MissLove

Case Lost between NVC and Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi All:

Does anyone have any information, suggestions, input on how to get the NVC to resend a petition to an embassy.

It's been more than 3 months and I'm getting the run around from the Ghana Embassy (shocking) and the NVC.

Ghana says they haven't received the documents - but when I was there 3 weeks ago, they didn't see the need to have it resent. The Dept of State, Visa Office, confirms that the embassy hasn't received the documents and (supposedly) requested the NVC resend the documents ASAP. The NVC informed me that they can not resend the documentation without a request specifically from the embassy, not the DC Dept of State Office or me. (How can an embassy request a petition be resent if they don't know they were supposed to get it?)

I finally had a breakdown when I got through to the Ghana Embassy after an hour of trying (those of you familiar with the embassy are probably more surprised that I go a real person who didn't hang up rather than the length of time it was before I got through); and the man on the other end confirmed that the petition hadn't been received but they would only request it be resent if I sent them a letter with my signature asking them to request it be resent on my behalf.

I have sent a letter with a copy of the NOA2 and the letter from the NVC saying they sent it Nov. 8, 2007 - and my signature - to the Ghana address via FedEx. I also sent a copy to the DC address for the Embassy. And a copy to the NVC.

I have little faith that this will actually work.

Has anyone else had a similar experience that they can help me out with a solution? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi All:

Does anyone have any information, suggestions, input on how to get the NVC to resend a petition to an embassy.

It's been more than 3 months and I'm getting the run around from the Ghana Embassy (shocking) and the NVC.

Ghana says they haven't received the documents - but when I was there 3 weeks ago, they didn't see the need to have it resent. The Dept of State, Visa Office, confirms that the embassy hasn't received the documents and (supposedly) requested the NVC resend the documents ASAP. The NVC informed me that they can not resend the documentation without a request specifically from the embassy, not the DC Dept of State Office or me. (How can an embassy request a petition be resent if they don't know they were supposed to get it?)

I finally had a breakdown when I got through to the Ghana Embassy after an hour of trying (those of you familiar with the embassy are probably more surprised that I go a real person who didn't hang up rather than the length of time it was before I got through); and the man on the other end confirmed that the petition hadn't been received but they would only request it be resent if I sent them a letter with my signature asking them to request it be resent on my behalf.

I have sent a letter with a copy of the NOA2 and the letter from the NVC saying they sent it Nov. 8, 2007 - and my signature - to the Ghana address via FedEx. I also sent a copy to the DC address for the Embassy. And a copy to the NVC.

I have little faith that this will actually work.

Has anyone else had a similar experience that they can help me out with a solution? Any advice would be appreciated.

OMG this is horrible - i am totally gobsmacked - totally uncalled for - did you try going to the region in the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem - since its NVC I am not sure your Senator can step in, but wow, I feel for you - and wish I could give you an answer - it seems sureal -

Darn this one hurts!!!!!!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

I haven't tried the region forum yet, thought I'd look for a wider audience.

I had actually written my senator prior to verifying it hadn't arrived at the embassy, I'm still waiting to hear - but, I'm hoping that she will step in and ask the ambassador to make the request and then expedite the process if it continues this way ... I'm trying to keep positive, but she is running for President, so she is a bit busy these days. :mellow:

It does suck though, and demands lots of deep breathing on my part, and my partners part.

Filed: Timeline

Ours was not exactly the same situation, however, we had a military expedite and after the case got approved from USCIS it did not reach the NVC for 2 months. Both kept giving us a run around saying its the other department's fault. After 2 months of calling them 2-3 times a day and trying everything else. USCIS found out that DHS did not deconstruct our file properly and instead of forwarding the same to NVC, they just kept it.

After they realised the mistake, it did happen at an amazing speed, although I had almost lost all hope of being with Daniel before his deployment (which meant waiting for 2 yrs from now to be together).

Guess, all I am trying to say is have faith, things will be sorted out. You have written to the embassy, just follow up with them in a week or two. Don't let this get you down

angels_95.gif

We will pray for both of you too

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

OMG!!!

