edp333

Doc Verification Warning

38 posts in this topic

Our visa was delayed due to document verification even though it was payed on January 7th a full month before the interview. A Verification of receiving the text was sent by DELBROS. Today, we contacted DELBROS to find out when they forwarded our Document Verification to the US Embassy Manila. After giving our case number DELBROS discovered the Doc Verification was never sent, so they said it would be sent today. That is a 5 week and 4 day delay. This has caused my wife's visa to be put on AR. Estimated time 4 to 6 weeks.

I strongly suggest you call DELBROS after your text message verification to make sure they have forwarded the information. Nobody wants their visa delayed. The phone number is 2-339-2761.

Hi, after reading your concern, I called Delbros today. I will have my interview on March 11 and I paid for document verification to Delbros last Feb. 7. The person I talked to told me that they already forwarded the information to the NSO and it is the NSO that will forward it to the embassy. According to him, it takes 1-4 weeks upon receipt of the NSO before the actual verification reaches the embassy. So I think its not Delbros that is causing the delay but the NSO. That is why (I think) the embassy strongly suggests that visa applicants pay for the document verification as early as we can. Hope it helps.

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, after reading your concern, I called Delbros today. I will have my interview on March 11 and I paid for document verification to Delbros last Feb. 7. The person I talked to told me that they already forwarded the information to the NSO and it is the NSO that will forward it to the embassy. According to him, it takes 1-4 weeks upon receipt of the NSO before the actual verification reaches the embassy. So I think its not Delbros that is causing the delay but the NSO. That is why (I think) the embassy strongly suggests that visa applicants pay for the document verification as early as we can. Hope it helps.

You are entitled to your own opinion. In our case DELBROS first said they had our visa ready to deliver. Knowing this was impossible, a supervisor was asked for and the supervisor told us the doc verification had not been sent and will be sent that afternoon. If DELBROS did not forward our verification then it is DELBROS who is causing our delay. The NSO is is slow at verifying.. January 7th till now is six weeks.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Our visa was delayed due to document verification even though it was payed on January 7th a full month before the interview. A Verification of receiving the text was sent by DELBROS. Today, we contacted DELBROS to find out when they forwarded our Document Verification to the US Embassy Manila. After giving our case number DELBROS discovered the Doc Verification was never sent, so they said it would be sent today. That is a 5 week and 4 day delay. This has caused my wife's visa to be put on AR. Estimated time 4 to 6 weeks.

I strongly suggest you call DELBROS after your text message verification to make sure they have forwarded the information. Nobody wants their visa delayed. The phone number is 2-339-2761.

Thank you for the great news. We are really going to call to make sure everything is fine! :thumbs:

can i do document verification while still in NVC and waiting for appointment dates? and packets ** sorry for my ignorance **

Thank you for the great news. We are really going to call to make sure everything is fine! :thumbs:

can i do document verification while still in NVC and waiting for appointment dates? and packets ** sorry for my ignorance **

You'll need your NVC case number before you can do document verification...now as soon as you get your NVC case number call the Manila Embassy if they have received your case or visit this URL: http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp and see if you already have an interview schedule...once you have it then do document verification and do not forget to call them and confirm if they have received your document verification payment just as edp333 adviced...

2-0. In favor of the boys.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

omgosh, this is very discouraging. we all try so hard to do everything so perfect to be reunited with our loved ones and some things are just out of our hands. do they not realize that every moment away is painful? this affects peoples livelihoods. *sigh* i feel we were lucky enough to get an early interview but now that might be the thing that works against us in the long run. ouchie. the entire process is terribly painful.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi edp333. i just wanna ask when was the last time u made a follow-up with delbros? youre under AR for 8 weeks now since your feb 6 interview. there could be something wrong with one of your documents that they need to verify. like what ive heard from somewhere that someone gave a fake cenomar, the girl's previous marriage was said to be annuled. for 8 weeks just for document verification? wow, its very disappointing...there could be something wrong with a certain documents to be verified. your experience gives people here the knowledge on what to do best so as not to end up nin the same situation and we thank u for that, but on the other hand, others who are currently under AR are somehow getting scared and worried. so i hope u could post here the new updates on your situation like when was the last time u called delbros or the USEM and what were their answers and what have u been doing and who u have been calling.

ive noticed too that your on k3 and others on the same situation like you are on cr1. so do u think k1 applicants under AR is no difference?

thanks for your time to read. i really hope u would have time on replying to this coz i tried to talk to u twice on other posts but i didnt get any reply. just want to hear from u.i hope u dont mind.

ill include u in my prayers

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

• 2 months later...

OUST DELBROS!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I told my fiancee to call after she sent her text because she didn't get a reply. They confirmed that it was received but we paid for it back in March and her interview was in late June. Guess what? We are still under AR doc ver. It's BS!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.