tabta

Question about tourist visa for husbands parents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are considering bringing my husbands parents here to visit for a couple of months. We just had a baby in October and we want them to be ale to spend some time with him. His parents are in their 50's. THey do not own a home or a car. His mom is a stay at home wife and his dad is self employed (a salesman). They have no bank accounts or anything like that. we cannot think of anything that would show them reason to stay besides the fact that all of their family (but my husband) is in Mexico. So now I would like to know if it will be possible, although they would not stay illegally, is there any need to even try to get a tourist visa? Sure we would gladly pay for the vis if we thought they had a shot at getting it, but we don't want to just throw our money away.

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

My girlfriend went 2 times to Mexico City for a B2 visitor visa. Denied both times. They will deny you so fast it is not even funny. The consular wouldn't even let her hand over documents like the notarized affidavit of support. So we gathered more proof for the second time: She changed her fathers apartment into her name, changed her mothers property into her name, I gave her 3 grand to put in a bank account, I created a letter of invitation from my family in which after the written statement explaining that she would only stay for 2 weeks, all expenses paid, and that she will return home, etc. etc. I scanned my drivers license, my mom's, my dad's, and my brother's and we each signed and printed our names below. We had a lot of other evidence too. To make a long story short, the consular officer said she came back for her appointment to soon and that she should try again in 6 months (there was a 1 and a half month gap between her two visa denials). I think they should invest in lie detection software and if the visa applicant passes it and honestly does not intend to overstay then they should be approved. I believe they deny about half of the B2 applicants and when I sat outside of the U.S. embassy in Mexico City watching all the people come out of the building, 1 out of every 10 came out crying.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Same in Colombia. The CO's have denied a lot of my family members and they won't even look at what kind of paperwork they brought with them. The just flat out say "we're not giving you a visa" and that's that.

It's a gamble and if you feel lucky and want to take your chances, go for it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
My girlfriend went 2 times to Mexico City for a B2 visitor visa. Denied both times. They will deny you so fast it is not even funny. The consular wouldn't even let her hand over documents like the notarized affidavit of support. So we gathered more proof for the second time: She changed her fathers apartment into her name, changed her mothers property into her name, I gave her 3 grand to put in a bank account, I created a letter of invitation from my family in which after the written statement explaining that she would only stay for 2 weeks, all expenses paid, and that she will return home, etc. etc. I scanned my drivers license, my mom's, my dad's, and my brother's and we each signed and printed our names below. We had a lot of other evidence too. To make a long story short, the consular officer said she came back for her appointment to soon and that she should try again in 6 months (there was a 1 and a half month gap between her two visa denials). I think they should invest in lie detection software and if the visa applicant passes it and honestly does not intend to overstay then they should be approved. I believe they deny about half of the B2 applicants and when I sat outside of the U.S. embassy in Mexico City watching all the people come out of the building, 1 out of every 10 came out crying.

Lie detection software? Are you kidding? There's a reason that isn't even admissable in court.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For my husband and my wedding in 2004. we talked to the local congressman's office to help us with getting a visa for my mother-in-law. My husband had been denied a visitor's visa back when we were dating so we were concerned about applying for my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law owns her own home, but had no money in the bank. She had a job but made $3000 pesos/month. Not much to impress them.

She had her appointment in Guadalajara. The representative at the Congressman's office sent a packet on my mother-in-law's behalf to Guadalajara. The packet included a letter from them that I was a US Citizen in good standing. They also included a letter I'd written and a copy of the wedding invitation. When she got there for the interview, they had the packet from their office and they'd actually looked at it. She also showed them a letter from her employer and a copy of her house title. She said they were skeptical, but they gave her a one-time entry visa for our wedding.

We're in the same boat as you guys are now. We're planning a baby soon and I want her to come up to visit. I'm going to talk to the local senator's office and see if they can help this time. That's all I can suggest right now.

I wish you luck... we'll need it, too.

heather

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

We are considering bringing my husbands parents here to visit for a couple of months. We just had a baby in October and we want them to be ale to spend some time with him. His parents are in their 50's. THey do not own a home or a car. His mom is a stay at home wife and his dad is self employed (a salesman). They have no bank accounts or anything like that. we cannot think of anything that would show them reason to stay besides the fact that all of their family (but my husband) is in Mexico. So now I would like to know if it will be possible, although they would not stay illegally, is there any need to even try to get a tourist visa? Sure we would gladly pay for the vis if we thought they had a shot at getting it, but we don't want to just throw our money away.

Well, if they don´t have properties in their country, then I can see that a little difficult. Maybe you both can start sending money to them for saving into a acount for a while. I mean reasonable amount of money so they can put and retain in the account for going to the Consulate, it is an idea. Also you would have to provide invitation letter for both of them.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Here is the deal: Consulates keep records of each visa applicant, if a person goes to an interview without properties let´s say like your g/f first interview and later on goes back with a lot a titles in her name, they willl know that she did all the papers just for going to the Embassy.

CO are not stupid neither the consular computer system, the bar code in the form are keeped in the system, so people have to try to be ready when they go to request visitor visa firts time. :whistle:

Good luck now with the K1. :thumbs:

Edited by YMR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.