sibez

Interview Failure

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions on how to resolve this problem. On Oct 19, 2007. My husband had his intervew for a CR1 visa at Lagos, Nigeria. He was give a pink letter stating that our relationship was established for immigration purposes only. I've been calling USCIS and NVC weekly and that have not received our case yet. The embassy of Nigeria stated that they sent the case was sent to NVC on Nov. 20, 2007 with the recommendation that it be revoked. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Any other reasons they said it was denied?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No. The letter just says that my husband faild to produce nay evidence of a valid relationship to the petitioner. My husband said that in interview only requested pictures and e-mails. She refused to look at the insurance policys (car and medical in both our names) and phone bills that he took along to the interview.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would suggest calling your senator and asking for some help.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

No. The letter just says that my husband faild to produce nay evidence of a valid relationship to the petitioner. My husband said that in interview only requested pictures and e-mails. She refused to look at the insurance policys (car and medical in both our names) and phone bills that he took along to the interview.

From what ive seen on past posts, the trend seems to be correct. You have to present exactly what they ask for. However, I would think that they would give you time to rectify the situation and bring in the necessary docs.....seems a bit strange.....

Have you tried professional legal advise...sounds like your case may need it.....

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Filed: Timeline

From what ive seen on past posts, the trend seems to be correct. You have to present exactly what they ask for. However, I would think that they would give you time to rectify the situation and bring in the necessary docs.....seems a bit strange.....

Have you tried professional legal advise...sounds like your case may need it.....

It is not strange at all. It happens far, far too frequently. The CO makes a decision based on assumption and ignores or doesn't even look at the evidence presented. Doesn't matter what evidence it is. Doesn't allow you to present evidence and sometimes doesn't even tell you there is a question about the relationship. It is not right and it is not following the law, but they do it all the same.

The OP should IMMEDIATELY contact their Senator/Congressman and ask for help to find out where their petition is and help to get this resolved. Once it gets to NVC, they just log it and send it back to the Service Center. Also ask them the Congressman to find out what reasons the CO is alledgedly using to support their fraud accusation. Since the interview was for CR1, you will also want to find out where is the I-130. If it is not approved yet, they will probably pull it back and review your returned case when they get to the I-130. They will likely send you a Notice of Intent to Deny based on the accusations of the CO that yours is a fraud marriage.

You will need to respond to this with evidence that is not the case. Enlist your Congress Rep help now and also when you get the NOID. The more detail you can get as to what they are basing their accusations on so you can address it in your response the better. But even if you can't get more detail, then just present your case and evidence to support that yours is a true marriage and not for immigration and refute the false accusations against you. Evidence should include copies of your phone/IM logs/bills, pictures, insurance, letters from friends and family on both sides, etc. etc. etc. even if you already provided it to them before, send it again and more.

You can overcome this, but unfortunately it can take much extra time where you and your husband are left separated. I'm sorry this has happened to your family. But keep fighting and you will win. If you need more help there is a group dedicated to people in this situation that is available by invitation. Send me a PM if you are interested to know more. Also, you can read more on this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Good luck!!

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.