19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am sure many of us are in this situation......by reading all the threads of people who are able to file with the Vermont Service Center and how their cases are making progress and us unfortunate souls stuck with the California Service Center AND THE LACK OF ANY PROGRESS!!!!!! :angry:

I have read the other threads of other people commersating on this very topic but today it has hit me particularly hard. I am frustrated that I can't make any plans. I have no idea when everything will come together. I would like to go see my fiance but making a trip now might be silly if the visa comes through, etc. blah, blah, blah.......AND it snowed again. WHAT ELSE CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT. My friends want details of what's going on. They don't get that I have no answer at the moment and don't know when I will have any answers.

I did write to my representative. The response I got was it would take a couple of weeks for a response. :wacko: More waiting?!?!?!?!?!

How is a girl to deal with all this? Heavy drinking? Chocolate cake therapy?

Oh yeah, and my jeans are fitting a bit tight lately. :crying:

I needed to vent. Thanks!

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Filed: Timeline

If your timeline is right, you filed in November. That means you've been waiting just under 4 months. CSC seem to be running at about 5 months, so you've got a little bit more waiting to do. Hang in there and try to stay positive. :thumbs:

The jeans fitting too tight...that's probably the biggest disaster. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Personally, I turn to drinking. ;)

I'm still filling out the paperwork my fiancée's K1 (hope to have it mailed off on March 15th) and reading about how long it will take at the CSC. It is definitely going to be a bummer waiting this long for approval. I'm probably going to go out and visit my fiancée in June to help break up the wait a bit.

Good luck with your wait and hopefully all turns out well.

Yeah, you need to to be on the waiting list a little longer before you get sympathy compared to filers waiting in excess of 6 months. On that note, you will probably get approved in the next couple weeks, good luck to you.

Vodka will cure what aches you.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Personally, I turn to drinking. ;)

Works for me :thumbs:

:unsure:

Me too - as for jeans fitting too tight... man I wish...

I can't get into most of mine now :blush:

Diet anyone?! Maybe after the three toffee pecan cupcakes I have lined up... :innocent:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

I like food. That tends to make everything better. I already told my fiance that he is going to have to help me lose all the weight I put on during this process because I always find myself eating!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You sound like me just a few weeks ago!! I had all the same exact complaints. I can't give ya too much sympathy as you aren't anywhere near waiting as long as we did :P but I can give you words of encouragement. They're going lots faster now and your approval is probably right around the corner. Spring IS coming and this weekend is daylight savings time already! I always feel happier when it's light out longer in the evenings. Don't even look at the Vermont timelines. You're in a different boat so it only causes unnecessary frustration. Just take each day at a time and give yourself something good to look forward to about tomorrow as small as it may be.

Hang in there! (F)

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

If it's any consolation, they do seem to be picking up the pace, probably because most of that big surge of people who filed in late July to beat the fee increase are past the USCIS stage now.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We've all been there or are there now.

The only way I made it through was to not check on the situation daily. That only started to drive me crazy. I focused on preparing for my fiance to join me and to fill the time as best I could. I worked 2 jobs and made cards in my spare time. Time flew when there was little of it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Diet anyone?! Maybe after the three toffee pecan cupcakes I have lined up... :innocent:

Sounds like me - I always think, I can start to change my diet next week...those brownies/tiffin/cookies sure look mighty tempting! :help:

Ms. Hellwig - nothing wrong with venting, we all need to do it occasionally! I know how you feel about not being able to tell anyone what's happening...it's extremely frustrating always having to fend off the questions! Keeping busy is key I think! Good luck to you and to the rest of us - hopefully we'll all be approved in good time. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know the feeling and I am not sure what to turn to...I, for sure, try to avoid all threads with VSC filers...no offense to them!!! ....my jeans don't fit either because i lost so much weight :lol: and a drink help me sleep (but can only do that if not working next day :lol: ) My SO said he will have to start to fat me up once I moved to Las Vegas. But I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we will all reach it .....Just have to stay strong as hard as the waiting can be ;)

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As JG said above, when you stop checking and comparing other cases to yours time will fly by. She gave that same advice on the yardie thread and I listened and the time flew by so fast, now our case is completed. I only checked the system every other day. Good luck and come here to vent anytime. We've got your back.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well actually your in luck cause things are moving much faster now than they were a few months back. Plus CSC has already pulled out some September filers so I'd say you have at least another 30-45 days for an approval. Its about 6 months average on approvals out of CSC so if your around 4 months then.....

I find it good to have a realistic expectation of approvals and this whole journey otherwise you'd make yourself crazy. i just noticed your a K1 filer so actually your approval is coming in the next couple weeks. K1 is moving much faster than CR1.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.