Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok...soooo guess what..i think my spitting is OVER !! :dance::dance: i noticed it about 2 days ago..and at night when i had to keep soemthing by the bed...nooo morree..thank the Lord..hope mi no jinx miself :dance:

:thumbs: I hope it continues to be a little smoother for you. Hang in there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I got a copy of the packet three in the mail over the weekend. The mister is going to the post office today to see if he got his copy. I've been reading through it and I just want to verify the next step (because the info on the US Embassy website and the info in the letter are not quite the same) - all my fiance has to do is fill out the DS-230 and return that to the Embassy to get the interview scheduled? Can this be done online? What recommendations does any one have to make this go as smoothly as possible?

The rest seems pretty clear cut about what documents need to be gathered to bring to the interview.

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Request an appt to drop of the DS-230, it's easy. They'll try and convince to mail it in as they did with me, but I told them I'd rather have my fiance drop it off. I requested the appt. for the drop on Monday they gave me the appt for Thursday the same week. Our packet 3 came very early...packet 4 was another thing. I ended up with 3 and my fiance ended up with 2 after I e-mailed the embassy several times telling them I never received it. I guess they got sick of me, but hey...I wanted my questions answered. They emailed me 4 times in 1 hour. If you have any questions, I can honestly say they'll answer it. If they don't, e-mail them again and put in the subject line along with the KINGSTON number 2nd Inquiry, 3rd Inquiry and so on.

Let me tell you about the mail system in Jamaica (you may already know)...It's DAMNNNNNNNN slow. The embassy said the mailed packet 4 on April 18th...we waited and waited and nothing. So, I sent an e-mail. My last e-mail to them was very FIRM and well they mailed in May 5th and my fiance got it May 7th (two days); so, I don't understand how they can mail something from Kingston and you won't get it for 3 weeks. I just don't understand that.

What comes in packet 4?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Ok...soooo guess what..i think my spitting is OVER !! :dance::dance: i noticed it about 2 days ago..and at night when i had to keep soemthing by the bed...nooo morree..thank the Lord..hope mi no jinx miself :dance:

:thumbs: I hope it continues to be a little smoother for you. Hang in there.

Hey, this is what I call Love PASTOR TRIES TO RAISE DEAD WIFE

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20080528/news/news1.html

We all hope our SO feel this same way when our time has come.

Roxcie

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy ---

OMG I hated that so much. My thing was the vomiting. I don't know why they called it morning sickness mine was all day long. I was always hungry. I'm just thankful that my son was able to get to 6 pounds when I had him. I only gained 3. All I had to do was smell something that wasn't right. I used to love Irish Spring soap before I got pregnant, but if I smelled it...it was all over for me.

How do you know when you're a mom, when you're covered in vomit fom your face to your waist. Thanks to my son. That was how I spent memorial day.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I got a copy of the packet three in the mail over the weekend. The mister is going to the post office today to see if he got his copy. I've been reading through it and I just want to verify the next step (because the info on the US Embassy website and the info in the letter are not quite the same) - all my fiance has to do is fill out the DS-230 and return that to the Embassy to get the interview scheduled? Can this be done online? What recommendations does any one have to make this go as smoothly as possible?

The rest seems pretty clear cut about what documents need to be gathered to bring to the interview.

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Request an appt to drop of the DS-230, it's easy. They'll try and convince to mail it in as they did with me, but I told them I'd rather have my fiance drop it off. I requested the appt. for the drop on Monday they gave me the appt for Thursday the same week. Our packet 3 came very early...packet 4 was another thing. I ended up with 3 and my fiance ended up with 2 after I e-mailed the embassy several times telling them I never received it. I guess they got sick of me, but hey...I wanted my questions answered. They emailed me 4 times in 1 hour. If you have any questions, I can honestly say they'll answer it. If they don't, e-mail them again and put in the subject line along with the KINGSTON number 2nd Inquiry, 3rd Inquiry and so on.

