rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

More good news...Auckland has the electronic file :dance:

And DHL is shipping here....woohooo... :star:

wooo hooo!! :dancing: I see on your timeline your interview is Feb 2nd!! Just under 3 weeks to go!!! yay!!! soo very happy for you!! :)

And three days until yours! You have to let me know what that is like...makes me come over all nervous at the thought of it!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

question

how do we get the medicals BEFORE pck three arrives. We are sending off the pck three forms we received in the email

BUT soooooooo confused

rips out hair

Cd...things going good for you I see WOO HOO!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

And three days until yours! You have to let me know what that is like...makes me come over all nervous at the thought of it!

yes and i just learned tonight that on Friday there is the 'big day out' music festival on at mt smart. usually over 30,000 people go to it. I realise its not in the city but just not sure how busy the traffic is going to be from all sides of the city that day. I plan to leave VERY early just to be on the safe side :yes:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

yes and i just learned tonight that on Friday there is the 'big day out' music festival on at mt smart. usually over 30,000 people go to it. I realise its not in the city but just not sure how busy the traffic is going to be from all sides of the city that day. I plan to leave VERY early just to be on the safe side :yes:

Oh the Big Day Out of It. (That's what we call it at work...Ambulance) The Motorway North and South around MtWell off ramp might be backed up, what time is your interview? They don't get too nuts until the middle of the day, and we set up at about 0600 to avoid it all.

Edited: The gates open at 11:00

Edited by cdneh

question

how do we get the medicals BEFORE pck three arrives. We are sending off the pck three forms we received in the email

BUT soooooooo confused

rips out hair

Cd...things going good for you I see WOO HOO!

I was able to book the medical, and get packet three sent out on the basis of having the NVC number. The embassy info for NZ shows a list of Dr's, there may be one for AU?

There is info...look in here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Sydney

Edited by cdneh

Oh the Big Day Out of It. (That's what we call it at work...Ambulance) The Motorway North and South around MtWell off ramp might be backed up, what time is your interview? They don't get too nuts until the middle of the day, and we set up at about 0600 to avoid it all.

Edited: The gates open at 11:00

:lol:

interviews at 9. The motorway is usually CROWDED early because of city commuters. I live a good hours drive away from the city, so plan to leave here after 6am. I know i won't be able to sleep properly on thursday night due to nerves anyway :)

ROC

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
kimandruss: Would you know if verizon has prepaid phones at all? I'd really love to get a mobile phone asap when i arrive there but would prefer prepaid, so you can pay as you use kinda thing

Yes, they do have prepaid cards. I'm not sure if all phones are created equally as far as calling overseas though. The verizon people told me it would not work... :whistle: so it's possible they don't even know. I know Verizon owns vodaphone (or the other way around) so I guess that's why our phones worked.... all 4 I might add.

Kai, I don't know how it works in AUS. All I know is that Dr. Stone in NZ only wanted Russell's A# or new case number to schedule the medical. Our approved petition hadn't even been sent from NVC yet when he went.

Ana, getting closer! Good luck!

cdneh, I know you're on cloud 9 now... time is going to fly! :) :) :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

i have verizion, my fiance has a vodafone, he also has a verizion phone he took to nz...i text the verizion , then i dont pay for the sent message..but do for him to

recieve it..he textes back on his vodafone...but when i call the verizion number.. it comes up with a 027 number..telicom number..the verizion phone does work there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

yes kim.. it does make me feel better... and compared to your story..lol..and money spent , i'll be quiet...thank you for that...ohh an btw i'm 45 and he's 36...hehe

and your right... we are just getting better....

in other news: we formally announced our engagement on new year's day, my parents were pretty much in the dark about our relationship/history (or so i thought - turns out they had a pretty good idea, which i think kim had already advised me of...

I'll tell you what I tell my kids... always listen to the mama! :lol: We just know things. ;) It's great to see you back Justine!!! Hard to believe it's been sooooo long since you even began to contemplate what you were going to do. I know you've made the choice to return home but in all honesty, I believe you would be just fine marrying and adjusting status while here in the States.

cdneh... woohoo.gif and that's all I have to say about that!

Congratulations Lisa and Tim!

know that around February/ March every year the two major airlines Qantas and Air New Zealand have specials on their air fares

don't forget to check air tahiti nui ;)

ivanna, they don't care about his income...they care about his ability and desire to work once he's here. ;) Have him bring a resume/CV to the interview.

Also, let me just share this with you...perhaps it would make you feel better. :lol: Russell left his job in AUS (a job where he made well over 6 figures) in 2006 to come to the U.S. just so we could be together. I was separated, but still legally married. My ex, who i'm still friendly with, gave me a difficult time in getting the divorce papers signed. Anyway, we (Russell and I) spent our entire savings (we're talking in the tens and tens of thousands of dollars) travelling around the world and leaving the U.S. every 3 months for a weekend abroad just so that we could be together. We were also blind to the process and just assumed we could be together then marry when I was 'eligible'. Ummm Duh! :lol: My ex continued to hold off and ...on one fateful journey to Dublin to meet the VWP guidelines... my love was denied entry and returned to NZ. Me... still married! Grrrrrrrrr. Needless to say, after spending more than a couple of years living together and travelling the world, we were forced to wait apart for one year... we had to wait for my divorce to become final (which in the end I had to hire a lawyer for) and then the months it took for this process. Now, I consider myself a relatively intelligent person but you certainly wouldn't be able to tell after the mess we found ourselves in. Russell (this man w ho worked so hard for his master's degree and left a great job) has now not worked in his field in almost 3 years. Savings depleted and debt rising to more than it was when I was in my early 20's. So when you add up the 75,000 or so in travel, that times 6 or so in lost wages and all the misery and stress it has caused ....yeah :) ..... feel better? :lol:

Nice to see so many posts here this weekend! Oh, and i'm 39...Russell is 30... but i'm not getting older... i'm just getting 'better'. ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
yes kim.. it does make me feel better... and compared to your story..lol..and money spent , i'll be quiet...thank you for that...ohh an btw i'm 45 and he's 36...hehe

:lol: anything I can do to help!

timeline.jpg

I bought a flash new phone last year when 025 went boots up. I went to vodafone ..I wonder if it will be any good in VA :whistle:

Kiwiana...are you all set? Got those butterflies under control? Tomorrow is the big day :dance:

Kiwiana...are you all set? Got those butterflies under control? Tomorrow is the big day :dance:

By some strange coincidence, (due to the economic strive happening lately which means not much happening at work), the boss told us all to take today off work. so instead of keeping myself busy at work to take my mind off the interview tomorrow, i now have all day to think about it! LOL!!

so i have been checking, double checking, 10 times over all the documents and stuff i have to take with me.

During this whole process (from beginning to end) i reckon we will all know enough about 1-129f, g325A, ds-156,Ds-230, 1-134, 1-485,1-765, etc... (the list goes on.....)that we could all probably get a job at the uscis service centres. As complete experts on the subject!! ;)

must say it is an absolutely beautiful day outside today!! Generally miss the 'sunny' days during the week due to work. Can even hear 'crickets' chirping ( i can't pronounce the other name that we call them -sircaters lol!)

will be interesting to see if your vodaphone will work in VA. I will definitely have to try and get one when in cali.I have a telecom one and don't think it would be worth taking it with me. To think that like twenty years ago, computer/internet, mobile phone (as we know it today) weren't available (for most people) and now we take them all for granted and can't live without them! :P

ROC

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Well I wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear how it went! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.