Kalydon

I filed my I-751 ... any suggestions?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello to everybody!

I haven't posted here for quite some time ... but now it's time again. ;)

Last week, I filed our joint application for "Removal of Conditions" from my green card. My application was received at Texas Service Center on Friday, 02/29/2008. Here is what I included in my package:

Tab 1: Petition

- Form I-751

- Copy of Marriage Certificate

- Payment for Processing and Biometrics Fee (checks safely attached in a separate envelope)

Tab 2: Green Card, Passports, Airline Tickets

- Copies of the passports (and green card) of me and my wife.

- Copy of our airline tickets for a vacation that we took in December of 2007 (see passports as well).

Tab 3: Beneficiary Designations / Insurances

- Beneficiary designation for my state retirement to my wife *

- Dental Insurance Coverage for my wife through me *

- Beneficiary designation for my life insurance to my wife *

- Beneficiary designation for my 401(k) to my wife *

I also included the following statement:

* My wife is currently enrolled as a full-time student at … University (since 01/2007), working on obtaining a Masters Degree in Public Administration (please see attached copy of student ID card). Therefore, she currently does not have any benefits that can be designated to me.

Existing savings and/or retirement accounts (from my wife’s former employment) have been used to finance part of the costs for going to school and are now exhausted, which makes a designation to me impossible. Of course, once my wife is employed again (with benefits) she will designate those benefits to me, if applicable.

Tab 4: Car Ownership, Car Insurance, Car Loan

- Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership.

- Copy of a car insurance notice, showing joint coverage

- Copy of a car loan statement, showing joint ownership

Tab 5: Other Financials

- Copy of bank statements, showing a joint account

- Copy of credit cards, showing a joint account.

- Copy of our Home Improvement Loan, showing joint account

Tab 6: Tax Returns

- Excerpts (copy) of our 2006 + 2007 joint US tax return.

Tab 7: Pictures

- Pictures showing us together with other family members on several occasions (pictures taken in the US and in Germany)

I just thought I would share that with everybody out there who might be interested and will have to file an I-751 eventually. I'm also interested to hear if anybody has some ideas or thoughts about what else I should have included in my packet. Of course, I'm hoping not to receive any RFE's .. but if someone in here thinks I missed something important, please let me know so that I can prepare my documents for eventual RFE's. Thank you!

Marcel

AMO VITAM!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.