haroldmarichelle

US embassy Manila consul questions?

23 posts in this topic

WOW thanks for all the sample questions, i just printed them out and will include them in the packet i send to my fiancée. good thing she has a photographic memory. i had to look up some of the answers, and they were about my life.

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

WOW thanks for all the sample questions, i just printed them out and will include them in the packet i send to my fiancée. good thing she has a photographic memory. i had to look up some of the answers, and they were about my life.

me too. good thing I wasn't the one that had to be interviewed. :lol:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

For K-1 visa Manila consul who got approved and finish the Visa Journey.

What questions the consul asked?

We're getting ready for the interview and I wanted to know the typical questions the consul would asked?

thank you for any help....

HD

Be sure to know everything on your fiances Biographic form and any other forms or evidence that were previously submitted.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CO questions usually varies depending on what is stated on your forms. What the pre screener would ask you is also the kind of Q's the CO would ask.. Here are some of the questions the CO asked of me during my interview..

Where and when did i first meet my fiance

> Filipinaeyes.com January of 2007

Do you have a profile over that site

> We both have our own profiles

Who contacted who first

> He did. He sent me an email

How many times did he visited you and when was that

> Two times. First visit was last May 2007 for 21 days. Second visit was last October for 10 days

How many times was he married before and why did both marriages ended

> He was divorced twice both on the grounds of irreconcilable differences

Aren't you disturbed or worried about this

> No ma'am I'm not

Aside from the grounds of irreconcilable differences, what did he told you happened with both marriages

> ( confidential )

Does he have any drinking problems

> No ma'am he doesn't. Like me, we're both casual drinkers

What attracted you most about him.Why did you choose him over other men courting you

> His outgoing nature. He is a very honest man,very straightforward and we blend too well

How many siblings does he have

> They are nine in the family..two dead

Wow, a big family

> His mother married twice

All in all, the questions they will ask you are basic q's which if you knew your partners so well..it would be very easy to answer it regardless of how complicated some of the Q's are..PRESENCE OF MIND..listen carefully to every Q..and do not be nervous..it will all be easy in the end..

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most of the questions were very simple. The pre-screener questions, when and where we meet, how long our relationship been going on. The consular questions do i have a house here, what nature of work and the name of the company where i work for. Dont forget lots of passport size pictures.

HD

ticker.png

People seek a life time finding some one to truly call their own...Others take it for granted till it goes away...Some look the wrong way till they miss it...All it ever took me was I look...

Date I-129F Sent: July 27, 2007

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt): August 13, 2007

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved): December 28, 2007

Date I-129F NOA2 (Hard Copy): January 04, 2008

Date Package Received By NVC: January 07, 2008

Date Package Left From NVC : January 15, 2008

Date Received By Consulate : January 22, 2008

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : Manila none pocket 3

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : Manila none pocket 3

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): January 24, 2008

Medical Appointment (K1 Visa): February 26, 2008

Interview Date (K1 Visa): March 4, 2008

Date K1 Visa Received : March 10, 2008

Date of US Entry : May 24, 2008

Date of Wedding : August 08, 2008

I take it that your fiance will be with you to calm your nerves. Someone posted a list of questions in here and I think that's good enough of a practice for you. I'm sure you'll do great.

I had my husband, fiance then, with me during the interview but he was asked not to take part in the interview.

I was getting impatient since the consular officer took ample time to browse through the pages of my visa

application papers. And then he asked me about this Hollywood actress and we ended up talking about books and his years in Cornell Univ. :D Nothing about my relationship with my fiance or about me, strange, isn't it?

Just do all the necessary preparations you need, and always be consistent and truthful with your answers, as what is expected from the applicants.

edited: miss a couple of t's..

Edited by krakatoa

The CO asked me "What is his favorite color?" while looking at David's emails that are in pink, blue, green, purple, red as font colors. When I answered black, gray and yellow, he gave me that teasing smile as if he's saying "Hmmm... are you sure that's all?".

There's always one and ultimate question - sometimes more (like Ms. Universe winning question) that you will really have to sound convincing and sincere. Mine was "How sure are you that you will be the last wife?" :wacko: I was tempted to say "World peace! We need world peace!" :lol::lol::lol:

There's this one applicant before me who was asked "Why did you want to marry him? Don't tell me it's because you love me. What other reasons?" The girl said, "But I do love him, Sir" and she got rattled and tensed she was nearly in tears after the interview. If I was asked that question, I would have said "First, I really want to marry him because I love him, I really do. As for other reasons, it's because I have waited for so long for the right person to come into my life and I knew that he's the one."

Having said all these, you should be prepared for unexpected questions. If you really know your fiance/husband with all your heart, you will pass the interview with flying colors. Sure you'll be nervous... and the truth always comes out especially when your nervous.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.