Shamim

accompanying wife during her interview

6 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I know this issue was discussed before, but still i wanted to bring this issue again. I am planning to accompany my wife during her interview. Would it help or cause any problem? Please input your thoughts or experiences...thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

some say it may help--some say it may not make a difference--and i know some worry that it may cause problems....

i have a friend who accompanied her husband--they only asked a few simple questions--who their joint sponsor was [for the affidavit of support]....and why they had waited so long to apply for a visa [they were not in a rush since they were in school]...she said the interview went fine...now, i'm not sure when she was told they would receive the visa--but she received it about 5 or 6 months later...

i didn't plan on accompanying my husband--but when we discussed it, he said he was afraid that if i was there, they would want to "test" us and ask us embarrassing, personal questions as proof of our marriage...

...i dont know if that was any help-- :unsure: i hope it was... :)

i wish you all the best!!!--an easy, smooth interview and super quick visa in hand!!!

(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Some embassies don't allow the spouse/fiancee to be present while others do. I went with my wife to the interview in Bogota, Colombia. The interviewer didn't really ask us any questions. She just wanted to match her kids up with their names and birth dates.

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Some embassies don't allow the spouse/fiancee to be present while others do. I went with my wife to the interview in Bogota, Colombia. The interviewer didn't really ask us any questions. She just wanted to match her kids up with their names and birth dates.

lol...that's so funny...haha :) i hope your interview went well! :)

i wish everyone all the best on their journeys!!!! (F)(F)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I am planning on accompanying my wife, I don't know if its allowed my the consulate/embassy or not but I will be there all the same. :)

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

In my case it made a very big difference my attourney have told me that if my wife was present for the interview it makes a huge difference on the one who interviews you .And it did in my case our inetrview was just great.In the begining only the applicant is called in atleast in my case and while we started the interview i let the interviewer know that my wife was outside and if she was needed to come in also and the lady said sure and it was all good .

I think its a great idea even if they dont call you in but knowing ur out there really makes a difference.

best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.