BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hi guys!

I passed my driving test yesterday.....and successfully passed!!!! :dance::dance:

I cannot wait to have it.....more because I can use it as an ID, and I won't have to show my passeport everytime I go to the liquor store, or buy a drink!! :D

Congratulation PAm!!! :thumbs: And you re right it's nice to have finally an ID! Me at first I was using my huge french ID. Now I'm just using my expired Colorado learner's permit, it's better! How long will it take to receive the card?

You're so lucky! I'm still waiting for EAD. I really don't understand what take them so long. I got my AP in 70 days, I know that my AOS has been transfered succesfully to my local office, I didn't get any RFE or biometrics problems...so my EAD thing is a mystery. The worst is don't really care about AP or GC for now! I just need a job and mooooney!! I have an infopass appointment on Friday. I hope I'll get some answers!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Thank you so much, all of you guys. This has been very confusing and very difficult. I don't know what has happened and can only really speculate at this point. There is not much I can do but wait for some answer some day. Olga is not "flighty" or capricious, nor have I ever seen any action at all on her part that would lead me to think she is in any way manipulative. So a disapearance is bizarre and not like her. The fact is that she lives with her father and he is not at the apartment either, and hasn't been for weeks now.

I have more questions than answers, I do not understand anything. The children start school tomorrow in the Ukraine and if no one is at the apartment then I cannot help to think that she is gone and not coming back. But I don't know anything, like I said.

We all started this journey a year ago, and at no step of the way was this easy. I am so happy that everyone has been successful in at least getting together. My journey still has a ways to go, I'm thinking, and although I'm not sure how it is going to end, I know I'll keep moving. You give your spouses an extra hug tonight, cherish each of your moments. Love you all.

Blake

Blake, it's so nice to hear from you! I'm so sorry about what happened to you guys! I hope Olga is fine and she'll find a way to contact you soon! (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Congratulation PAm!!! :thumbs: And you re right it's nice to have finally an ID! Me at first I was using my huge french ID. Now I'm just using my expired Colorado learner's permit, it's better! How long will it take to receive the card?

You're so lucky! I'm still waiting for EAD. I really don't understand what take them so long. I got my AP in 70 days, I know that my AOS has been transfered succesfully to my local office, I didn't get any RFE or biometrics problems...so my EAD thing is a mystery. The worst is don't really care about AP or GC for now! I just need a job and mooooney!! I have an infopass appointment on Friday. I hope I'll get some answers!

Thank you all for your congratulations! :D And no Blake, I won't be dancing while driving! I still don't feel confident enough to be driving here at winter time, so I am only taking the wheels when the roads are dry, with no snow!! :whistle:

By the way, it is getting freaking cold here in Minnesota!! :wacko:

Oh Lucie! I am so sorry to see that you didn't receive you EAD card!! It is not fair seeing you filed before me, and still you are waiting for the most important paper!! :angry:

I am hoping that your info pass is going to move things along!!

They sais it should take 2 to 3 weeks to receive my DL! :dance:

Timeline
Thank you all for your congratulations! :D And no Blake, I won't be dancing while driving! I still don't feel confident enough to be driving here at winter time, so I am only taking the wheels when the roads are dry, with no snow!! :whistle:

Oh Lucie! I am so sorry to see that you didn't receive you EAD card!! It is not fair seeing you filed before me, and still you are waiting for the most important paper!! :angry:

Thanks for the good wishes Pam!

Indeed I heard that Minnesota winters were quite harsh! How do you go to work since you don't like driving in the winter? Do you carpool?

I'm lucky I'm in Colorado but it's always sunny and dry here in Fort Collins. We have the montains on the west side that blocks everything. Fort COllins is the most sunniest city in the US! even in front of Phoenix, Arizona! Yeah ayy! (but not the hottest place though, hehe)

While your waiting for your DL? Do you have a temporary paper that says that you passed the test? Was the test hard?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the good wishes Pam!

Indeed I heard that Minnesota winters were quite harsh! How do you go to work since you don't like driving in the winter? Do you carpool?

I'm lucky I'm in Colorado but it's always sunny and dry here in Fort Collins. We have the montains on the west side that blocks everything. Fort COllins is the most sunniest city in the US! even in front of Phoenix, Arizona! Yeah ayy! (but not the hottest place though, hehe)

Minnesota is supposed to get a -47 windchill today (yikes) I agree with the comments about Colorado. I lived in Boulder (actually sunnier than Ft. Collins :yes: ) for almost 20 years and the sun is so warm it can be below freezing and you feel comfortable in a t-shirt. Also, the snow doesn't really melt there as much as evaporate. I'm in Chicago now and it's below zero...... perhaps a move back to Colorado is called for.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline

Yes, winters are quite cold here, we're only 45 mns from the Canadian frontier.

It is not like it is my 1rst winter (3rd one), and I really enjoy having snow too, but this week, it is going until -25°C, so yes, especially if it is windy, you don't feel like going snowshoesing on your time off!! :whistle:

Fort Collins sounds nice to me right now!! It must be nice to be in a sunny place, it is good for your mood!! :) I read not long ago that Colorado is one of the best states to live in (average on income, education, hospitals,etc.)

