GreenApp

I-693 Medical Exam: Immunizations

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband has an AOS application pending and just completed his medical exam (I-693). The medical exam was ok, but on the immunization form the Dr. checked "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements" and circled Polio and Varicella (my husband has lived here for 5 years and does not have his childhood vaccination records).

If I understand correctly, he does not need Polio/IPV since he is over 18 (although the DR. did NOT check off 'Not appropriate for age'). Does he need Varicella? He had chicken pox as a kid but does not have an actual record of it.

Should we still submit the form even if it says he did not meet immunization requirements? The Dr. said nothing about needing to get these vaccinations done, I just happened to look at the copies of the completed forms he gave us. I was under the impression that if there were any necessary vaccinations that needed to be done, the USCIS civl surgeon would administer them. Instead he said nothing and the 693 supplemental form says applicant does not meet requirements.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure what to do...

Filed: Timeline
My husband has an AOS application pending and just completed his medical exam (I-693). The medical exam was ok, but on the immunization form the Dr. checked "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements" and circled Polio and Varicella (my husband has lived here for 5 years and does not have his childhood vaccination records).

If I understand correctly, he does not need Polio/IPV since he is over 18 (although the DR. did NOT check off 'Not appropriate for age'). Does he need Varicella? He had chicken pox as a kid but does not have an actual record of it.

Take a look at the age appropriate vaccines listed at CDC and spend sometime looking at their website

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules...edule-6x4-5.pdf

If your husband had chicken pox before then he doesn't need Varicella atleast that's my understanding but CDC doesn't offer anything more: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/should...c.htm#varicella

Edited by second stage

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take a look at the age appropriate vaccines listed at CDC and spend sometime looking at their website

If your husband had chicken pox before then he doesn't need Varicella atleast that's my understanding but CDC doesn't offer anything more: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/should...c.htm#varicella

Thanks. I did actually read a lot on the CDC website before posting here - that's what got me confused. On the instructions for the civil surgeons, it says to check "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements" only when the applicant is missing a requirement and also refuses to have the vaccination. They didn't offer to give my husband any vaccines, or even tell him taht he needed any. I'm thinking this must be a Dr.'s error, which is disappointing since they should know these things...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks. I did actually read a lot on the CDC website before posting here - that's what got me confused. On the instructions for the civil surgeons, it says to check "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements" only when the applicant is missing a requirement and also refuses to have the vaccination. They didn't offer to give my husband any vaccines, or even tell him taht he needed any. I'm thinking this must be a Dr.'s error, which is disappointing since they should know these things...

You need to contact the civil surgeon to have him fix his mistake. He should have asked your husband if he had varicella/chicken pox when he was a kid.

And for Polio, the civil surgeon should have asked for a waiver based on his age, i believe.

On the I-693 supplement, there are a bunch of columns on the right side. My civil surgeon checked off a bunch of them based on age if i remember correctly.

Also if immunizations were required, he should have ask your husband his course of action (either having it done by the surgeon or somewhere else cheaper and bring back record so he can fill out the form).

Keep us updated.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.