6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

Well our break from paper work is quickly coming to a end as we are now starting the AOS. When my wife had her medical they didn't give her any shots because she is pregnant, so the DS-3025 is blank with the exception of the Dr's note that states she was pregnant at the time of her medical. My question is would we still need to have a civil surgeon transfer the info from the DS-3025 to the I-693A? Or can we just send in the DS-3025?

Thanks in advance!

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

8-23-07 NOA2 hard copy received

8-29-07 NVC letter received in the mail

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-5-07 Interview APPROVED!!

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

9-30-08 NOA hard copy received

10-6-08 Biometrics appointment notice received

10-14-08 Transfered to CSC

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

Well our break from paper work is quickly coming to a end as we are now starting the AOS. When my wife had her medical they didn't give her any shots because she is pregnant, so the DS-3025 is blank with the exception of the Dr's note that states she was pregnant at the time of her medical. My question is would we still need to have a civil surgeon transfer the info from the DS-3025 to the I-693A? Or can we just send in the DS-3025?

Thanks in advance!

She'll not only need the I-693a but she'll need the vaccinations too. We left it out of the filing and got the immunizations and form taken care later. Then we took the I-693a in the sealed envelope to the AOS interview. If you include it up front, you are more likely to be approved without an interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

She'll not only need the I-693a but she'll need the vaccinations too. We left it out of the filing and got the immunizations and form taken care later. Then we took the I-693a in the sealed envelope to the AOS interview. If you include it up front, you are more likely to be approved without an interview.

Thanks Pushbrk, so I guess I will just get the I 693a because the baby isn't due until April so Eve can't get the immunizations until after the baby is born...Hmmm what if I wait until after the baby is born to file the AOS this way Eve could have the immunizations when I file, Eve's visa expires this month would it be a problem if we filed in April or May?

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk, so I guess I will just get the I 693a because the baby isn't due until April so Eve can't get the immunizations until after the baby is born...Hmmm what if I wait until after the baby is born to file the AOS this way Eve could have the immunizations when I file, Eve's visa expires this month would it be a problem if we filed in April or May?

As a K1, Eve's visa expiration is meaningless. The visa died, the second she stepped through the CBP booth at the point of entry. I take it the ninety-day I-94 is about to expire. In any event, either filing now or waiting is likely to have the same outcome except the approval date. There is no requirement to file before the I-94 expires, though many do.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

As a K1, Eve's visa expiration is meaningless. The visa died, the second she stepped through the CBP booth at the point of entry. I take it the ninety-day I-94 is about to expire. In any event, either filing now or waiting is likely to have the same outcome except the approval date. There is no requirement to file before the I-94 expires, though many do.

I stand corrected Sir, yes it is the I-94 that will expire this month...so you're telling me I can wait until May to file the AOS without running into any problems? Won't Eve be out of status then?

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

I stand corrected Sir, yes it is the I-94 that will expire this month...so you're telling me I can wait until May to file the AOS without running into any problems? Won't Eve be out of status then?

It's ok if you choose to do that. it's not required to file for AOS before the I-94 expires.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.