17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The foreign spouse's unmarried children under the age of twenty-one can be included in the parent's petition and receive K4 visas with the same privileges as the parent's K3 visa. However, if a child is 18 years of age or older at the time of marriage then, although the child can receive a K4 visa and enter the U.S., that child cannot obtain a green card and become a U.S. immigrant. The child's K4 visa will simply expire after two years or when the child reaches the age of 21, whichever occurs first.

http://www.catherinemayco.com/fiancee

This is correct. You can contact the Consulate and arrange for the son to follow to join our just get a K4 visa ASAP and come to the USA with you. However, the problem comes with adjusting status. He would have until age 21 or two years (I'm not sure whether its whichever comes first or comes last) to find another way to remain in the USA or go home.

A couple ways are to arrange a student visa or marry a USC.

Otherwise, he becomes the child of an LPR and immigrates that way. That takes a long time. He could, of course, do both.

Hi pushbrk

unfortunately it is not gonna be possible as we are ready to leave in a few weeks.

Do you know who should apply for his K-4 , my husband or me ?

Thank you !

PS.. thank you guys for all the replies !

Neither. The visa applicant is your son. You contact the Consulate and tell them your son wants to follow to join. Even if he wasn't listed on the I-129F, this should work. His visa must be issued within a year of when yours was. K4 is a derivative visa that uses your approved I-129F.

Again, he can come on the visa but cannot adjust status based on your marriage because he cannot get an approved I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The foreign spouse's unmarried children under the age of twenty-one can be included in the parent's petition and receive K4 visas with the same privileges as the parent's K3 visa. However, if a child is 18 years of age or older at the time of marriage then, although the child can receive a K4 visa and enter the U.S., that child cannot obtain a green card and become a U.S. immigrant. The child's K4 visa will simply expire after two years or when the child reaches the age of 21, whichever occurs first.

http://www.catherinemayco.com/fiancee

This is correct. You can contact the Consulate and arrange for the son to follow to join our just get a K4 visa ASAP and come to the USA with you. However, the problem comes with adjusting status. He would have until age 21 or two years (I'm not sure whether its whichever comes first or comes last) to find another way to remain in the USA or go home.

A couple ways are to arrange a student visa or marry a USC.

Otherwise, he becomes the child of an LPR and immigrates that way. That takes a long time. He could, of course, do both.

Hi pushbrk

unfortunately it is not gonna be possible as we are ready to leave in a few weeks.

Do you know who should apply for his K-4 , my husband or me ?

Thank you !

PS.. thank you guys for all the replies !

Hi guys !

I got more information about my son.

Actually I have 3 pieces of information

1 - From Department of State saying that my son can have a DCF as my husband has Brazilian residency.

2- From a lawyer saying that he is not elegible since he was 18 and 3 months when we got married.

3 - From a different lawyer saying that he is eligible for both CR1 or DCF

Who should I believe now ?

I am going to try and call to the Consulate tomorrow and find out which information is most reliable.

We do not want to apply for a K-4 since it is going to expire in less than a year in his case.

2007/03/01 - Marriege in Brasil

2007/04/10 - I-130 Sent

2007/05/03 - NOA1

2007/07/16 - I -130 RFE email waiting for the letter.

2007/09/18 - They sent a new letter as we did not get the first one ...... praying to get it as soon as possible !! Please.

2007/09/26 - Got the letter .. long history .. Docs Sent .. Thanks GOD and all my VJ`S friends

2007/09/29 - RFE Docs arrived there ... nightmare over !

2007/10/03 - Touched .. DID THEY FIND MY RFE DOCS ? I REALLY HOPE THEY DID.

2007/10/05 - Touched... They got the docs for sure .. We got a email .. ok everything is fine ..

2007/10/08 - Touched

2007/10/09 - Touched .. Now we are talking

2007/10/12 - APPROVED

2007/10/19 Touched

2007/06/18 - I-129F Sent

2007/07/02 - I got a MSC number but still waiting for NOA1

2007/07/10 - I got NOA1 from I-129F

2007/03/08 - TOUCHED for the first time .. TKS

2007/09/21 - TOUCHED Thank you GOD

2007/10/12 - Touched

2007/10/15 - APPROVED I just got the email We are jumping for joy !

2007/10/19 - Touched

2007/11/07 - Case fowarded to Rio de Janeiro Consulate ( My husband called NVC )

2007/12/18 - Interview APPROVED

2007/12/27 - Visa in Hand

2008/05/04 - POE - Chicago

AOS Journey

2008/06/28 - Forms and support documentation sent to the attorney office.... God Bless us ....

2008/07/02 - AOS Sent to USCIS

2008/07/08 - NOA Received

2008/07/30 - Biometrics Appt

2008/09/08 - RFE

2008/09/28 - Second RFE

2008/11/26 - EAD Card Approved 2008/03/24 AOS INTERVIEW AND APPROVAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.