Cecile and Bryan

Questions about packet 3: DS-156, I-134, ...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I know we have a lot of time before CSC approves our petition, but it's better worrying too early than too late. So, I'm taking a look at the forms I'll have to file when the embassy in France will get our case. I've looked at the example forms there but I have several small questions. I know some of these questions might seem stupid and the forms are easy to fill out, but I prefer to fully understand everything.

About DS-157:

1) 7. Mother's full name: is it supposed to be her married name or maiden name? I remember on the G-325A, it was the maiden name, but here, they don't specify.

2) 12. Not including current employer, list your last two employers: my current job is my first job. Before that, the only experiences I've had were my two internship but the most recent internship was by my current employer (they hired me after the internship). Should I put both internships? only one?

3) 17. List all educational institutions you attend or have attended. Include vocational institutions but not elementary schools. I'm not sure what it means. What should be included? university? highschool? I'm not sure what they mean by "elementary schools" (my understanding of English is not perfect)

About DS-158:

4) Not a question about how to file, but I just wonder why they need all this information. Why would they need to know about my parents and sister and brother (and friends for question 7.), especially since they're staying in France. I'm just curious.

About DS-230:

5) 23. List below all educational institutions attended All the schools since I was born? even kindergarten?

I don't have questions about I-134 yet since my dear soon-to-be husband is the one who will have to deal with that. :innocent:

Oh, the last one:

6) I know it's better if the forms are dated with a date close to the interview, but as some of you have probably done, we won't wait until uscis approves the I-129F to deal with the I-134 and get it notarized. so, how close do they have to be? or how much time before the interview would it actually be too long?

Thank you very much!

Cecile

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, are you sure you need all these forms to be filled? If you're applying for K1, for your interview, you'd only need DS-156 and DS-156K. May be it's different in France but I've never ran into discussions on the forms you've mentioned. I may be wrong, of course, but you double check as well:) It seems that if you really need them, it`s a lot of information you have to submit:) Oh, by the way, if you're filing for K1 you don't need DS-230. I was told I didn't need it, and I didn't bring it with me for the interview where nobody asked me for it. (Again, may be it's different in France??)

About the Affidavit, my fiance took care of it the next day we got our NO2. Then, it took FedEx four days to deliver. The only thing though, since you'll need a copy of the last year tax return to supply the affidavit - and in your case it'd rather be for year of 2007 - you better prepare your I-134 after your fiance files it.

GOOD LUCK!

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Timeline

I took the list of forms that is on the "Embassy info" page for France. I don't know if all of them will be needed (it might have change since it hasn't been updated for a year). I still think it's better to know how to file more files than what is needed. I won't spend any extra time trying to figure out how to file DS-156/DS-156K if I've already looked at DS-156, 156K, 157, etc. ^_^

thank you

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

About DS-157:

1) 7. Mother's full name: is it supposed to be her married name or maiden name? I remember on the G-325A, it was the maiden name, but here, they don't specify. this, i do not know, but i would guess its her married name

2) 12. Not including current employer, list your last two employers: my current job is my first job. Before that, the only experiences I've had were my two internship but the most recent internship was by my current employer (they hired me after the internship). Should I put both internships? only one? if they were paid internships then i would include them, otherwise leave them out

3) 17. List all educational institutions you attend or have attended. Include vocational institutions but not elementary schools. I'm not sure what it means. What should be included? university? highschool? university and high school should be enough...elementary school is generally anything prior to high school

About DS-158:

4) Not a question about how to file, but I just wonder why they need all this information. Why would they need to know about my parents and sister and brother (and friends for question 7.)they want to know as much information about you as possible. i dont recall ever seeing this form mentioned, so im guessing that it is not required. i could be mistaken though

About DS-230:

5) 23. List below all educational institutions attended All the schools since I was born? even kindergarten? again, i would stick to university and high school here

6) I know it's better if the forms are dated with a date close to the interview, but as some of you have probably done, we won't wait until uscis approves the I-129F to deal with the I-134 and get it notarized. so, how close do they have to be? or how much time before the interview would it actually be too long? i wouldnt notarize the i-134 until you receive your NOA2, this is to ensure that it is dated as close to the interview date as possible. have it filled out completely, with all of your supporting documents ready to go, then just sign and get it notarized once you receive the approval.

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

Thank you very much babybluesusie! your answers are going to help me :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Thank you very much babybluesusie! your answers are going to help me :)

no worries :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline

i'm sorry to answer in french but Cecile if you read what the ambassy website say.

The DS-157 is for men or for peeps who are born in some others country than France and the DS-158 is for student

DS-157

Pour les demandeurs de sexe masculin entre 16 à 45 ans ainsi que pour les personnes nées en Iran, Corée du Nord, Cuba, Soudan, Syrie ou titulaires d’un passeport de la nationalité correspondante.

Formulaire pour les visas d’Etudiants ou de Programme d’Echange (J, F, M)

DS-158

Le demandeur devra fournir les coordonnées de contacts aux Etats-Unis et un curriculum vitae.

Kisses

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

Oh well, then that's one I won't have to fill out!

I just took all the forms that were listed on that page: info for Paris embassy, that way I would not miss any. But I would have filed only the ones they would have told me once they would send me packet 3 anyway!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.