tuty

Filing in March

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Thank you guys....

I am so excited...and nervous at the same time...

need to get in bed now and get my beauty sleep... so i can be fresh tomorrow...lol

Erin...you don't have to much left either until you see your man :)

Corrie..next time baby kicks tell him i said hello :)

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i hope you all had a lovely weekend :)

aleena - i'll bet you had/are having a fabulous time with your guy! :luv:

4 more sleeps until david and i are together again. (L) not sure why but mondays are always the hardest day of the week for me in terms of being apart. hopefully we only have another 10 months or so and this will all be in the past. and given that we've been together for 5 months, that means we're likely 1/3 of the way through our journey to be together. :dance:

it's such a strange sensation to be so in love with another person and feel so connected to them, yet have moments of absolute heartbreak because you can't be together.

gosh - won't it be fantastic when we're all through this process and living life to the fullest with the people we love? :yes:

Edited by erinanddavid

Now, now Kim. Get in line like a good little April filer and wait your turn.

Why are they being so slow & inconsistent?!?! I've never been one to back down from a fight if it is something I believe in but I think I have been beaten by this process. There is more chance of Robert Mugabe embracing democracy than the USCIS providing us with any sort of predictable level of service. Oh I'm so impatient today!! lol

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. All of these April showers had better bring May...approvals!

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline

kim and bex,

i am SURE you will both be approved sometime in june at the very latest. you're both at the VSC. (NOA2 wonderland!)

my paperwork is growing roots at CSC but it's only been there for 40 days now. another 140 to go before i can really throw a fit. (oh, and i will if i have to!) :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

:lol: Bex! We seem very similar creatures! ;) I'm sure it will be soon for you and yours hon!

I'm really not impatient at all ...just thought it would be funny to give you guys some ageda over here! ;) It's true, they've slowed down quite a bit even at VSC as of late. I realize we're a very small percentage here at VJ but January and February filers seemed to fly by! Seems March is waiting a little longer. Still nothing compared to CSC!

Erin, I feel for you! I hope you don't have to wait as long as you think.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Erin, I feel for you! I hope you don't have to wait as long as you think.

we'll just have to wait and see and stay positive. i found out this morning that david will be out of a job by the end of july :wacko: combine that with my debt situation and i'm not sure how we're going to move this process forward. we'll have to figure out who could be a co-sponsor, and i'm trying to figure out if i should declare bankruptcy or not. it would make things much easier for us... give us a fair shot without significant financial stress... it just feels like failure (even though a big chunk of my debt is my ex's). i guess i have something bigger than CSC to focus on for a while.

it's such a strange sensation to be so in love with another person and feel so connected to them, yet have moments of absolute heartbreak because you can't be together.

Well.....call me crazy, but I actually feel alot calmer now that the wheels are in motion toward immigration. Before it was kinda like a crazy dream--falling for this foreigner and wishing somehow you could just live together instead of messaging all the time. I felt really good when I mailed in the petition. ***exhale** At least it's a plan instead of a fairy tale in my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm as impatient as the next person waiting around for an unknown date, but not feeling heartbreak so much.

Today is a gorgeous day....sunny blue skies, cooled down from 80's into the 60's, my flowers blooming like crazy...LOVE IT!

And in less than 2 weeks, I'm off to the UK for another visit.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Erin, You do what you have to do to be happy...it's that simple. I was with my ex for close to 20 years (high-school sweethearts) and we had a hefty savings that has since been depleted. Russell and I have been waiting many years to be together. In the past 3 years we've spent upwards of $60,000 just on travelling... he also left a 6 figure income in Australia two years ago to come here to be with me as much as he could while we awaited my divorce. I'm now having to refinance my home, which depreciated in value by about $60,000, to get it into my name alone. If there's one thing my life has taught me.. it's perspective. I am a woman who has buried a child, who's lost 200 pounds (10 years ago), lost my 'healthy' dad at just 51 and who has a missing brother.... it goes on but I think you get the picture. ;) Money is nice...but LOVE is what makes the world go round! ;) Don't waste another second worrying about it. Do what you need to do to be happy. The rest will fall into place. It's only failure when you let it be. ;) I know your journey is longer but the prize is the same and I hope you keep the focus on the prize the whole way! :)

Nich-Nick... TOTALLY agree with you! As soon as I walked out of the post office it was as though I was 20 pounds lighter and you could not wipe the smile off my face! I know it's a long road but oh to be on the way is just bliss! Now talk to me in a couple months and I may have a different opinion! :lol: Really, we've waited so long that this is puppy!

Best wishes folks... now move it on out of there! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well.....call me crazy, but I actually feel alot calmer now that the wheels are in motion toward immigration. Before it was kinda like a crazy dream--falling for this foreigner and wishing somehow you could just live together instead of messaging all the time. I felt really good when I mailed in the petition. ***exhale** At least it's a plan instead of a fairy tale in my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm as impatient as the next person waiting around for an unknown date, but not feeling heartbreak so much.

