marcella

HELP! mother-in-law giving us a hard time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I would love some advices with my situation.

My mother-in-law is gonna be our co-sponsor. I have an enterview on Feb21st, and after sending us a lot of documents for the Affidavit of Support, she refuses to send me the tax return forms. She says she is worried about all the information that is there, like her SSN, and something about indentity theft (?). I would get another co-sponsor, but at this point, It will take a lot of time I dont have, so I just need to convince her that these documents are VERY IMPORTANT and absolutely needed (she says on the form it says that she wont need that since shes self-employed). Im doing some research here, but since my english not that good, anyone has any advices on how I could explain it to her why I need those documents? (If I just say "I need it, thats it" she wont believe me since the forms says I don't.)

Ohwell, hope I made myself clear. I need to email her asap! Please heeelp :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone,

My mother-in-law is gonna be our co-sponsor. I have an enterview on Feb21st, and after sending us a lot of documents for the Affidavit of Support, she refuses to send me the tax return forms. She says she is worried about all the information that is there, like her SSN, and something about indentity theft (?). I would get another co-sponsor, but at this point, It will take a lot of time I dont have, so I just need to convince her that these documents are VERY IMPORTANT and absolutely needed (she says on the form it says that she wont need that since shes self-employed). Im doing some research here, but since my english not that good, anyone has any advices on how I could explain it to her why I need those documents? (If I just say "I need it, thats it" she wont believe me since the forms says I don't.)

Ohwell, hope I made myself clear. I need to email her asap! Please heeelp :thumbs:

Have her black out her SSN on the tax returns. Make it clear to her that these forms will only ever be in your possession and the possession of the US Embassy.

As a backup plan, is it possible to get another less picky sponsor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As a backup plan, is it possible to get another less picky sponsor?

Not as this point. My fiances brother could co-sposor us, but his daughter was born 3 days ago so I dont wanna bother him. But I will tell about about blacking out her SSN. its something! thanks

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone,

She needs to show her income. Technically, she would not supply a business return (this may be where she is getting the idea that she is not required to submit a return) but she has to demonstrate that her income is 125% of the poverty guideline for her household and the sponsored immigrant. If she is self-employed, chances are she submits a Federal tax return and either a Schedule C form, or a K1 (no reltainship to the immigration term) that shows the business income that is attributed to her as personal income.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.