VictoriaUSA

rec'd NOA1 8/01/07, 6 months no NOA2, is it problem?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We received the NOA1 on August 1, 2007 and it's now past six months (185 days) since we've heard anything else. I see on the site that the CSC's average time between the NOA1 and NOA2 is 138 days. There is no change on UCSIS web site when I check it.

Should I be very alarmed? I'm worried and so is my fiance. What can we do next?

المغرب بلد جميل!

أدرس اللغة العربية منذ شهر

LOL!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We received the NOA1 on August 1, 2007 and it's now past six months (185 days) since we've heard anything else. I see on the site that the CSC's average time between the NOA1 and NOA2 is 138 days. There is no change on UCSIS web site when I check it.

no i dont think so. you got your application in right around the fee change... i think you can contact the uscis 30 days after what their processing times show..

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/f_english.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent in I129F on Apirl 16th 07. on spet the 6th 07 we recived the notice for his interview for oct. 15th 07. You should be hearing something soon.

This is normal for Morocco. It took us just over 6 months for NOA2 and we were stuck in the middle of the IMBRA mess. You're getting the tail end of the fee-hike mess. My husband (then fiance) was tying himself in knots over the delay and was CONVINCED we were denied (which was not the case). If you're concerned, give USCIS a call. I cant promise they'll have much for you, but it might help ease you a little and your fiance, too. Dont worry too much, we've all been in the black hole between NOA1 and NOA2. Incha allah you'll have that visa before you know it :)

Edited by yassmine2878

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

it took us 149 days at the california service center. besides remember that there was fires down in that area and that the center was closed that time. maybe they are set back a couple weeks...but cheer up! good news will come soon!

2443.gif

Love is not what makes the world go around...Love is what makes the trip worthwhile...-Franklin P Adams

K1 - My Journey...

06/12/07 - Sent off I-129F

06/18/07 - Received by California Service Center

06/29/07 - Touched

06/31/07 - NOA1 Received

11/08/07 - Approved!

11/14/07- NOA2 Received

12/06/07 - NVC Letter Received

12/10/07 - Packet 3 sent from embassy

1/10/08 - Second Packet 3 Sent from embassy (First one got lost in the mail)

1/17/08 - Packet 3 received

1/25/08 - Medical

2/07/08 - Interview

2/17/08 - Flying to me!

This is normal for Morocco. It took us just over 6 months for NOA2 and we were stuck in the middle of the IMBRA mess. You're getting the tail end of the fee-hike mess. My husband (then fiance) was tying himself in knots over the delay and was CONVINCED we were denied (which was not the case). If you're concerned, give USCIS a call. I cant promise they'll have much for you, but it might help ease you a little and your fiance, too. Dont worry too much, we've all been in the black hole between NOA1 and NOA2. Incha allah you'll have that visa before you know it :)

I just realized I gave you some erroneous info. The processing of your case at this stage has nothing to do with the country you're going through (Morocco). So I apologise for overlooking that. I blame my scatterbrained tendencies on my unborn child, who is sucking out my brain cells to promote his own growth.

In any event, I think you're on target and up for an NOA2 soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.