Today is a gorgeous day....sunny blue skies, cooled down from 80's into the 60's, my flowers blooming like crazy...LOVE IT!

Good Luck with the process and hopefully it would be a speedy one. Coincidentally, I sent out my 129F packet at the same day you sent and mine were exactly touched the same days your were touched. I hope we made it quickly. Missing my honey alot.

Timeline

the weather certain helps lift the spirit. that is a definite! (F)(F)(F)

i do feel calmer than i did. things are actually happening! wheels in motion, as you said :)

i just miss him and he's been soooo busy. admittedly, i wrote that in a bad moment. :blush: i must remember "and this too shall pass" whenever i get like that :) we will be together sooner than later and it will be wonderful building a life with him. *and* i do get to see him in 3 more sleeps. :dance:

Erin, You do what you have to do to be happy...it's that simple. I was with my ex for close to 20 years (high-school sweethearts) and we had a hefty savings that has since been depleted. Russell and I have been waiting many years to be together. In the past 3 years we've spent upwards of $60,000 just on travelling... he also left a 6 figure income in Australia two years ago to come here to be with me as much as he could while we awaited my divorce. I'm now having to refinance my home, which depreciated in value by about $60,000, to get it into my name alone. If there's one thing my life has taught me.. it's perspective. I am a woman who has buried a child, who's lost 200 pounds (10 years ago), lost my 'healthy' dad at just 51 and who has a missing brother.... it goes on but I think you get the picture. ;) Money is nice...but LOVE is what makes the world go round! ;) Don't waste another second worrying about it. Do what you need to do to be happy. The rest will fall into place. It's only failure when you let it be. ;) I know your journey is longer but the prize is the same and I hope you keep the focus on the prize the whole way! :)

i think i'm going to print out your post and put it on my fridge ;) you have such a fantastic perspective on things given what you've experienced in life. THANK YOU for taking the time to write all this. :)

money is one thing i've struggled with for a long, long time. the thought of it messing things up... well, i just can't let it happen this time. i've got to put a strong plan into action! and i'm working on it now. then i can move forward and forget about it, let it take care of itself without letting it bring me down. it's kind of like submitting the K1. you do it and then things seem to calm down, you can relax and step away from the paperwork piles and move onto enjoying all the time you can connect and be together.

anyway... :)

Morning Marchies

Ohhhhh is that a March filer I see at the top of Igors list ... ahem yes i think it is. Its the little things that get my day moving. I hope your all well.

Erin, you need to do what you have to do to be happy. We are all here hoping and praying for each other. You have a wonderful soon to be husband that will support you on whatever you decide to do I'm sure. Its time to start YOUR lives together and if you can find ways to get rid of all the nasties from from other lives then get cracking on it hun.

Kim I'm glad you have ventured in here, your so amazingly insightful and articulate. I have a grand total of 21 years life experience, I would say that probably translates into about 4 years of actual experience. If anyone needs help with moody teenage years I am an expert on that! I am going to make sure I am still here on VJ in 10 years time when I have some good advice.

Lots of love and hugs ... its approval day today ... oh please let it be approval day.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline

Erin, i'm glad you're feeling better about it all. Money is just so much easier to spend than it is to save! :lol: The sun is finally shining here (in MA) too ... it is good for the soul! :)

Bex, thank you for the kind words. I certainly appreciate it. I have a 16 year old daughter and an 11 y/o boy and I coached 35 teenage girls (competing cheerleaders) for many, many years so I think i've got the moody teen thing pretty much down. :lol: Wisdom and perspective can come at any age (i'm 38 btw ;)) ...it's just a choice. ;)

March approval? Haven't checked yet but oooooh how exciting for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

timeline.jpg

Coincidentally, I sent out my 129F packet at the same day you sent and mine were exactly touched the same days your were touched.

Maybe we're sitting in the same box together in a Vermont closet. Let's send them some mental vibes~~~~~ so they'll pick our box to move to their desk. :D And while we're at it, let's direct our vibes to the smartest, fastest, nicest worker. hahahaha

The way they were cranking things out in Feb/Mar (according to Igor's list) gave me a false sense of things going faster. Big disappointment. Oh well, at least we're in the queue.

Have a great day. I'm going to drive into the big city and visit a friend in the hospital. Then I'm on a mission to find an accessory for a bride's hair at the fancy fabric store, and get it back before her portrait session this afternoon. ( Don't ya just love bride talk?)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Maybe we're sitting in the same box together in a Vermont closet. Let's send them some mental vibes~~~~~ so they'll pick our box to move to their desk. :D And while we're at it, let's direct our vibes to the smartest, fastest, nicest worker. hahahaha

I just got my approval :dance: :dance: :dance: Seems like your idea of sending the vibes worked for me....surely i got the smartest, fastest, nicest worker he he he he......I am just so happy that i can't even express.....I hope you also go yours......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.