part in removal of conditions.

Through a very nice nurse in my local NHS Clinic, I got the HPV on the NHS, therefore only paying the prescription fee. She told me that the next dose was in 2 months time, and the last one was 4 months after that. I may well get the dose at 2 months, but I still don't know about the final one. I would be in the states by then.

Hmmm....the AOS guidelines vertainly dont mention anything about the full course....but even if we have to pay for it once we get there, it's hardly gona cost more than it does here on the private.

excellent, i have yet to meet a helpful nurse, but maybe its just me ;) I have a helpful Dr though, so will ask her if the nurse isn't helpful.

Thanks!

That's really good! I know when Jeremy checked it out he said it wasn't covered by insurance but maybe it will be by the time I need it. I asked the nurse again about getting it on the NHS and she thinks that might be by area - I know Poiteen mentioned she got hers on the NHS and that was London area so it's worth asking that too :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

We did end up getting our NEW police certificate, and the visa is in his hand now. He'll be here in less than two weeks! :) I wish I had visited the UK forum earlier! He said he thought he had until August to use the old certificate.

Also, I had NO idea that you were all being forced to get the HPV vaccine. That's crazy, especially since it's optional in the US (I'm 27, an American, and just missed that cut-off to get it for free, but was a bit wary anyways because it's a new treatment and who knows what new things will come out about it?)

K-1 Timeline

Oct 5 07 - NOA1 issued

Jan 17 08 - NOA2 issued!

May 07 08 - VISA IN HAND!

Aug 16 08 - WEDDING!

View our complete K-1 timeline here!

AOS Timeline

Sep 08 08 - Submitted AOS/AP/EAD package

Sep 10 08 - Package received

Sep 12 08 - NOA for AP

Sep 15 08 - NOA for AOS

Sep 18 08 - Check cashed

Sep 25 08 - NOA for EAD

Oct 03 08 - AOS transferred to CSC!

Oct 08 08 - Biometrics for AOS/EAD

Oct 09 08 - AOS received by CSC

Nov 21 08 - AP approval notice sent!

Nov 29 08 - AP arrived in mail!

Dec 03 08 - EAD approval notice sent!

Dec 08 08 - EAD arrived in mail!

Mar 17 09 - Permanent Residence Approved!

Mar 25 09 - Green Card arrives in mail!!!

APPLYING TO LIFT CONDITIONS

Dec 17 10

View our complete AOS timeline here!

Quick question; sorry if it's been asked before. The police certificate application form asks you the country you are visiting and the UK departure date. Is it okay if the exact date is not known yet to approximate?

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Yeah it's fine - just put the date you are expecting to move :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Thanks! That's what I'd assumed but it's always best to make sure. :star:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.