Sign in to follow this  
caityrose

Odd G-325A Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys,

I'm very new to the I-129F process and I am working on filling out all the forms necessary in order to send the petition. As I fill out the G-325A form and I-129F form online, using Adobe Reader, if the information doesn't fit, it puts a little plus sign next to the slot and then when I print it, the plus sign is there. Does that ring a bell for anyone? For example, when it asks for my residence in the last five years, when I type in the year, for instance "1987" it does not fit on the line. Is that supposed to happen? And how can I fix it? I want to avoid having to hand-write all these forms. Also, when it asks for employers and addresses, do they want the complete address (including street number, city, zip code...) Thanks so much for your help! Let me know if I need to clarify my question!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Yep... Sounds familiar... I ran into similar problems, and later saw plenty of other VJ'ers encountering the same thing.

Type out the form, except where the space is too small (+), and hand-write those fields. :thumbs:

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Caity

I know exactly what you're talking about, it very much rings a bell. I HATE those stupid forms and got so aggravated that the federal government of the United States of America (yeh yeh yeh) couldn't make me a form that didn't have stupid little plus thingies!!! And also if you put in '2008' or whatever on something, I think the numeral space was originally made for 1990's sort of dates, which are slightly narrower, so that doesn't fit either. So then you're stuck with '0000' forever when you try to take it out so you can handwrite it in.

I did it the stupid way Caity. I tried for hours and days to fix the damn things, worried about having a mix of typed and handwritten forms, and finally stopped caring and just handwrote stuff in. BUT I know there's a different way to do it I read before, hopefully someone else can tell you :( I think it involved downloading the form in something other than Adobe or in a different format than PDF...but I don't know how to do that because I suck :(

On the employer's addresses, I put the whole thing, yes, and just attached a separate sheet. However, I have heard of people putting down just like..."Atlanta, GA," or that sort of thing, if they couldn't remember or find out the address. I really think this sort of thing depends on the pickiness of your adjudicator. I say better safe than sorry though.

Good luck :thumbs:

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

I included and extra sheet of paper with everything that wouldn't fit, itemized as to the line number. I think it says to do that in the directions? Good Luck!

Timeline

Sent I-129 application package to CSC. 9/10/07

Received hard copy NOA1 09/27/07

Received email of I-129 approval 01/31/08

Received had copy NOA2 and notice that

petition has been sent to NVC 02/05/08

Received Packet 3 03/03/08

Returned Packet 3 to Emabassy 03/06/08

Interview 06/06/08

This is a long, painful story so I'll just say that Wilaiwan finally arrived in Seattle(in a blizzard) on 12/21/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.