Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

:wow: GOT MY NVC CASE NUMBER AWHILE AGO...whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!! few more procedure ,,,, :dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-42479-1213721675_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs. hooks32

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Congratulations!!!

We just got our interview date - July 11th :) THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

To be clear, my object is to the those not deployed and not deploying.

For the record, I am in the military, and while our K-1 was gathering dust at CSC, I had a deployment looming over my head. I attempted an expedite and it was approved, allowing my fiancee to be here and learn her way around before I left for Iraq. I just got back in late January. I know exactly what you all are going through with spouses going on deployment.

Military expedite seems to be a "grey area" on the USCIS expedite criteria, as none of the options actually apply to it.

I even made a thread about it back then, as I was one of the few on VJ who had applied for a military expedite.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=43385&hl=

Everyone in the military knows the stresses and hardships, but we all signed up for this. We are trained to deal with stress. I lived in a tin shed for 194 days in a dangerous area north of Baghdad.

I just think that filing an expedite when there is no deployment is a disservice to those who are deploying. That's all. I don't mean to start a fire in this support thread.

21FUNNY.gif

I have to agree with Matt about military expedites.

To all of you who are complaining that you cannot be with a loved one sooner because an expedite does not apply to your situation - deal with, suck it up and move forward with life.

You fell in love with soldier, not matter what service he is, it his job to be away from you. You cannot change that. So deal with it!! I am a USAF wife and I have dealt with it. My husband hasn't been delpoyed and will soon be getting out as there are so many wonderful opportunites in the real world. We have spent some time apart. And my husband even missed the birth of our first child because we didn't know the exact day he was to be born and he couldn't get leave right away. He has missed a total of3 months of the 18 months of our son's life because I had to leave the US after 90 days. And he wasn't even deployed and he still missed a lot.

Yes it was difficult but deal with it. You will soon see him again. Sorry, if I sound harsh but you chose this life, so accept it or move onto the next guy.

Edited by hollywood79

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

:wow: GOT MY NVC CASE NUMBER AWHILE AGO...whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!!!! few more procedure ,,,, :dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

WOW CONGRATS MHEDS!!!!

ur almost done :):dance:

thANKS BEX AND RUBY FEW MORE STEPS AND I HOPE WE WILL BE DONE BY THIS YEAR...CANT WAIT TILL I CAN SEE HUBBY SOON.. :dance: :dance: :dance:

post-42479-1213771436_thumb.jpg

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Yes it was difficult but deal with it. You will soon see him again. Sorry, if I sound harsh but you chose this life, so accept it or move onto the next guy.

Move onto the next guy ... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? Thank you for your opinions, they make me glad I am here to help people who are struggling with better advice than ... Suck it up!

Everyone on this site is complaining that they cannot be with their loved ones sooner. The nature of love is that we strive to be close. We want to share our lives. No one on this thread is complaining that expedites don't apply to their situation. In fact quite the opposite...the expedite does in many cases apply to their situations. If you want to disagree with that you are very entitled to but it doesn't change the expedite process nor the rules that govern it. That is fact.

I don't know your situation nor many others on here but I know that I did not choose to fall in love with Alan. When my heart fluttered and I got butterflies in my stomach I wasn't thinking - oh is this man a practical life partner for me? "Sorry babe hold that thought whilst I just weigh up the pros and cons of us falling in love before I let myself be happy."

Your story sounds very sad. A father should not have to miss any of a child’s life. Alan was serving in a war zone when his son was born, he didn't know if they would ever get to be together, if he would come home on a plane safe with his comrades or in a body bag. He spent a year with a single picture in his pocket, not seeing his son grow and all the magical stages of development that come with it and his some heard his voice if once a month, over a crackling phone line for 30 seconds. Sadly Alan’s relationship with his son’s mother broke down over this period, as many relationships due when they are put under such intense pressure. Even when he returned to the US his Army schedule meant that he could not take his son even for a night. You know what ... he sucked it up, he dealt with it, he accepted that its life and he got on with it. I'm sure your husband will too and you will be together soon.

Please don't come into a support thread and be negative, we are not hurting anyone here. We just want to share information and advice. We don't come into the other threads talking about it there and we are not throwing it in anyone’s faces. People seem to think that expedites are like cheating on a video game, it is not that simple!!! If people are approved for an expedite that means that they have very serious problems. Possibly much bigger than either you or I can comprehend. USCIS will be the only people to make a decision on it in the end, not me, not Ruby or Matt or Sarah Jayne or you. If people feel they are in a situation that they can't handle then I will thank my lucky stars that I can handle my own situation and then I will help them find a way to deal with theirs.