About going to work, we're ok because we live on the work place! :P We're both working in the same resort, and luckily, they provide "employee housing"! It is just a studio, but it is cozy and cheap, so we just walk to work!!

About my DL, yes, I have a yellow paper with my info, and a side where the examinator is writting that you passed, with your fee paid, etc.

The test was easy for me. What made it easier was that I passed in a very small town, so, no surprises I knew the town.

He is first checking your signals (lights, horn, warning lights....), and then you drive. He made me drive around, and made me do the parking tests.I was a little worried on the parallel parking ("créneau"), but there were plenty of room for me!

My only mistake was when you park in a hill, you need to use your parking brake, and turn your wheel a certain way so your car don't end up in the middle of the street (in case your brake don't work), and I couldn't remenber, and turn my wheels in the wrong way! :whistle: but still he said I did ok!! :D

Timeline
Minnesota is supposed to get a -47 windchill today (yikes) I agree with the comments about Colorado. I lived in Boulder (actually sunnier than Ft. Collins :yes: ) for almost 20 years and the sun is so warm it can be below freezing and you feel comfortable in a t-shirt. Also, the snow doesn't really melt there as much as evaporate. I'm in Chicago now and it's below zero...... perhaps a move back to Colorado is called for.

-47 windchill?! I wouldn't like to be there right now! :o

I didn't know you lived in Colorado Blake! I love going to Boulder! especially for the food, they have lots of good mediteranean restaurants there! :P

I loooove food and cuisine and always judge a city according to their restaurants! lol

You should definatly thinking about moving back here! ; )

Timeline
Yes, winters are quite cold here, we're only 45 mns from the Canadian frontier.

It is not like it is my 1rst winter (3rd one), and I really enjoy having snow too, but this week, it is going until -25°C, so yes, especially if it is windy, you don't feel like going snowshoesing on your time off!! :whistle:

Fort Collins sounds nice to me right now!! It must be nice to be in a sunny place, it is good for your mood!! :) I read not long ago that Colorado is one of the best states to live in (average on income, education, hospitals,etc.)

About going to work, we're ok because we live on the work place! :P We're both working in the same resort, and luckily, they provide "employee housing"! It is just a studio, but it is cozy and cheap, so we just walk to work!!

About my DL, yes, I have a yellow paper with my info, and a side where the examinator is writting that you passed, with your fee paid, etc.

The test was easy for me. What made it easier was that I passed in a very small town, so, no surprises I knew the town.

He is first checking your signals (lights, horn, warning lights....), and then you drive. He made me drive around, and made me do the parking tests.I was a little worried on the parallel parking ("créneau"), but there were plenty of room for me!

My only mistake was when you park in a hill, you need to use your parking brake, and turn your wheel a certain way so your car don't end up in the middle of the street (in case your brake don't work), and I couldn't remenber, and turn my wheels in the wrong way! :whistle: but still he said I did ok!! :D

Oh my god! You're so lucky to live where you work ; )

You gave me an idea. When I'll have my EAD I'll ask the renting office of my residence if they have a job for me. The office is right in front of my building and maybe we'll get a cheaper rent! hehe!

Your exam seems pretty smooth! And the guy seemed nice!

I read some horrible stories here on VJ about people who kept failing their exam in the US because they had stupid examinator! Plus it was people who'd been driving for many years in their country. One guy failed right at the beginning of the test because he had a tiny crack on the front windshield, he didn't even noticed! :huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, I got NOA1 on December 23rd, so I'm almost January, I am at California. First of all, When I started comming on here, I read alot that Vermont was SLOWER than California? Is that not true? Second, where is this California service center thread? Or January filers thread? And how do I find iggors list and what is it??? Sorry, but I'm new and I dont know a thing yet! PLZ reply!!!!

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline
Ok, I got NOA1 on December 23rd, so I'm almost January, I am at California. First of all, When I started comming on here, I read alot that Vermont was SLOWER than California? Is that not true? Second, where is this California service center thread? Or January filers thread? And how do I find iggors list and what is it??? Sorry, but I'm new and I dont know a thing yet! PLZ reply!!!!

Hey!

Welcome on VJ!

The thing between Vermont and California is different from time to time. This the January thread of last year! ^_^

Last year in Vermont people got approved in 60 days whereas in California in 6months. But things change...

You can find Igor's list under "immigration Timelines" right above "K1 visa holders"! Hope you'll find it!

Good Luck!

Thank you so much, all of you guys. This has been very confusing and very difficult. I don't know what has happened and can only really speculate at this point. There is not much I can do but wait for some answer some day. Olga is not "flighty" or capricious, nor have I ever seen any action at all on her part that would lead me to think she is in any way manipulative. So a disapearance is bizarre and not like her. The fact is that she lives with her father and he is not at the apartment either, and hasn't been for weeks now.

It is good to see you here again Blake but at the same time I feel much sadness for you :( I wish it would have gone different for you, and like you said, we can only speculate at this time.. I really hope your questions will be answered soon!

