Together4ever

Good Monday Morning

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Well it's another day at work for me ... today is the "Day without Immigrants" so if its real I am going to have an easy day at school. We live in California and there soooo many hispanics here, 80% of my 60 students (morning class 30, afternoon class 30) are hispanic. So if they follow their people, and don't come to school today, I think I will come back home ! Please people stand up for your culture and stay home ... :lol: I don't know we'll see how many kids show up. Really though I hope they all do cuz it's ridiculous. That's just myy opinion, not trying to open a battle here.

It is also May the month of our interview ....

17 days .... :P

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Noura, I'd love to see the pic.

It's definitely Monday. It appears I have lost my co sponsor for Mohammed's AOS. I am not sure what I'm going to do now. I am just sitting at my desk numb with fear.

I absolutely don't know if it has been implemented, but I read on another forum (I think Immigration News) that they were changing the AOS to require only one year of tax returns. I don't know if this would help your situation, but you may want to look into it.

Rebecca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Noura, I'd love to see the pic.

It's definitely Monday. It appears I have lost my co sponsor for Mohammed's AOS. I am not sure what I'm going to do now. I am just sitting at my desk numb with fear.

I absolutely don't know if it has been implemented, but I read on another forum (I think Immigration News) that they were changing the AOS to require only one year of tax returns. I don't know if this would help your situation, but you may want to look into it.

Rebecca

You're right, Rebecca. And the new policy is already in effect. We only sent one year of tax info with our AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

inshaAllah something will come up! You have a month or 2 before you have to file it so something good may happen inbetween now and then :luv:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well... today is STATEMENT day... that means I have to run a statement for each customer... prepare the envelopes (for the ones that DON'T have internet or fax) and put them in the mail... so, it is a little time-consuming...

Other than that... I received the sweetest email from Jamal... which made my morning... and I am feeling so blessed today... because I have such a loving habibi... such a wonderful family... and awesome friends... not only in real life... but in VJ life also...

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

*passing the blessings along*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

Bare with me on this tangent here:

When I was little, like second grade, I wanted to be an Egyptologist. I was probably the only kid in the world who knew what that was. I gave up that dream some time around 5th grade, but low and behold, who did I end up marrying, but my very own egyptian :luv: Well, as part of my egypt obsession, my favorite song was Walk Like an Egyptian, by the Bangles. I had the tape that had it on it, and the first song on the tape is Manic Mondays. It still describes most mondays for me.

So, without further ado, I give you Manic Mondays by the Bangles

Six o'clock already

I was just in the middle of a dream

I was kissin' Valentino

By a crystal blue Italian stream

But I can't be late

'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid

These are the days

When you wish your bed was already made

It's just another manic Monday

I wish it was Sunday

'Cause that's my funday

My I don't have to runday

It's just another manic Monday

Have to catch an early train

Got to be to work by nine

And if I had an air-o-plane

I still couldn't make it on time

'Cause it takes me so long

Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear

Blame it on the train

But the boss is already there

All of the nights

Why did my lover have to pick last night

To get down

Doesn't it matter

That I have to feed the both of us

Employment's down

He tells me in his bedroom voice

C'mon honey, let's go make some noise

Time it goes so fast

When you're having fun

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

I think the "wet blanket" has dried out. Problem appears to be solved. Alhamdulellah. You know, I too had the Egypt obsession my whole life. It had little bearing on my love for Mohammed, but being able to have him as my guide to Egypt and the pyramids was a REAL BONUS!!! I will never forget when he met me at the hotel my first trip to Egypt and said to me "Are you ready to meet the pyramids? They're waiting for you." I squealed like a child. (I'm SUCH a DORK.) We had a blast even though the cops pestered us to death. He made one of them take our picture. (Hahahaha)

I love that song too (Walk Like An Egyptian). Manic Monday it is!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you for the support. I'm just spinning right now. The tax thing helps a lot but there is also the issue of salary amount. I did not get the raise in pay I was promised when I took this job... I am feeling utterly scr*wed at the moment...

just_waiting... do you have that promise in writing? if so... I would call a meeting with the boss... and find out WHY you haven't gotten the raise...

sorry that you are feeling this way... i wish i had the answer for ya..

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Thank you for the support. I'm just spinning right now. The tax thing helps a lot but there is also the issue of salary amount. I did not get the raise in pay I was promised when I took this job... I am feeling utterly scr*wed at the moment...

Boy do I know that feeling! I've been at my job 7 years and my boss has been promising me a promotion the whole time. Well, I finally got it in March and by that time he was promising me to move me up two levels since it took so long. Human Resources refused to let him move me two at one time, then knocked the raise down to a joke.

So, this morning when he called me into his office to start dumping work on me for my "new job" (I have already been doing the level I got promoted to for over 3 years!) he made the mistake of asking me what my current workload was like. He's been promising since March to hire someone to take over the work I'm doing now, and I refuse to accept new work until he does that. I'm already at least 6 months behind from everybody dumping on me, so no way I'm letting him dump any more on me.

I was polite but firm with him and made it clear that I'm swamped. It has taken me 7 years, but I'm finally learning to stand up to him. I think school is helping a lot, because I know I'm good now, and he can't make me feel otherwise.

Hang in there and hopefully things will get better. I just hope it doesn't take as long for you as it has for me.

Live and learn. I didn't get mine in writing so I'm SOL. I can, however, update my resume and start looking again. After (notice my confidence and bravado) Mohammed gets here, then I will pursue this. But for now I have enough on my plate. I don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face at this point. But I definitely do deserve to be paid a lot more for the work I am doing and if I haven't already said it a bazillion times in my posts... I JUST WANT MY HUSBAND BACK!

You guys having a good one?

Timeline
Live and learn. I didn't get mine in writing so I'm SOL. I can, however, update my resume and start looking again.

Ok, disclaimer, I'm not offering legal advice (I'm a paralegal and that's a big no no), but I will offer this bit of legal information :) In business, verbal agreements and verbal contracts often are legally binding, depending on the state statutes.

irhal.jpg

just_waiting, I totally feel your co-sponsor woes!!!!

I'm currently on hold with the misinformation line hoping they'll tell me what our RFE was for, since it was issued 2 weeks ago and still no sign of the letter. I know they won't tell me anything, but I promised Majid I'd call anyway.

I've already been on hold for a half hour :P

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.