WS-JW

transfering funds to US

23 posts in this topic

I used InterchangeFX and they were very good.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

thanks for the replies - i've started the registration process with XE - said they'd call me on the 17th :) so hopefully will be set up and functioning soon. can someone tell me, what happens next - once i've registered my UK bank account with them and it's all set up, do i simply need to give them the US bank details of the account i want to transfer to, or will i need to go through the same process once again when i'm in america with the US bank account?

thanks.

thanks for the replies - i've started the registration process with XE - said they'd call me on the 17th :) so hopefully will be set up and functioning soon. can someone tell me, what happens next - once i've registered my UK bank account with them and it's all set up, do i simply need to give them the US bank details of the account i want to transfer to, or will i need to go through the same process once again when i'm in america with the US bank account?

thanks.

I don't know about XE as I haven't used them but with InterchangeFX you phone them up with the amount you want to transfer and they quote you the amount of dollars that it will buy. if you wish to proceed they will email you a form which has your customer ref, a transaction ref and details of their account. You then contact your bank to arrange the transfer to their account making sure that they quote your customer and deal reference. You sign the form agreeing to the exchange and fill in another form with details of the destination account number and name and IBAN (Sort Code) reference. You then return these to your exchange broker and the transfer can proceed as soon as they receive the funds from your bank.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

• 1 month later...

hi

question about xe trade - i have it all set up for transferring money between my uk and us bank accounts... and have initiated a trade with them but now they want me to wire the money to them but haven't given me any info about how i do it!! what do i do next?! have been searching my bank's website in vain trying to figure out how to wire money to a company that haven't provided me with any account number or anything for doing this... and they say i have to get them the money in 3 days and now i'm panicking! can anyone who's used them pm me asap with what to do??! my uk bank is nationwide...

thank you!!! emma.

• 13 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, RonnyE said:

When im moving back & fourth from the US to the UK i use https://xendpay.com/ who have proven very useful especially as i am with Barclays too, no hidden fees, getting the best rates & very simple to move money, 100% worth checking them out if you're in a similar situation as me, hopefully we can start travelling again, theres an amazing little village in the heart of the Cotswold called Bourton on the water, very quaint little village. 

This is an ancient thread (13 years) so many new transfer organizations since then. I use Transferwise (which has a recent new name I can’t remember right now. )  Google Transferwise and it will come up.,

Bourton on the Water is great. My wife loved it on our last trip to England. A watercolor of it is hanging on our gallery wall of travel destinations. Highly recommend.  The wife liked Burford too.

Some up to date info - I made a significant transfer UK to US recently using OFX - www.ofx.com.

Excellent rate, easy to set-up, and zero fees (for an idea of the savings over using a bank, Halifax wanted over $1,000 for the transfer with a far worse rate). They have really good 24/7 customer phone support as well. Would highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.