I hope that everyone is well today.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

To all of you who are complaining that you cannot be with a loved one sooner because an expedite does not apply to your situation - deal with, suck it up and move forward with life.

You fell in love with soldier, not matter what service he is, it his job to be away from you. You cannot change that. So deal with it!! I am a USAF wife and I have dealt with it. My husband hasn't been delpoyed and will soon be getting out as there are so many wonderful opportunites in the real world. We have spent some time apart. And my husband even missed the birth of our first child because we didn't know the exact day he was to be born and he couldn't get leave right away. He has missed a total of3 months of the 18 months of our son's life because I had to leave the US after 90 days. And he wasn't even deployed and he still missed a lot.

Thank you for your opinions. But I don't think any of us is unable to deal with the stress. Everyone here is trying to deal with all the difficulties that come with the military life and deployment. I, personally, married to a Marine reservist, who joined USMC right after 911. Yes, he wanted to do something for his country and he did. Signing up to be a reservist, he has been on active duty for almost 5 years and been deployed 4 times (3 times in Iraq). During his military life, he has always being getting deployed, being deployed, and just returned from deployment. Yes, when I met him, he was already in the military. He had a great civilion job, but the military life has impeded his civilian life. I hated it when he had to leave. I complained when talking with my friends. However, this doesn't mean that I don't deal with whatever that comes in my life. From talking to some Maine wives, I know that all of us hate this. I mean who wouldn't? That's why most people are not getting re-enlisted. Military expedite is the least the government can do for us. And all the foreign military spouses should try this route. After all, they decide whether to prove it our not.

Complain about it when feeling mistreated. And of course, we still move on and deal with all the difficulties. In this little corner, we support each other. Being supportive is the least we can do.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

11/17/2005 Got married in West Lafayette, Indiana

04/09/2008 Filed I-130 (DCF) Received Packet 3

04/14/2008 Received Packet 4 & did medical

04/18/2008 Interview (morning)

04/18/2008 Received IR1 (afternoon)

04/20/2008 POE-received I-551 stamp

04/28/2008 Hubbie's 3rd deployment to Iraq

05/14/2008 Received physical Green Card

04/19/2011 N400 Sent to NSC

04/27/2011 Check cashed

04/30/2011 NOA received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hey Ruby_Jade...

Let's not even go there and get mad at anyone. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. No need to turn it into an argument or debate. That's not what VJ is about and it's not necessary.

It's so funny to me how some folks can think though....when word gets out about the new faster NVC process I wonder how many people are going to be upset that the people here at VJ knew about it and were/are getting "case complete" in weeks rather than months when the NVC hasn't officially launched it yet.

You'll probably hear crys from people saying that it's not fair.

That's just how people are.....and it's sad really. We should try to be happy for each other.

ok i got a little carried away because of what he said,,,

I'm curious how these commanders, who are signing off on these "military" expedites, are wording these papers to reflect that reuniting loved ones is a national interest.

my DH just got a letter to expedite our case from his CO in IRAQ !!!

this is suppose to be a US military spouse thread i dunno why he needs to butt in unless he's gay.. LOL

ok im just joking!!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Hahaha... ruby... you are funny... lmao!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline
Congratulations!!!

Bex xxx

Congrats Bex and Melody!!! I just got the confirmation email of my ds3032 from NVC today and my AOS is paid!!! yeah!!! I love good news, keep going keep going GIVE ALL OF US MORE LUCKS!!! :star::star::star:

Best Wishes

Ling

Timeline

Thank you for your opinions. But I don't think any of us is unable to deal with the stress. Everyone here is trying to deal with all the difficulties that come with the military life and deployment. I, personally, married to a Marine reservist, who joined USMC right after 911. Yes, he wanted to do something for his country and he did. Signing up to be a reservist, he has been on active duty for almost 5 years and been deployed 4 times (3 times in Iraq). During his military life, he has always being getting deployed, being deployed, and just returned from deployment. Yes, when I met him, he was already in the military. He had a great civilion job, but the military life has impeded his civilian life. I hated it when he had to leave. I complained when talking with my friends. However, this doesn't mean that I don't deal with whatever that comes in my life. From talking to some Maine wives, I know that all of us hate this. I mean who wouldn't? That's why most people are not getting re-enlisted. Military expedite is the least the government can do for us. And all the foreign military spouses should try this route. After all, they decide whether to prove it our not.

