Jairo&Lisha

Scared & Nervous

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just want to share that I am a nervous reck, the k-1 visa interview is on march 5th and I will not be able to go because of work. I am so scared, what if he gets denied that will be so disappointing. I just hope that all the paperwork was done correctly and that nothing is missing.

Hey those of you who have gone through this already, how did you handle it? I am a little uncertain about the I-134. I sent my information but I also put my mother as the co-sponsor. Do you think that will be an issue?

I sent proof of our relationship. I sent pictures, flight tickets, letters, & hotel reservations. I hope it will be enough.

I think I am not going to get any sleep the night before. His interview is at 6am.

Need some encouragement please. Will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Hello everyone, I just want to share that I am a nervous reck, the k-1 visa interview is on march 5th and I will not be able to go because of work. I am so scared, what if he gets denied that will be so disappointing. I just hope that all the paperwork was done correctly and that nothing is missing.

Hey those of you who have gone through this already, how did you handle it? I am a little uncertain about the I-134. I sent my information but I also put my mother as the co-sponsor. Do you think that will be an issue?

I sent proof of our relationship. I sent pictures, flight tickets, letters, & hotel reservations. I hope it will be enough.

I think I am not going to get any sleep the night before. His interview is at 6am.

Thanks guys.

I went with my wife to her interview, and quite honestly the only thing I was able to do was to keep her calm. The Consul didn't allow me to answer any questions and more importantly didn't really ask me any. Just make sure he knows to be as respectful as possible and answer the questions confidently, and he should be fine :) Good luck!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks guys.

It sounds like you need to relax at least as much as he does, ha ha. Seriously, you've done everything you could, he has all of his paperwork. Just try to hang in there. I have heard it said that unless you are a criminal or attempting fraud, that most people get through the interview just fine. I'm sure he will, too! Try to relax, and think positive. Praying doesn't hurt, either, ha ha. I bet that soon you will both be celebrating...

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Thanks guys.

Please try not to worry. You definitely don't need to be over there with him. It sounds to me that you have plenty to prove that you have a bona fide relationship (I sent the exact same things as you did when I was working with my fiance on the K-1 Visa). He went through the interview in England this summer (we were just married in October) - and I never even thought to be there for it. My husband thought it wasn't very difficult or stressful. He said the interviewer was nice asked him some simple questions (how we met, etc. - which was already in the paperwork before him). He said it was a piece of cake.

I know that you have had a lot of stress gathering all the info and getting the paperwork together. Please don't stress out about this part. It will be fine and you will be together soon and all of this worry will be behind you.

Lisa

10/1/08 - Barry arrives in USA on K-1 Visa

10/24/08 - Married

12/21/07 AOS Package Mailed Off

12/24/07 AOS Package Received

12/29/07 - AOS Received

12/31/07 - Transferred to California Service Center

1/25/08 - Biometrics Appointment

2/14/08 - EAD Card Ordered

2/25/08 - EAD Received

2/26/08 - Greencard Ordered

3/3/08 - Greencard Sent out

3/5/08 - Greencard Received!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck for a successful interview. Your fiance will do just fine. Don't forget to post after the interview.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Good luck with the interview!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I won't be able to accompany my fiancee either but I know she will do fine. I just told her to be confidence and honest. Your SO will be fine. Good luck. :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.