~~~water~~~

Arabic satellite

32 posts in this topic

ART is ok, they mostly play movies and stuff. MBC is my favorite channel. Bridget, I'm guessing your husband may want some of the Egyptian channels that Dish Network offers like Nile and ESC-1.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
ART is ok, they mostly play movies and stuff. MBC is my favorite channel. Bridget, I'm guessing your husband may want some of the Egyptian channels that Dish Network offers like Nile and ESC-1.

we'll see. I'm not doing anything till he gets here but each time I was with him he loved watching Law and Order so maybe he won't even want arabic tv at all. He is a soccer addict though so time will tell.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Any Arabic channels we get online for free (either he watches on the PC or hooks up to the TV). Maybe when we move we'll consider getting a dish, but for now our building doesn't allow it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Any Arabic channels we get online for free (either he watches on the PC or hooks up to the TV). Maybe when we move we'll consider getting a dish, but for now our building doesn't allow it.

I just got a 19 inch monitor for my computer a couple of weeks ago so he should be happy to watch it online. :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

My husband watches a great deal of American TV but I think he just finds comfort in knowing that we have the arabic channels. We do watch, actually I do more than he does and when his parents were here for 4 months that is all they watched besides Animal Planet. I have the highest package and it costs me about $40 a month and then I opted to add the music channels for another $7 per month. I pay about $120 a month for 200 channels, Arabic, Showtime, HBO, and Cinnemax. I also have a dual reciever with DVR's. I think I'm getting a good deal.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi all,

i'm just reviving an old thread on how to get Arabic channels on the TV.

Those of you that have "Dish Network" is that like Direct TV? i'm in New York and i'm about to hook up cable & internet service, just wondering what i should pick to get some Arabic.

Also, do any of you have Optimum Online? Do they have an Arabic add-on, do you know?

Thanks!! :thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I used to have the arabic channels in the last place I lived, but Dish Network made me put up another satellite to get those channels. I didn't feel like putting another satellite up here so I don't have the arabic channels. I keep debating what to do when my husband comes and I miss watching the arabic channels myself. Arabic news stations have a different twist on the news that I find interesting.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'll definitely try to find some Arabic channels for my husband when he gets here but NO ONE controls my remote but me so I'm not worried about that. :lol:

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I'll definitely try to find some Arabic channels for my husband when he gets here but NO ONE controls my remote but me so I'm not worried about that. :lol:

Good luck! :lol:

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Good luck! :lol:

I'm not worried! :lol:

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Timeline

i don't even know what the Dish Network is, maybe it is a west coast thing? i am in New York.

i am wondering if anyone on the east coast has the Arabic channels listed on the Direct TV program? they don't look very good to me... no Al Jazeera, which is the one we would want, along with the soaps.

do most of you watch online? is that how you are getting Arabic tv?

interested in knowing...

thanks!!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
i don't even know what the Dish Network is, maybe it is a west coast thing? i am in New York.

i am wondering if anyone on the east coast has the Arabic channels listed on the Direct TV program? they don't look very good to me... no Al Jazeera, which is the one we would want, along with the soaps.

do most of you watch online? is that how you are getting Arabic tv?

interested in knowing...

thanks!!

hz

No, I'm on the east coast! NC.... I didn't know Direct TV even had Arabic channels... must be something new but after looking at their line up it doesn't seem very impressive. Dish Networks Arabic line up is much better but they moved all the channels this year and I don't have a clue where they are.... maybe they canceled them. :unsure:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.