clairern

Jamaican Embassy

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys.........I think I just had a nightmare or something. As many of you know my husband interview is Tuesday and why do i think he needs to have a visa application all of a sudden. Is that true or do he just show up for his interview. How much money is he going to need to bring to his interview on Tuesday? And what will the money be going towards?

Maybe I'm looking to much into this and need fi go back to mi bed.

Timeline
Hi guys.........I think I just had a nightmare or something. As many of you know my husband interview is Tuesday and why do i think he needs to have a visa application all of a sudden. Is that true or do he just show up for his interview. How much money is he going to need to bring to his interview on Tuesday? And what will the money be going towards?

I had to really think cause I know I was loosing my mind....... :wacko:

DS-230 was the visa application

I'm going to my bed now

Timeline

I'm going to my bed now

:wacko::bonk::wow::rofl: DYAM MAD OOMAN !!.. him ago only need bout $500 JA fi pay fi di delivery thru airpak.....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I'm going to my bed now

:wacko::bonk::wow::rofl: DYAM MAD OOMAN !!.. him ago only need bout $500 JA fi pay fi di delivery thru airpak.....

girl i lost my mind when i woke up out my sleep this morning after 12am........ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh really?! well man, what are they waiting for! Maybe you should ask Gill if there were CR1 visas being issued on her day. I can't believe there are more CR1's vs K1/K3 visas coming out of Jamaica. But who knows.

Yes, there were both fiance(e) and spouses interviewing on my day... couldn't tell if they were CR1 or K3's though! All I gotta say is I am SOOOOO regretting not marrying my man down there and doing a CR1! I'm sorry for my situation and circumstances CR1 would have worked better. And when all is said and done...I probably waited the same amount of time for my K1 completion as I would have for a CR1!

Good luck to all...blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
Oh really?! well man, what are they waiting for! Maybe you should ask Gill if there were CR1 visas being issued on her day. I can't believe there are more CR1's vs K1/K3 visas coming out of Jamaica. But who knows.

Yes, there were both fiance(e) and spouses interviewing on my day... couldn't tell if they were CR1 or K3's though! All I gotta say is I am SOOOOO regretting not marrying my man down there and doing a CR1! I'm sorry for my situation and circumstances CR1 would have worked better. And when all is said and done...I probably waited the same amount of time for my K1 completion as I would have for a CR1!

Good luck to all...blessed,

Gill

Gill, don't feel bad. I felt the same way a few weeks after I send of the K-1 packet. It's all good though.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The thing about what you said, Gill, it comes and goes. When some others went through before and around me, the K-1 was the quicker/better way to go. Now, it has kind of switched gears. From what I am getting, it goes in cycles like that all the time. You can never count on anything.

Maybe you will get lucky Tre. I am hoping and praying for you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The thing about what you said, Gill, it comes and goes. When some others went through before and around me, the K-1 was the quicker/better way to go. Now, it has kind of switched gears. From what I am getting, it goes in cycles like that all the time. You can never count on anything.

Maybe you will get lucky Tre. I am hoping and praying for you!

I agree with JG...Lawny the whole visa process whether it be CR1 or K1 is just so hit and miss. I wish there was a way that the USCIS could give us #...you know when you call some offices and the recording tells you that you have this many minutes to hold until you get through...somthing like that would be helpful!

I look back now and ok...I saved myself a couple of hundred $$ filing in July...but I certainly didn't save ANY time! People that filed in February are getting NOA2 now! Lawny, for the life of me I don't know what is up with yours...hang tight Chica...it IS coming...trust me!

But then G-d does everything in his time and there IS a reason why I had to wait until now for Ken to get here...

not for me to question why...but to say 'AMEN!'

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I have a question what is the typical turn around time for visa to be sent to the visa holder. I'm still waiting for my husband visa I called the 202# this afternoon and I was told that it wasn't printed yet and to call back next week.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I need that visa this week so I can book his plane ticket.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question what is the typical turn around time for visa to be sent to the visa holder. I'm still waiting for my husband visa I called the 202# this afternoon and I was told that it wasn't printed yet and to call back next week.

Mi dear, I don't know if anyone can give you a true turnaround time because things seem to be changing. It took 1 week for hubby to get his after our interview and another VJ (USA-Jamaica) member had the same time frame for visa. But then, we had another member, Milan whose visa took a little while to get through (about 2 weeks or so). These are all CR1/IR1 visas similar to yours.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Mi dear, I don't know if anyone can give you a true turnaround time because things seem to be changing. It took 1 week for hubby to get his after our interview and another VJ (USA-Jamaica) member had the same time frame for visa. But then, we had another member, Milan whose visa took a little while to get through (about 2 weeks or so). These are all CR1/IR1 visas similar to yours.

Ours took 5 days but I have known some to wait up to even a month. Who knows why.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

That's what I keep saying......Ours took 4 days and part of that was over a weekend. Why is it taking so long now?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Great news Dimples.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.