j&js

Irish in the US

237 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Counting down the days now Collen for our little bundle to make an appearance! Nervous and excited, but probably more excited to be honest!!

Gavin got there yesterday didn't he? I can only imagine that you're either off work or completely useless to them today ;) Say HI to the new Irish man in the U.S. and hopefully AOS goes smoothly for ye....but concentrate on each other for now and forget all the paperwork malarky for a bit :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Counting down the days now Collen for our little bundle to make an appearance! Nervous and excited, but probably more excited to be honest!!

Gavin got there yesterday didn't he? I can only imagine that you're either off work or completely useless to them today ;) Say HI to the new Irish man in the U.S. and hopefully AOS goes smoothly for ye....but concentrate on each other for now and forget all the paperwork malarky for a bit :)

Hey there,

Not long left now. Very exciting!!!! You and your hubby will make great parents. I cant wait myself until myself and my wife have kids.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am back to work :angry:

I am so glad that he is here. I have to keep pinching myself so that I know I am not dreaming. I am so happy to have him here with me. I gave myself a week of NO paperwork( I figured I deserved that much). Now it is back to the drama! At least we can go through it together!

You must be so happy about the baby's arrival-hope all goes well & you have the smoothest delivery ever ;)

Colleen

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Had alot going on lately and havent been around too much. I hope everyone is doing well. Colleen, I am so happy for you and Gavin. I am sure your over the moon now that he is home. Congrats again! Has anyone heard any news on Mand and the baby?

Congrats on the Ead and new job Donal.....tho its really not new anymore...LOL.

Hows things in Charlotte, Josh and Denise? Weather has been great but now winter seems like it might finally start coming on.

Anyways, had a few moments and wanted to see how everyone is doing. I hope your all well. Take good care!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline

Hey Sherry,

All is well in Charlotte. Denise and I are moving to a new apartment close to the airport on Jan 5th so we're looking forward to that. Denise got a new job this week so she's happy, especially since the new apartment will be a 5 minute drive from where she is working (as oppossed to her hour commute each way now).

Speaking of driving, I bought a new Toyota Camry 2.4L two weeks back (which also means I finally have a good credit history in the US!!) , so I have just been driving about 24/7! We took the new car to Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving and loved it there. I have friends visiting at the start of Feb, so I'll bring them there and probably into the mountains too. My mom was here in Oct and we drove the Blue Ridge Parkway as the leaves were turning, which was incredible, so I may bring my friends there as well (although I am sure the trees will be a little barer in Feb than they were in Oct!).

As you said, the winter is here, but it is still not too bad. I went to get our mail today in t-shirt and shorts, but have been getting mails from friends in Ireland for weeks now about how cold and wet and generally yucky the weather is there, so I think I can live with a few cold nights in NC!

No word from Mand at all....hope she gives us an update soon. What news with you?

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

Timeline

Hi everyone

Well, we are the proud parents of a baby girl!!! She was born Nov 24th and we called her Sinéad :) She was born at 12:46 midday by emergency c-section and weighed 8lbs 5ozs. She's the image of Rob and we love her...now if only we could get her to sleep!! She's so curious that she fights sleep so she can look aroundat what's going on and ends up tiring herself out, but she's a gem and we love her to bits.

We had to send on an e-mail to all our family and friends in the U.S. with a "how-to-pronounce" her name!! Ooops, gotta run I hear herself calling....

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

Sinead is a beautiful name!

Glad to hear you are all doing well.............I am so happy for you.

Timeline

Congrats Rob and Mand!!!!!! :dance:

Excellent news indeed! Bet Sinéad already has a Cork accent!

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

Timeline

one of the buyers here at my work is named "Sinead" and she is from Cork......................what a small world :D

Timeline

Big congrats mandy. Your baby is very cute. Ye will make great parents.

Things are all well here, just a week to go until we fligh home to ireland for xmas. First time in almost 9 months that we will be seeing my family. I have other exciting news but all will be revealed next Wednesday/Thursday.

Colleen congrats on gavin coming over. Tip file as soon as you get married. It saves alot of time and effort and most importantly money.

Timeline

Congrats Mandy! Awwwwww, Sinead is just beautiful what a lovely pic! Congrats again I am sure your so proud! If you get a chance to post, I know how tired you must be with a wee one needing your attention, keep us updated with pics!

Hi Josh, congrats on the new car! I just bought one myself last friday. We opted for a Jeep Grand Cherokee, its not brand spanking new, but close enough. I like SUV's and Niall liked the Jeep. I like the roomy feel of it and we will travel to see his brother and sis-in-law, they are in New York. I have 1 child and hopefully (GOD willing) we will have more, so the bigger car works, and I am just not ready to be a mini-van mom! LOL. I know what you mean about the shorts getting the mail. The weather has been mad here lately. Cold one day and nice and warm the next. I hope that your enjoying Charlotte, as much as I can complain about NC, it does have some pretty good qualities as well. Good to hear things are going good with you and Denise. Stay safe on the roads and congrats again on your new car!

Colleen I was going to mention a few movie jobs for you to let Gavin know about, I didnt realize that he was in the business until recently. Very cool, anyways, I have a few websites for you to look at if he doesnt already know about them. Feel free to email or message me and I will get them onto you if he wants to continue acting.

Donal, I am so anxiously waiting to know your news. I have been busy speculating LOL! I hope I am right! Good to hear your doing well also, have a wonderful visit with your family and safe journey!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline
Big congrats mandy. Your baby is very cute. Ye will make great parents.

Things are all well here, just a week to go until we fligh home to ireland for xmas. First time in almost 9 months that we will be seeing my family. I have other exciting news but all will be revealed next Wednesday/Thursday.

Colleen congrats on gavin coming over. Tip file as soon as you get married. It saves alot of time and effort and most importantly money.

thanks for the advice-can't wait to hear your news next week.

Hope you have a great time in Ireland!!! My cousin is flying home(Dublin) on the 19th-she hasn't been home in over a year!

Timeline

The news is *** I start a new job in jan 2nd in a law firm here in boston. The job is alot more hands-on and challanging than my current job***

Hope everyone has a great christmas.

Timeline

That is wonderful news Donal, though to be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of a wee one...LOL. I am so happy for you, Congrats and good luck with the new job! Merry Christmas to you too and have a great trip home.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Timeline
The news is *** I start a new job in jan 2nd in a law firm here in boston. The job is alot more hands-on and challanging than my current job***

Hope everyone has a great christmas.

congrats on the job!!!!!!!!!!

Merry christmas everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.