Let me tell you about the mail system in Jamaica (you may already know)...It's DAMNNNNNNNN slow. The embassy said the mailed packet 4 on April 18th...we waited and waited and nothing. So, I sent an e-mail. My last e-mail to them was very FIRM and well they mailed in May 5th and my fiance got it May 7th (two days); so, I don't understand how they can mail something from Kingston and you won't get it for 3 weeks. I just don't understand that.

What comes in packet 4?

Your interview date! Basically that's it! But Mista needs it to attend the medical.

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Thanks!

Ms. H;

What comes in packet 4?

It's the interview letter, plus some other forms and instructions for the medical. You need the interview letter for the medical and to get in on the day of your interview. If you don't have the letter they will not let you into the embassy (even if you name on the list).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Uh-oh...GO LAWNY!!!! :thumbs: She's Dead on Ms. H!!! Send them an email and in the subject line put your KNG# /Request appointment date to drop off DS-230. This will help to speed up your interview date...it'll probably be August at this point!

Their email address is: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Kimmy ---

OMG I hated that so much. My thing was the vomiting. I don't know why they called it morning sickness mine was all day long. I was always hungry. I'm just thankful that my son was able to get to 6 pounds when I had him. I only gained 3. All I had to do was smell something that wasn't right. I used to love Irish Spring soap before I got pregnant, but if I smelled it...it was all over for me.

How do you know when you're a mom, when you're covered in vomit fom your face to your waist. Thanks to my son. That was how I spent memorial day.

Kimmy, try Ice chips, this will keep the mouth and throat wet. You won't have the need to spit so much.

ICE CHIPS, Watermellon and strawberries. ALL DAY LONG.

Men's cologne made me vomit.

Shopping cured all of it. That's what I told my EX. I told him pregnancy was a handicapp, so I needed to shop. Shop till I dropped, best dress pregnant woman in the whole office building. I remember my Ex asking me How long do you plan on being pregnant.

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks!

Ms. H;

What comes in packet 4?

It's the interview letter, plus some other forms and instructions for the medical. You need the interview letter for the medical and to get in on the day of your interview. If you don't have the letter they will not let you into the embassy (even if you name on the list).

It's full of confusing information that will make you pull your hair out.........

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Uh-oh...GO LAWNY!!!! :thumbs: She's Dead on Ms. H!!! Send them an email and in the subject line put your KNG# /Request appointment date to drop off DS-230. This will help to speed up your interview date...it'll probably be August at this point!

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill;

Lang time mi no trouble you....I might call you this weekend if you not too busy with the TWINS :rofl: ...lawd mi terrible. Ms. H; I did everything Gill & Tonisha told me to do and my interview is June 24th. The ladies here have guided me in more ways that one. If it wasn't for them I would be BALD with no eyelashes (aint that the truth). My appt was set for 12:30 to drop it off. It seems like that's the only time the give to drop off forms. My friends have all gotten the same time and almost always on Thursday.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill;

Lang time mi no trouble you....I might call you this weekend if you not too busy with the TWINS :rofl: ...lawd mi terrible. Ms. H; I did everything Gill & Tonisha told me to do and my interview is June 24th. The ladies here have guided me in more ways that one. If it wasn't for them I would be BALD with no eyelashes (aint that the truth). My appt was set for 12:30 to drop it off. It seems like that's the only time the give to drop off forms. My friends have all gotten the same time and almost always on Thursday.

Lawny...shut deh RASS hup bout dem twins deh!!! :lol: Of course Chica...yuh done knoa yuh cyan call mi hennytime...ah nuh nuttin' dat!

We help each other here...it's a family helping each other...trust mi it's not wan or two people help yuh git through yuh yeyelash issues :lol:

That's what I LOVE about this thread...it's trly wan hand helping up deh next!

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.-Ok...my small wedding is spiraling out of control!! It started at 7 people then went to 12...now it's up to 25-30...THAT'S IT!!!! My family is out of control...mi cyan't invite dis wan widout invite dat wan...ray-tay tay! Lawd, mi cyan't tek hit! Mi jus wan fi married arready han figget bout dis yah wedding bizniz!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Thanks!