I am so sorry this happened to you. Why can't NVC just resend the file? You know about my battle with the Ghana embassy but I must say that they are being very cooperative. The problem in your case is with NVC and I say get anyone and everyone you can involved. Since Hilary is disposed of for the moment have you tried your rep or your other senator?

I hope that they get your case to the embassy ASAP. Ghana is really slow with all this interview stuff. I hope that they can bump you up or something.

Let me know if I can do anything.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
OMG!!!

I am so sorry this happened to you. Why can't NVC just resend the file? You know about my battle with the Ghana embassy but I must say that they are being very cooperative. The problem in your case is with NVC and I say get anyone and everyone you can involved. Since Hilary is disposed of for the moment have you tried your rep or your other senator?

I hope that they get your case to the embassy ASAP. Ghana is really slow with all this interview stuff. I hope that they can bump you up or something.

Let me know if I can do anything.

Thank you both so much, it makes me feel better just to hear people say hang in there instead of various not nice things. I'm thinking Chuck needs something to do, Zee - ha ha.

It's good to hear about this DHL issue as well. I am going to continue harrassing the NVC come Monday next week (I confirmed with FedEx that my letter was received by the embassy today - amazing turn around since i sent it Friday) - I cc-ed them on the letter to the Embassy. What a nightmare of red tape. All the fingers are pointing and no one will just say - oh, hey, let's resend it...

But thank goodness for you three, and my fiance (who is taking over calling the embassy so I don't snap and really cause us problems - ha) who is being the calm one this week. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

wow.... I am so sorry....

Have you spoken to a live person at the NVC?? And did you give him/her your fiance case number????

I would highly suggest you contact your local congressman's office. My experience has been very rewarding and the congressman is there to help us citizens... in times such as these...

Good Luck!

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Do you know when it was despatched from NVC?

Maybe you could try track it with the DHL trick?

That might be a terrible idea ... but might show you where the problem happened.

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

Just a quick update ....

After much ado with calling the embassy, the NVC and the DOS, sending letters (via fed ex) to all of them requesting the embassy request the petition be resent from the NVC to the them (the embassy) on our behalf ... a less than happy to hear from me customer service rep at the NVC told me that "the reality is that there is nothing to resend, we sent all of the documents to the embassy," they also send it electronically and get a received receipt. Basically, this has been a nightmare and what I have mostly learned is that it's all out of our hands.

BUT, I did learn from the USCIS (who I called because I no longer believed anyone, especially when they told me that the temporary approval date didn't mean anything) - Vermont Center - that a consular (and three other levels of officials) has the authority to extend a temporary approval for 4 months at a time, even after the original date has passed, as long as the petition is in the review process (even sitting on a floor under the piles of junk mail at the embassy). The Vermont woman was great, she read it to me from their code book because she wasn't very falimiar with the I-129F rules. And I felt better.

Then, this week, my fiance received a call to come to the embassy to pick up our packages. They told him they were concerned because they had sent me a letter in November and hadn't heard from either of us. He, smartly, didn't challenge them or remind them of all the calls, emails, letters - instead he went and picked up package 3 & 4. Our interview date is June 26th ... I just received the letter today; dated Nov. 21 - postmarked Feb. 27th.

I'm much happier than this post probably sounds. I'm so excited to have a date - and in my head, I think 'they're not gonna win, we've got more at stake than them and they won't break us' - then a few less than kind words about the horrible woman that told me I didn't have a right to be in the US embassy just because I was an American... and another not nice word :whistle: ... ha ha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am so happy to hear this. Finally, you can move on to the next step of the process.

Did they send you a letter here in the US?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I am so happy to hear this. Finally, you can move on to the next step of the process.

Did they send you a letter here in the US?

Thanks, Zee. They did send the letter to the US, but they had already called him - left his name at the gate and actually let him in. I bet they were afraid I was going to call again - ha ha. Anyway, he had picked up the package by the time I received the letter (it was only 4 days from post mark to delivery though, that's amazing ... and they had obviously called him before they mailed the letter).

I've sent him the information you posted about the medical, thanks for sharing it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.