Complain about it when feeling mistreated. And of course, we still move on and deal with all the difficulties. In this little corner, we support each other. Being supportive is the least we can do.

Marinebabe, I cannot agree more on what you said!!! Well, I've been watching here for a while and people starting to against our military spouses request for the expedite, and up till now, I think some of them go really too fast!!! Those who said the expedite for military spouses are wrong... well, i don't believe if you are in a same position as we are in, you wouldn't request for that!!! So what is wrong??? If you're in a same situation like we do which maybe wouldn't get to see our love ones anymore, I will personally try my best to HELP expedite all your cases...

Anyway, we are supporting our soldiers and our military spouses, we are helped, we are thankful and we would like to be helpful, so any military spouses have any problems with the expedite PM or leave us msgs here, we will try our best to help out...

All lucks to all of us and God bless U.S. Military :star::star::star:

I just think that filing an expedite when there is no deployment is a disservice to those who are deploying. That's all. I don't mean to start a fire in this support thread.

I do not see at all how filing for an expedite in between deployments, but without actual orders yet, is doing any disservice to soldiers who are deploying. Should people in case of imminent deployment be allowed expedites? Absolutely, and in my opinion with total priority (which is happening, and which the soldier can also help along by working via a Senator, since that seems to go faster).

Does this mean that soldiers on active duty not having orders for deployment yet cannot file? Not at all! A few recent cases (ours included) show that it is indeed possible to do it and get an approval. I would say this is a great evolution, since it means soldiers do not have to wait anymore until right before deployment, and can be with their spouse during the precious time they are home between deployments. Maybe this is a recent development and it was not possible a few years ago (I cannot verify that), but that does not mean that soldiers now filing for such expedites - accepted by USCIS in some cases we have seen - mean any disservice to other soldiers!

Furthermore, mentioning these expedites has nothing to do with whining about a situation, that we are meant to "suck up". My husband has been deployed several times, to Iraq and Afghanistan, and until today I have never "whined" about it.

The expedites are however, as Sarah first mentioned, not impossible and other people in the same situation have the right to be informed, so they might benefit too. How this comes down to whining about a situation is beyond me. And this is frankly the last I have to say about this.

For the rest, I hope you are well, ladies. Very exciting you got the interview date, Bex! Won`t be long now! I will be emailing the DS3032 today, Ling. Have a good day all!

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Congratulations!!!

Bex xxx

Yay...Bex...You are getting there (\^o^/). Start packing!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

11/17/2005 Got married in West Lafayette, Indiana

04/09/2008 Filed I-130 (DCF) Received Packet 3

04/14/2008 Received Packet 4 & did medical

04/18/2008 Interview (morning)

04/18/2008 Received IR1 (afternoon)

04/20/2008 POE-received I-551 stamp

04/28/2008 Hubbie's 3rd deployment to Iraq

05/14/2008 Received physical Green Card

04/19/2011 N400 Sent to NSC

04/27/2011 Check cashed

04/30/2011 NOA received

you nailed it marine babe!!! :thumbs:

Hey Ruby_Jade...

Let's not even go there and get mad at anyone. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. No need to turn it into an argument or debate. That's not what VJ is about and it's not necessary.

It's so funny to me how some folks can think though....when word gets out about the new faster NVC process I wonder how many people are going to be upset that the people here at VJ knew about it and were/are getting "case complete" in weeks rather than months when the NVC hasn't officially launched it yet.

You'll probably hear crys from people saying that it's not fair.

That's just how people are.....and it's sad really. We should try to be happy for each other.

ok i got a little carried away because of what he said,,,

I'm curious how these commanders, who are signing off on these "military" expedites, are wording these papers to reflect that reuniting loved ones is a national interest.

my DH just got a letter to expedite our case from his CO in IRAQ !!!

this is suppose to be a US military spouse thread i dunno why he needs to butt in unless he's gay.. LOL

ok im just joking!!! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Hahaha... ruby... you are funny... lmao!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

YAY its nice that i can make someone smile, isnt it wonderful if we will just support each other while dealing with our visa, deployments, military life etc. blah blah blah....

i have so much more to complain but i choose not to, its better if i will just count my blessings

like in the next month DH will have his R&R and finally see our 18 month old son and im about to send our I-130.. yeheyyyyyyyyyyyy :dance::dance::dance:

i will stick to my man no matter what happens, military life is not new to me my father is a retired military man so i know what im getting into when i married him...

Edited by ruby_jade

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.