Yoink

Should I call or wait?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I sent my I-129F in last week and it was received by VSC on Friday.

I really want to check in on everything but I filed from abroad and the address the NOA1 is being sent to in the U.S., the person is away for 3 weeks. Without being able to see if the check was cashed, whether a NOA1 came, or knowing any file numbers what can I do to verify that I am in the system?

If I call the suport number will they be able to give me info without a number? Should I just wait the few weeks till the person checks the mail?

I just want some peaece of mind...

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I would give it a week or two. It would be hard to get any information on your case without a case number. Patience is a virtue in this process. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I would wait, I doubt they would give you any information.

It's only a few more weeks, patience is the key (F)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Without a receipt number they probably can't help you anyway.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Without a receipt number they are not able to track your case=package in the system. Not a live operator neither the automated sytem.

You have to wait until to get the NOA1, then you can check.

Don´t worry everything is going to be ok. :innocent:

Filed: Timeline

Your NOA1 can take anywhere from a couple days to 3-4 weeks to receive. There's no reason to call right now, and they won't help you anyway without a receipt number. They don't even have the capability to cross-reference your name with a receipt number at the customer support level anyway, so your call would be wasted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.