ischia

Interview today and need more financial documents

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Today my fiancee had her interview and after lots of questions and verifications of our relationship with a few trick questions, she was told to return next week to provide them with more fiancial evidence eg. Bank account statements, work letter and any properties that can be considered for income level. They kept her passport, evidence of relationship and photo album and encouraged her to get the required documets quickly so they can process the visa petion quicker...Basicaly congratulations if you provide enough income and sorry if you dont! In 2007 tax returns I met the minimum required income but the previous year I did not. I worked part-time so my earned salary was below the minimum required. However, I included a co-sponser who has an income in the

six digits, included tax returns and transcripts for the co-sponser at the interview. Consular officer noted that my assets and income is calculated and not my co-sponser as his is not the one marring her! So what I want to know is this; I have about $45,000 cash in CD and savings but no real estate. I can furnish a letter of employment as of the begining of this fiscal year I am back to full-time status and have a better salary. Would this be sufficent or should I look around for other assets (car, jewerly etc.)....What should I do as I am very nervous as it seems the only thing holding up this visa approval is this economic issue....

I-129F NOA1 : 7/9/07

I-129F RFE : 7/13/07

Touched : 7/14/07

Touched : 7/16/07

Touched : 7/17/07

RFE Response Mailed to CSC : 7/31/07

Touched : 8/8/07 CSC Update (RFE received and case is resumed)

Touched : 8/9/07

Touched : 8/10/07

Touched : 8/20/07

Approved: 8/20/07

NVC Recieved Approved Case: 9/17/07

NVC Mailed Approved Case to Consulate: 10/28/07

Packet Picked-up from consulate 11/10/07

Interview date : Feb 25. 2008

Visa Approved: March 3, 2008

Visa Picked-up: March 4, 2008

Cuban Exit Visa Pick-up April 7, 2008

3744.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What were the trick questions?

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: Timeline

Do I understand you right, that you meet the current income requirements? If this is the case, why are you using a co-sponsor? Will your current employer provide a letter that states an income that meets or exceeds the income requirements?

What *exactly* is the consulate looking for? Certainly they didn't just say "give us more income documents." What did you not provide that they are looking for?

Timeline
Do I understand you right, that you meet the current income requirements? If this is the case, why are you using a co-sponsor? Will your current employer provide a letter that states an income that meets or exceeds the income requirements?

What *exactly* is the consulate looking for? Certainly they didn't just say "give us more income documents." What did you not provide that they are looking for?

They want proof of bank accounts, property and other assets...2007 salary met the minimum requirement but the past year I was only part-time and that is why I have a co-sponser. I guess they want to see proof of any asset to establish that my fiancee would not become a public charge for the state.

Edited by ischia

3744.gif

Filed: Timeline

They want proof of bank accounts, property and other assets...2007 salary met the minimum requirement but the past year I was only part-time and that is why I have a co-sponser. I guess they want to see proof of any asset to establish that my fiancee would not become a public charge for the state.

Well wait a second. Unless the Swiss consulate handles things differently (entirely possible I suppose), then if your income meets the requirements they would not be asking about other assets. If they are asking for other assets then either your income does not meet the requirements, or they do not believe your income meets the requirements. It doesn't matter how much you made in the past, only what you are making right now. Have they stated that your income does not meet the requirements? I'm just having a hard time understanding why the need for additional assets.

Edited by mox

Timeline

Well wait a second. Unless the Swiss consulate handles things differently (entirely possible I suppose), then if your income meets the requirements they would not be asking about other assets. If they are asking for other assets then either your income does not meet the requirements, or they do not believe your income meets the requirements. It doesn't matter how much you made in the past, only what you are making right now. Have they stated that your income does not meet the requirements? I'm just having a hard time understanding why the need for additional assets.

I don't either!

3744.gif

If you meet the income requirements for 2007 they would not ask you for asset data as back-up. To my understanding, they are more concerned about income rather than assets to show that you can actually support your fiancee when she joins you. I'm confused what is going on? :unsure::huh:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Timeline

I am getting some bank letters and job verification letter and last 2 paycheck stubs..What else do you think could help me more to state my case?

3744.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Are you borderline and do you meet the 125% of the NEW 2008 guidlines ?

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Sorry, don't mean to subside this thread, but I see you mention something about 2008 new poverty support o.O///???

what is the new poverty support for 2008 k-1 visa?

For 2 person (which is me and my fiancee only)

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.