one...two...tree

Obama: 'If I am not ready, why do you think I would be such a great vice president?'

197 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

COLUMBUS, Miss -- Sen. Barack Obama delivered an animated rebuke today of suggestions from the Clintons in recent days that he could run as her vice president.

"Now first of all with all due respect, with all due respect," he said here during a town hall meeting. "I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So I don't' know how someone in second place can offer the vice presidency to someone in first place. If I was in second place I could understand but I am in first place right now.

He referenced comments from Bill Clinton in 1992 that his "most important criteria" for vice president was that person must be ready to be commander in chief.

"They have been spending the last two or three weeks" arguing that he is not ready to be commander in chief, Obama said.

"I don't understand. If I am not ready, why do you think I would be such a great vice president?" Obama asked the crowd, which gave him a standing ovation during his defense. "I don't understand."

"You can't say he is not ready on day one, then you want him to be your vice president," Obama continued. "I just want everybody to absolutely clear: I am not running for vice president. I am running to be president of the United States of America."

:lol::thumbs:

Obama was responding to comments from Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson on a conference call earlier today, in which he suggested that Obama could pass the "threshold" and become commander in chief material this summer. "Senator Clinton will not choose any candidate who has not at the time of choosing passed the national security threshold. But we have a long way to go until Denver, and it's not something she's prepared to rule out at this point," he said.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/030..._president.html

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

COLUMBUS, Miss -- Sen. Barack Obama delivered an animated rebuke today of suggestions from the Clintons in recent days that he could run as her vice president.

"Now first of all with all due respect, with all due respect," he said here during a town hall meeting. "I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So I don't' know how someone in second place can offer the vice presidency to someone in first place. If I was in second place I could understand but I am in first place right now.

He referenced comments from Bill Clinton in 1992 that his "most important criteria" for vice president was that person must be ready to be commander in chief.

"They have been spending the last two or three weeks" arguing that he is not ready to be commander in chief, Obama said.

"I don't understand. If I am not ready, why do you think I would be such a great vice president?" Obama asked the crowd, which gave him a standing ovation during his defense. "I don't understand."

"You can't say he is not ready on day one, then you want him to be your vice president," Obama continued. "I just want everybody to absolutely clear: I am not running for vice president. I am running to be president of the United States of America."

Obama was responding to comments from Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson on a conference call earlier today, in which he suggested that Obama could pass the "threshold" and become commander in chief material this summer. "Senator Clinton will not choose any candidate who has not at the time of choosing passed the national security threshold. But we have a long way to go until Denver, and it's not something she's prepared to rule out at this point," he said.

Well, I guess we won't be seeing a Clinton-Obama ticket OR a Obama-Clinton ticket. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

National security threshold? Is that in Texas?

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I guess trying to deface obama isnt working. Now she is trying to join with him <_< Sounds desperate to me

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Of course he understands, he's not a nitwit. Nice spin on she offered him the VP'ship too. She might have presented a case for being top of the ticket but no one has offerered anyone anything as yet.

He's getting some good experience at fighting for his corner which I personally think is a good thing. Good speach of course, very well played.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Of course he understands, he's not a nitwit. Nice spin on she offered him the VP'ship too. She might have presented a case for being top of the ticket but no one has offerered anyone anything as yet.

He's getting some good experience at fighting for his corner which I personally think is a good thing. Good speach of course, very well played.

...as if she wasn't spinning with her inference of a ticket with them both on it. ;)

He PWNED her on this one! This is the kind of counter punch he can deliver right back at her which also puts to rest whether he could handle attacks from the Republicans if he is the nominee. Gobama!

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Timeline

...as if she wasn't spinning with her inference of a ticket with them both on it. ;)

He PWNED her on this one! This is the kind of counter punch he can deliver right back at her which also puts to rest whether he could handle attacks from the Republicans if he is the nominee. Gobama!

Yeah, right. He has turned tail on Canada & Rezko, so responding to HC is hardly the same.

Timeline

Yeah, right. He has turned tail on Canada & Rezko, so responding to HC is hardly the same.

You could say the same thing about every allegation leveled at the Clintons, but you and I know that without enough substance to actually show wrong doing, it's nothing but rumor. Did Hillary know that Mr. Hsu was involved in illegal activity? I hope not, but unless someone can come with convincing evidence that she did but she took his money anyway, there's nothing to it. Of all people, Hillary should know that unsubstantiated rumors amount to nothing.

Yes and? I thought I was making it clear that I don't buy into his 'new politics' when he daily shows he knows all the rules of the old politics and I have yet to see the links to his plans to materially effect politics for the better once he gets into the WH...should he indeed do so. I want to see the plans to implement 'open and transparent' politics. I'd like to see his plans to fundamentally change the role of lobbyists.

As for whether this puts anything to 'rest' as regards whether he can continue to play Mr Nice Guy while making these backhanded insults, I think that it's rather early to say.

I really hate the expression PWNED, it's so cheap.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gosh, she's all over the place! What is she thinking?! I don't see why people can't see her sick and twisted ways of trying to get votes. If this is how shady she oprates before she is in Office then who knows what she could become when in office.

I think that was very wise and right on what Obama said about stating how he is in first place, has more electoral AND popular votes and Hillary still treats him like a second rate candidate. What is that all about?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Yes and? I thought I was making it clear that I don't buy into his 'new politics' when he daily shows he knows all the rules of the old politics and I have yet to see the links to his plans to materially effect politics for the better once he gets into the WH...should he indeed do so. I want to see the plans to implement 'open and transparent' politics. I'd like to see his plans to fundamentally change the role of lobbyists.

As for whether this puts anything to 'rest' as regards whether he can continue to play Mr Nice Guy while making these backhanded insults, I think that it's rather early to say.

I really hate the expression PWNED, it's so cheap.

It's easy to become cynical about the process.

Timeline
Gosh, she's all over the place! What is she thinking?! I don't see why people can't see her sick and twisted ways of trying to get votes. If this is how shady she oprates before she is in Office then who knows what she could become when in office.

I think that was very wise and right on what Obama said about stating how he is in first place, has more electoral AND popular votes and Hillary still treats him like a second rate candidate. What is that all about?

Yep. It's the arrogance that turns a lot of people off. Even if she's just being political, it doesn't do well for her. She could use a little humility and self effacement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If Clinton and Obama had agreed to team-up earlier, that might have been a nightmare for McCain. As it is, neither one is willing to concede and they're making the party look bad. I mean, polls indicate that something like 80% of Americans want change, but they also show that it's about a even race on either a Obama/McCain or Clinton/McCain contest. What does that tell you?

Filed: Timeline

Yep. It's the arrogance that turns a lot of people off. Even if she's just being political, it doesn't do well for her. She could use a little humility and self effacement.

Oh and Obama has humility? Gimme a break - did you read that NYT article I posted? He had his sights set on the WH before he became a Senator!