Safia

after interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

HELLO....

FIANCE HAD INTERVIEW...THE CONSULAR OFFICER ASKED TO KEEP OUR PICTURES AND EMAILS, GOT A 221G BUT JUST FOR SECURITY CHECKS, DID ANYONE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE...THE OFFICER SAID THEY WOULD CALL...WHAT WOULD BE THE REASON FOR KEEPING THEM??? ALSO HOW LONG DO SECURITY CHECKS TAKE???...THANKS :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
WHAT WOULD BE THE REASON FOR KEEPING THEM???

Since it was evidence that was provided to prove the existence of a bonafide relationship it could or maybe more importantly will become a part of the permanent immigration file.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

This happened to me. Basically they are just going to analyze your case a little more.

Generally nothing to worry about, if you have anything else you can send in as more evidence, please do so.

And they will call you when they have examined your case (it took about 1-1.5 weeks before I got my call).

They will send you your photos and emails and everything back to you (unless they instruct you otherwise)

Just make sure that you do not open the brown envelope that has a stamp on it explaining that it is only the POE officer that is allowed to open it.

You will probably get back your photos, but the emails and other evidence will become part of the entire case.

(I got back all the photos, but all other materials that were sent in were in the brown envelope... well at least I think they are in there since they were not anywhere else lol)

Edited by KimS

My wife is JenK on the forum

I am the one doing the trip :D

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!! NOT APPROVED :(

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing

01/24/08 Sent consulate more proof of our relationship

01/28/08 Embassy receives the mail

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU HONEY! SO MUCH! SOON we will FINALLY be together!!!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

and we wait...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
HELLO....

FIANCE HAD INTERVIEW...THE CONSULAR OFFICER ASKED TO KEEP OUR PICTURES AND EMAILS, GOT A 221G BUT JUST FOR SECURITY CHECKS, DID ANYONE HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE...THE OFFICER SAID THEY WOULD CALL...WHAT WOULD BE THE REASON FOR KEEPING THEM??? ALSO HOW LONG DO SECURITY CHECKS TAKE???...THANKS :help:

Hi Safia,

La bas? Congratulations on your interview! :thumbs: Hopefully they will issue the visa soon!

Take a look at the MENA forum, and some others can give you insight into the security checks and how long they might take.

Good luck, (F)

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.