I passed my driving test yesterday.....and successfully passed!!!! :dance::dance:

I cannot wait to have it.....more because I can use it as an ID, and I won't have to show my passeport everytime I go to the liquor store, or buy a drink!! :D

Feels great, doesn't it? :D Congratulations :D

Best thing I got with my DL is that I get cheaper, or even free, into things for which tourist have to pay hehe xD

Still I think it is weird that they make it so hard for you guys to get a DL :/

wow! when u get ur permit? did dmv questioned ur I-94? i just got home frm dmv to get a permit but they said they need an unexpired i.d. frm the ins.. my i-94 expired december last yr and they cant accept it they said, i need either a work permit or green card. (thats unexpired) :wacko:

Can you imagine that all I needed was my SSN and passport? ..I seriously don't know why they're so easy in one state and so hard in another. :S

Minnesota is supposed to get a -47 windchill today (yikes)

hmm.. lol.. I cannot imagine how cold that must be.. I am seriously chilly, towards being cold, here when it is 70 to 75 :wacko: and that is at night lol

Welcome :D

You're the first CSC January filer that I see on VJ, now you win a prize... Blake will hand it to you :D

j/k of course ;)

then again, you're a December filer :S lol, oh well, doesn't matter xD

Anyways, like said, last year CSC was a LOT slower than VSC... we took 6 months while they took about 60 days :S ..apparently that is the other way around now but I think you can never be sure.. for example, whenever VSC is getting more busy, they send their applications to CSC, making it more busy at CSC..

Igor's list can be found here: http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/default.aspx but keep in mind it is only a tool, it does not reflect the real world as it is only build up by visajourney members (so sometimes you dont see any approvals there at all while there are sure approvals irl). Either way, it can give you an idea of how fast it should go.. as soon as you are less than number 100, then you will see that it goes very quick until you are approved :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

BLAKE: Good to hear from you. I wish it were under happier circumstances, but it's clear you have a strong mind and determined heart. I send you strength and patience, and most of all, a big hug. (F)(L)(F) It's great to see your encouraging posts popping up around here once again!

As far as a license here in Washington, all Greivin needed to get his permit was his passport with an I-94. In addition, WA wants a fat stack of papers proving who you are and where you live (i.e. proof of insurance, utility bill in your name, and/or a phonebook with your name and address printed in it.) Needless to say, Greivin had none of these things in the beginning, so we had to wait a while to get evidence together, but once we did, there was no problem getting the driving permit. No EAD needed.

Speaking of EAD's... WE STILL DON'T HAVE IT! :bonk: GRRRRRRR :angry: :angry: We have zero touches on the EAD since the day of Biometrics. Nothing has been sent to our local office. The AP isn't showing up online so nothing is happening with that either. I called USCIS on Monday to check status and was told we can go ahead and submit a Service Request since we are approaching the three month Processing Time limit. Unfortunately the nice guy who was willing to help informed me that the system was down for "repair" and we couldn't do the service request at that moment. I am calling back tomorrow to see if another helpful person will be so accommodating.

My job search continues... month number 7 of trying to find something decent. I'm working in a lame restaurant and retail at night just to pay the bills. The economy sure isn't helping either. You'd think someone with two bachelor's degrees and almost a master's could find work. Not in Seattle... :angry:

We're squeaking by, and as others have put it, maybe this early starting out time is good for building strength in a relationship. I mean, just in case us VJ'ers haven't been subjected to enough... seriously, I think we're strong enough by now! hehe

Hope everyone else's cases are moving right along. Stay warm you -45 degree folks, that's just nutso. I will take rain 300 days a year anytime!

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Timeline

I read that the discovery health national challenge (or whatever it is called) gives free memberships at a gym for a month. So I went on the website to sign up because it would definitely be good to do some kind of exercise... and apparently you can only subscribe if you are a US Citizen!!! :angry:

I can understand that some jobs are only for US citizens, national security and all that, but seriously, why shouldn't we be able to get that free membership?!

Welcome ABENITEZ!

We are the January filers of last year, there doesn't seem to be a new one this year. But you are all welcome in this thread :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
I read that the discovery health national challenge (or whatever it is called) gives free memberships at a gym for a month. So I went on the website to sign up because it would definitely be good to do some kind of exercise... and apparently you can only subscribe if you are a US Citizen!!! :angry:

I can understand that some jobs are only for US citizens, national security and all that, but seriously, why shouldn't we be able to get that free membership?!

I said that to Bryan and he told me: "maybe you can lie and say you're a citizen if they ask, they won't find out". Which I am definitely NOT going to do! But I'm curious, would that be a federal offense to say I'm a US citizen just to get a free membership?

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

I said that to Bryan and he told me: "maybe you can lie and say you're a citizen if they ask, they won't find out". Which I am definitely NOT going to do! But I'm curious, would that be a federal offense to say I'm a US citizen just to get a free membership?

It's so unfair! I don't see what the point to have the citizenship for a gym!

I think it's an offense! You can't do that. I bet if you suscribe they'll ask your american passeport number or sth like that...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.