LebaneseMama

Prepare us for the interview ...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

With the interview creeping up on us I will finally make a thread about getting prepared for the interview.

1 . Has anyone had an interview in Beirut that would like to share their experiences with me ? Like Simo did, but his was Casa.

2. Questions they typically ask for a CR1/IR1 interview.

3. Some red flags that might get us an RFE or put on AR.

4. Any documents we might need that are not on the checklist.

5. Any other tips or advice that you wish to share ... feel free.

I pray that someone will come on here and post that had an interview in Beirut ... it will calm our nerves so much just to know a little.

18 days until all of our wishes come true or our fears become a reality ...

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

good luck :thumbs:

wish i coulda been of help :P

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Well darlin, we didnt have our visa interview yet, but we had our preinterview when we submitted the I130, seriously just make sure he is calm and speaking in english and keeping eye contact, that will help. i wish you all the best and cant wait to hear about your expirience. hopefully someone will have some insight i wish i had some for you

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

Mohammed interviewed for K1 so I can't offer specific advice. What I can offer are these suggestions:

1. Be sure he is calm and relaxed.

2. Speak English as clearly as possible when necessary.

3. Be prepared for ANYTHING.

4. Take pictures and any additional proofs with you. They won't always accept them, but at least have them just in case.

5. Be honest. The temptation to gloss over red flags and "imperfections" is pretty substantial, but in the long run not worth it. The consuls have a nose for it.

My Fiance had his K1 interview in Beirut. We had another problem where he overstayed a few years ago, and that is the only reason he hasn't gotten the Visa yet. They gave him the waiver to file.

He said they where very nice. They asked him a few questions

How did we meet

Why did we wait so long to file

very Basic. Everyone I know that has filled through there has had no problem. Make sure you have all the paper work you need.

They didn't ask for any proof of relationship, but you never know when they will.

You guys have another thing working for you and that is that you are both Lebanese.

Timeline
Good luck Massouna! :)

awwww thank you guys !

Lostinlove,

I have heard from sooo many family members that Lebanon doesn't like you to bring in alot of proof, they won't look at it. Ali plans on taking a photo album and love letters in case they ask for it. You know what though I'm not worried. When we talk about each other you can see in our eyes how in love we are. (L)

Massouna

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

591088.png

Just take a couple of wedding pictures. Couple Pictures with the Family and a couple of pictures of you 2. Some Letters. If they ask for them, give them to them. I am glad you are not worried, because you shouldn't. This is so rootine there. Lebanese girls are always getting marrried to men from lebanon with no problem.

Timeline

Ohhh good .... alhamdullah my prayers were ansewred. Lostinlove you have done an excellent job of helping me have a little insight about Lebanon.

:lol: I know sooo much about Morocco .... but not so much about Lebanon :lol:

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Habibty, I wish I was in a situation where I could offer you advice and already have gone through the interview but its gonna be the other way around! You and Ali will be giving us the advice! :thumbs: I can't wait!!!! (F)

Did you decide what POE you are gonna fly him into?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

LAX ... I plan on living there after May 18th ... but I think they would kick me out and think I'm homeless :whistle:

I cannot wait to see his cute lost face in LAX ... I will probably run screaming and pushing anyone in front me ... like a mad man. :D

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
LAX ... I plan on living there after May 18th ... but I think they would kick me out and think I'm homeless :whistle:

I cannot wait to see his cute lost face in LAX ... I will probably run screaming and pushing anyone in front me ... like a mad man. :D

Thats sooooo cute! I can't even wait to hear about the reunion!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.