7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

:( We received a RFE stating that I don't meet the income requirements for a sponsor. I DO make well over 125% of the poverty line for our famiy size; however, I pay for my medical benefits & contribute to my retirement plan on a pre-tax basis...so this lowers my taxable income (which is the figure reported on my W2's and taxes). This makes it APPEAR that I make less than I really do. I explained this and sent documentation (my paystub) with the original affidavit of support, but apparently they didn't understand...or believe me! I don't have anyone who could serve as a co-sponsor...I don't know what to do...

The RFE also asks for a copy of my husband's medical exam along with PPD and vaccination supplement (he lost his). He needs the PPD anyway, so I just bit the bullet and scheduled him for another full exam. A civil surgeon in our area was able to get him in on this Friday for the exam. Of course they will accept only cash....$330... and don't take medical insurance!

I'm disgusted about having to shell out the extra $$$, but I just want the *&%$# green card. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we get it, hopefully soon.

I'm worried about the affidavit of support though. I'm planning to send in a new one with me as the sponsor. My gross income for 2007 just barely eeked in over the 125% poverty level point, even though former years were less than that (because of the whole pre-tax medical premium thing). I'm hoping they'll accept it based on my 2007 income, even though the first one I sent in (based on 2006 income/taxes) "failed to show proof of sufficient income".

Anyone have any insight on these things?

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I'm worried about the affidavit of support though. I'm planning to send in a new one with me as the sponsor. My gross income for 2007 just barely eeked in over the 125% poverty level point, even though former years were less than that (because of the whole pre-tax medical premium thing). I'm hoping they'll accept it based on my 2007 income, even though the first one I sent in (based on 2006 income/taxes) "failed to show proof of sufficient income".

Do you have any other assets other than your current job?

In the I-864 instructions, Read the "Section 29. Total Value of Assets" on how you can use your assets to qualify!

That maybe the only alternative other than getting a co-sponsor

Edited by second stage

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Does he need a full medical at $330 or does he just need a vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon to show he has the required shots ? If all he requires is the supplement that probably won't cost you more than $100 !!

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Timeline

I dunno...the RFE says to please send the full medical report, PPD, and vaccinaation supplement...and goes on to say that the adjustment of status can be denied if we don't send everything they ask for...

I'm afraid to take a chance, even though he did have a full medical in June 2007, so it should still be good. He does need the PPD, which they didn't give him the first time, and then the supplement showing the shots, which he lost. We contacted the hospital in Turkey and told them we needed the vaccination supplement, but they sent it on a different form than the one USCIS is asking for.

I'm so paranoid that we'll get denied, have to file all over again and pay the huge $1010 fee again...(do they let you file again if you get denied the first time around?)

It's worth asking about though. Thanks for the advice.

Does he need a full medical at $330 or does he just need a vaccination supplement from a civil surgeon to show he has the required shots ? If all he requires is the supplement that probably won't cost you more than $100 !!

Mark :)

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

I'm not sure that resubmitting the affidavit of support with pretty much the same information is the best course of action. It doesn't sound like your 2007 information differs much from your 2006 information.

I'd either read up on using assets, or do what you can to find a cosponsor. I'd rather do that than possibly be denied.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Do you have any other assets other than your current job?

In the I-864 instructions, Read the "Section 29. Total Value of Assets" on how you can use your assets to qualify!

That maybe the only alternative other than getting a co-sponsor

We do have a 2nd car worth ~$5,000...and I worked a 2nd job over this past summer (which is the reason my 2007 gross taxable income is greater than the 125% poverty level). I also receive child support for my 3 kids, but I don't see a place to list that on the affidavit...

Do you think they would accept that my 2007 income is above the required level?

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Timeline

Actually, my 2007 numbers are a lot higher than my 2006 taxable gross due to the fact that I worked a 2nd job this year. I could also potentially use some assets (I own 2 cars so I think I am allowed to use one of them as an asset) and both of our bank balances. Maybe that would do the trick? I really do make enough money...its just getting them to understand that concept...maybe a letter from my employer would help?

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to put assets on the form just in case. A cosponsor is really not an option for me...I simply don't have anyone to ask.

I'm not sure that resubmitting the affidavit of support with pretty much the same information is the best course of action. It doesn't sound like your 2007 information differs much from your 2006 information.

I'd either read up on using assets, or do what you can to find a cosponsor. I'd rather do that than possibly be denied.

ROC Journey:

MeandOzzy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.