SammyPajammy

Interview experience in Houston

8 posts in this topic

Bit of background:

Met husband online. I am from the UK. Came to the U.S and back to UK on VWPx3, applied for B2, came in on a B2 in 2001. Lived with my husband from day one, although we never married till 2006. I overstayed since 2001 to present. I have 2 UK kids and have a 1 yr old USC baby.

Got a lawyer. Applied for AOS just before the fee increase (July 07). Had medicals. Got transfered to CSC then back to MSC. Got interview date for today (Feb 8, 08) at 7.30am. (#######???) I took photos dating back to 2000. We had a civil wedding in our lunch hour, so no wedding pics, just family pics. Took car ins. in both name, cable bill in my name, bank statements in both names, deeds to our house, car note payment booklet, void check with both names and all original birth certs. marriage cert. etc

We arrived at 7am to meet the lawyer in parking lot. We all dressed business casual. Signed in, lawyer gave officals out appt. letters. We waited 20 minutes and went in. The IO went through our forms, asked name, address, DOB and when I last entered the U.S (2001) then he asked if I had since leaft and returned, I said no. Then he went through the kids forms, name, address, DOB. He took and looked at our passports and wrote down the passport numbers then gave them back. Flicked through the file and said "Ok, you should get your greencards within a couple of weeks!" Then talked to us about citizenship. That was it! Did not even look at ANYTHING I brought, even originals!!! Never mentioned my overstay (I was panicing about this) NOTHING!

SUPER nice, polite guy.

Thats all, just wanted to share the experience as I have been searching for interview experiences for months!

Edited by SammyPajammy

congrats! :dance: :dance: :dance:

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Excellent! Congrats!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Timeline
Bit of background:

Met husband online. I am from the UK. Came to the U.S and back to UK on VWPx3, applied for B2, came in on a B2 in 2001. Lived with my husband from day one, although we never married till 2006. I overstayed since 2001 to present. I have 2 UK kids and have a 1 yr old USC baby.

Got a lawyer. Applied for AOS just before the fee increase (July 07). Had medicals. Got transfered to CSC then back to MSC. Got interview date for today (Feb 8, 08) at 7.30am. (#######???) I took photos dating back to 2000. We had a civil wedding in our lunch hour, so no wedding pics, just family pics. Took car ins. in both name, cable bill in my name, bank statements in both names, deeds to our house, car note payment booklet, void check with both names and all original birth certs. marriage cert. etc

We arrived at 7am to meet the lawyer in parking lot. We all dressed business casual. Signed in, lawyer gave officals out appt. letters. We waited 20 minutes and went in. The IO went through our forms, asked name, address, DOB and when I last entered the U.S (2001) then he asked if I had since leaft and returned, I said no. Then he went through the kids forms, name, address, DOB. He took and looked at our passports and wrote down the passport numbers then gave them back. Flicked through the file and said "Ok, you should get your greencards within a couple of weeks!" Then talked to us about citizenship. That was it! Did not even look at ANYTHING I brought, even originals!!! Never mentioned my overstay (I was panicing about this) NOTHING!

SUPER nice, polite guy.

Thats all, just wanted to share the experience as I have been searching for interview experiences for months!

congratulations and thanks for sharing your interview experience

Filed: Timeline

i have exacly same scenario as you do (minus the kids) been here since 2000 on B2 just filed . how long did i took you to get aproval for GC since you filed . I don't see your time line.

AOS

January 19, 2008 - Mailed AOS packet to

January 21, 2008 - Received AOS packet

January 28, 2008 - Checks cashed

January 30. 2008 - Received NOA1 (I130,I765,I485)

Febuary 26. 2008- appt. for Bio

March 26. 2008 BIO taken

March 28. 2008 touch

April 28. 2008 touch and aproved at the Infopass ,EAD on order..

April 30. 2008 I765 touch..... its been aproved allready

May 1. 2008 I765 touch......

May 2. 2008 I765 touch.......

May 5. 2008 EAD is here / Aproval email for I-765

i have exacly same scenario as you do (minus the kids) been here since 2000 on B2 just filed . how long did i took you to get aproval for GC since you filed . I don't see your time line.

I think it was the kids, especially the USC kid that played a big part in how easy this went!

Rough timeline:

July 26 - 07 - Send AOS package

August - RFE for medicals

September - Biometrics

October - tranfered to CSC, 2 wks later file was transfered back.

December sometime - interview letter

Feb 08 - interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.