Ms. H;

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill;

Lawny...shut deh RASS hup bout dem twins deh!!! :lol: Of course Chica...yuh done knoa yuh cyan call mi hennytime...ah nuh nuttin' dat!

We help each other here...it's a family helping each other...trust mi it's not wan or two people help yuh git through yuh yeyelash issues :lol:

That's what I LOVE about this thread...it's trly wan hand helping up deh next!

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.-Ok...my small wedding is spiraling out of control!! It started at 7 people then went to 12...now it's up to 25-30...THAT'S IT!!!! My family is out of control...mi cyan't invite dis wan widout invite dat wan...ray-tay tay! Lawd, mi cyan't tek hit! Mi jus wan fi married arready han figget bout dis yah wedding bizniz!

Now, Gill...you're dealing with JAMAICANS what the hell did you think was going to happen. Mi wah know how u fi ave wedding wid 7 JAMAICANS in New York...my girl dat naw go wurk....lawd gaad...a wah poor Mr. Young afi seh...mi wah know. Anyways...good luck wid di planning. Mi no wah u fi end up a mad house and mi no ave no money fi bail you out a jail :rofl:

Love yah!.....TWINSSSSSSSSSSS "It's raining...Mr. Young is calling...im wah Gill undah imm.....lawd mek mi tap eeh" :rofl:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

I just wanted to say hi and to share this info that I found on travel zoo today and it is also on the American Airlines Website:

Special Offer from American Airlines: How HOT is this deal?

$59 -- Intro Fare: Jamaica from Florida*

Jamaica from Ft. Lauderdale

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: June 1 - Dec. 18

By Aaron Brown

Travelzoo Staff

No matter where you live, it's worth getting yourself down to Ft. Lauderdale to take advantage of this deal! American Airlines just announced new non-stop service to Kingston, Jamaica from Ft. Lauderdale. To celebrate, they're offering an unbelievable $59 each way intro special. That's one of the best fares we've ever seen on this route!

New service begins on June 1 and is valid for travel all the way through December 18. Just be sure to book by June 15.

Travelzoo Tip: The $59 special is widely available right now, even over holidays like July 4th, but we expect seats to go fast and recommend booking early.

Click here for full details and to book on AA.com. Use airport codes FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) and KIN (Kingston, Jamaica).

The taxes and fees are around $90 additional for a roundtrip ticket.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Hello

I just wanted to say hi and to share this info that I found on travel zoo today and it is also on the American Airlines Website:

Special Offer from American Airlines: How HOT is this deal?

$59 -- Intro Fare: Jamaica from Florida*

Jamaica from Ft. Lauderdale

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: June 1 - Dec. 18

By Aaron Brown

Travelzoo Staff

No matter where you live, it's worth getting yourself down to Ft. Lauderdale to take advantage of this deal! American Airlines just announced new non-stop service to Kingston, Jamaica from Ft. Lauderdale. To celebrate, they're offering an unbelievable $59 each way intro special. That's one of the best fares we've ever seen on this route!

New service begins on June 1 and is valid for travel all the way through December 18. Just be sure to book by June 15.

Travelzoo Tip: The $59 special is widely available right now, even over holidays like July 4th, but we expect seats to go fast and recommend booking early.

Click here for full details and to book on AA.com. Use airport codes FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) and KIN (Kingston, Jamaica).

The taxes and fees are around $90 additional for a roundtrip ticket.

Thanks , US Airways to cut free snacks on domestic routes

There goes the free food, I predict next the price of the airline ticket, will be based on how much you weight.

Paying for luggage,

No more free food

No more free cutomer service

If you speak to someone on the phone, you will be pay based on the number of words that are spoken

No more overhead luggage.

Extra for window seats

Extra for aisle seats I wonder what happens when everyone wants a middle seat?

No more pillows, covers

Pay to use the bathroom

Pay for movies, music (earphones)

Airline Stewarts must be tipped

Pay to change flight time/date

Please feel free to add to this list if you think I have miss something

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.