yassmine2878

Sunday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow I had to hunt for the Sunday thread!!!!

I"m freezing and I don't know why. It's only about 32 outside but I can't pile on enough sweaters/blankets for some reason.

Lots of visas being issued lately!!! I'm so very happy for those of you that are on the receiving end of this good news! :thumbs:

That being said, I am in a state of depression lately. Just can't deal. I'm strong enough to handle certain things in my life, like having to bring up two kids basically on my own, being the main provider for them, handling a painful illness, etc. but this ap #### has really sucked the ever livin' life out of me. I'm convinced now more than ever that Cairo just doesn't like my husband and we are on their blacklist of people who they'll try to separate no matter what it takes. I'm trying my best to hold tight but seriously this is more than I bargained for when I said "i do" (or whatever the fk it was they had me say at the ministry of justice). My outlook on life is black.

We went valentines shopping today and my kids have been filling out/pasting/ coloring their cards and I have no warm fuzzies to contribute. I"m on strike that day. Plan on wearing all black. I think I'll even read up on the Valentine's Day Massacre that day just to add to the macabre attitude that is me lately.

Can we get a black rose smiley? :unsure:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I"m freezing and I don't know why. It's only about 32 outside but I can't pile on enough sweaters/blankets for some reason.

Lots of visas being issued lately!!! I'm so very happy for those of you that are on the receiving end of this good news! :thumbs:

That being said, I am in a state of depression lately. Just can't deal. I'm strong enough to handle certain things in my life, like having to bring up two kids basically on my own, being the main provider for them, handling a painful illness, etc. but this ap #### has really sucked the ever livin' life out of me. I'm convinced now more than ever that Cairo just doesn't like my husband and we are on their blacklist of people who they'll try to separate no matter what it takes. I'm trying my best to hold tight but seriously this is more than I bargained for when I said "i do" (or whatever the fk it was they had me say at the ministry of justice). My outlook on life is black.

We went valentines shopping today and my kids have been filling out/pasting/ coloring their cards and I have no warm fuzzies to contribute. I"m on strike that day. Plan on wearing all black. I think I'll even read up on the Valentine's Day Massacre that day just to add to the macabre attitude that is me lately.

I'm so sorry that you're feeling down. I can't even imagine what it feels like. I just started the visa process, so I'm in the early stages. I just thought I would give you some encouragment. I watch the talky blogs from Ant the comedian and he's always talking about the Law of Attraction and that made me think of you. The Law of Attraction is "like attracts like". Here are some bullets~

->Desire. Get a strong enthusiasm for that which you want in your life, a real longing for something which is not there now.

->Decision. Know definitely what it is that you want, what it is that you want to do or have, and be willing to pay in spiritual values.

->Ask. [When sure and enthusiastic] ask for it in simple, concise language. . .

->Believe. Believe in the accomplishment with strong faith, consciously and subconsciously.

->Work. Work at it. . . a few minutes daily, seeing yourself in the finished picture. Never outline details, but rather see yourself enjoying the particular thing . . . Eventually, you will see a time where it will just appear, as a gift or such, or you may see an opportunity to get what you we're asking for.

->Feel gratitude. Always remember to say, "Thank you, God [or the universe]," and begin to feel the gratitude in your heart. The most powerful prayer we can ever make is those three words, provided we really feel it. Feel as though you already have what you wanted.

->Feel expectancy. Train yourself to live in a state of happy expectancy... Find a way it will appear in your life, and keep believing in that. May it be that someone gives it to you, or you find an initiation to get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

Just thought I'd offer some support. You can reply with, "who the f are you?" or whatever to get if of your chest. I don't blame ya. I'm used to that here.;)

Best of luck and I hope you get some answers soon.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Whether it works or not, it was nice of you to try and cheer her up. :thumbs:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks for the attempt aimee. I just talked to my husband online and told him how I feel. He feels this way most days but just doesn't let me know. I have no idea why we are being tortured like this. :crying:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bridget, you aren't the only one who has a long AP. They are not torturing you. You are not on a black list.

This is part of the process. You saw people go through it before you and there will be people to go through it after you.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this waiting isn't just about *you*. It's a process. There have been people waiting close to a year and longer. There are some people who barely have 2 weeks wait.

You will get your visa when you get it and not any sooner *and* not any later.

I know that waiting sucks and I know that waiting is hard. I have had a longer wait than you and I haven't even filed yet!

Trust me, I know about waiting.

Allah has things planned and if you don't think He's the best of planners then maybe you have some serious thinking to do.

Whatever the reason for this wait is, Allah knows best, not me, not you, not anyone else.

I wish you the best with this process and your continued waiting, however long it is, but may it be short for both your sakes.

(F)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

***(((HUGS)))***

Edited by Lost in NY

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Jackie, where you headed on your road trip?????

i am soooooo tired. i was going to try and stop in tonight but i think ill be sound asleep in about 10mins from now.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Bridget, you aren't the only one who has a long AP. They are not torturing you. You are not on a black list.

This is part of the process. You saw people go through it before you and there will be people to go through it after you.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this waiting isn't just about *you*. It's a process. There have been people waiting close to a year and longer. There are some people who barely have 2 weeks wait.

I know that waiting sucks and I know that waiting is hard. I have had a longer wait than you and I haven't even filed yet!

Allah has things planned and if you don't think He's the best of planners then maybe you have some serious thinking to do.

Whatever the reason for this wait is, Allah knows best, not me, not you, not anyone else.

I wish you the best with this process and your continued waiting, however long it is, but may it be short for both your sakes.

(F)

listen lady i didn't ask to be lectured. Perhaps if you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. Yes you've waited longer but that was your choice. I don't choose to sit and wait around for things to happen I make them happen. I didn't CHOOSE to be put in AP this long. Yes people waited before me but it's worse now than it has been in the past.

I"m sick of you judging my relationship with Allah. I didn't ask for an islamic lecture. I posted this to get it off my shoulder. It's a visa message board where people go to for SUPPORT. :angry:

and btw you can take your flower and stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Bridget,

You are in my prayers...with Valentines day around the corner...its hard...We've been together 4 years..first waited to finish uni..then waited for finals..then waited for military to see if they'd take him..then waited because we had a hard time and had to fix a few things...then waited while i was in hospital..then waited for USCIS...then stuck in AP at NVC..once again waited...and now we wait for interview date. I understand... There are times that we ALL have a hard time with this...and its at this time we should be here to offer our support...sure others have waited longer...but this process is VERY personal. Everyone feels it different..and those that have waited longer, should understand this. With that said...try to stay busy...its hard...no one said...God would give us all perfect times...but He does promise to be there for us and help us through it. No words can make you feel better...or make you understand why this is happening...but just know...Im praying for you..and if you need to talk..PM me,....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

(F)

As with many others here with experience and time served in MENA waiting...you have good points...maybe find a softer way to bring them across..would make your message easier to hear and take to heart....no matter what Allah has planned in our lives..we are still human with human emotions...and sometimes those fears...anger and emotions...need to just be expressed. This was Bridgets way of handling her own process..her own way...to come to us for support. You are right...Allah is the best of planners...its easier to catch flies with a bit of honey then with vinegar....a little sugar coating goes a long way to get the underlying message out...God bless...everyone here waiting is in my prayers....Alhamdolellah...God is Good...He is merciful and He is all Wise...the most perfect of planners...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.