James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Depending on what they say they process now I will probably be out of the window. If the progress 30 days from last time it will be May 28th. Let´s hope they claim a June date so you can go ahead as well!

I can't recall, have you two tried any inquiries at all? I mean, forget about the posted processing times, just bull your way through the person who answers the 1-800 number and ask to escalate the call after you get whatever scripted answer the contract rep gives you. That way you can at least talk to a CIS "officer" with a little bit more information, who might be able to tell you something you can't pick up from the online status. (Hopefully nothing ominous.)

Meh

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Nope, haven´t tried so far. Until a week or two ago I really thought I would be approved in the batch that got done before July the 4th. I will return to the US in 3 days (fun with an almost expired extension letter) and move. Afterwards, I guess I will make an infopass for a stamp and to ask what is happening. Just hope they will approve BBan, me and nelson before that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Nope, haven´t tried so far. Until a week or two ago I really thought I would be approved in the batch that got done before July the 4th. I will return to the US in 3 days (fun with an almost expired extension letter) and move. Afterwards, I guess I will make an infopass for a stamp and to ask what is happening. Just hope they will approve BBan, me and nelson before that.

I was the past Friday 07/11/07 to renew my stamp and the official said to me that now they were not processing i751 that i have to wait until September that was in uscis of Miami

off topic!

the good news of receiving the green card just come, but the the bad news of probable divorce follow. I realize that my husband got some extra girl friend while still living with me for along time. This girl also call me to tell the relation ship between her and my husband. Its unbelievable but true. My husband try to say sorry but i do not accept his apologize. I want to get divorce rite now but he say that he will sue me for the reason that i do not love him, just cheat on him and get married to him just for Green card purpose. So if i am the person who file the petition of divorce, is there anyway he can do to terminate my 10 years green card or do i have any trouble with the US immigration department. Every respond is appreciated.

AOS from F-1 Timeline

(based on marriage to USC)

2010-06-16 Send I-130 and I-485 packages

2010-06-17 arrived at Chicago lockbox (express mail service was quick, it took less than a day)

2010-06-24 Checks cashed

2010-06-26 Received NOAs for 1-130, I-485 and I-765 (EAD)

2010-07-09 I-130, I-765 touched

2010-07-23 Call USCIS to request Bio. letter. Gotta wait in 45 days for another call

2010-08-18 EAD touched

2010-09-03 Biometrics letter received. Scheduled on 09/13/2010

2010-09-07 Successful walk-in biometrics

2010-09-07 EAD card production order. I-485 touch <-- 8 hours after biometrics done

2010-09-08 I-485, EAD touched

2010-09-16 EAD card and interview letter scheduled on Oct 18 received.

2010-10-18 interview- Got RFE-RFE sent same day!

2010-10-22 GC production notice received!<-- Application approved!!!

2010-11-01 GC received, See USCIS again in next 2 years!

off topic!

the good news of receiving the green card just come, but the the bad news of probable divorce follow. I realize that my husband got some extra girl friend while still living with me for along time. This girl also call me to tell the relation ship between her and my husband. Its unbelievable but true. My husband try to say sorry but i do not accept his apologize. I want to get divorce rite now but he say that he will sue me for the reason that i do not love him, just cheat on him and get married to him just for Green card purpose. So if i am the person who file the petition of divorce, is there anyway he can do to terminate my 10 years green card or do i have any trouble with the US immigration department. One more thing, I am still confused about what he say! Do the law allow him to sue me for those above reasons. I do not need any asset from him. We do not have any child. I do not need his money in the bank. Just want to leave him as soon as possible. Every respond is appreciated.

AOS from F-1 Timeline

2010-06-17 arrived at Chicago lockbox (express mail service was quick, it took less than a day)

2010-06-24 Checks cashed

2010-07-23 Call USCIS to request Bio. letter. Gotta wait in 45 days for another call

2010-08-18 EAD touched

2010-09-07 EAD card production order. I-485 touch <-- 8 hours after biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
off topic!

the good news of receiving the green card just come, but the the bad news of probable divorce follow. I realize that my husband got some extra girl friend while still living with me for along time. This girl also call me to tell the relation ship between her and my husband. Its unbelievable but true. My husband try to say sorry but i do not accept his apologize. I want to get divorce rite now but he say that he will sue me for the reason that i do not love him, just cheat on him and get married to him just for Green card purpose. So if i am the person who file the petition of divorce, is there anyway he can do to terminate my 10 years green card or do i have any trouble with the US immigration department. One more thing, I am still confused about what he say! Do the law allow him to sue me for those above reasons. I do not need any asset from him. We do not have any child. I do not need his money in the bank. Just want to leave him as soon as possible. Every respond is appreciated.

he is going to sue you???? why??? because you want the divorce? or he told you he would call immigration on you???? please explain!!!!! I am not sure what it is hgoing to happend.. as a matter of fact I have been asking the same regarding a friend I have... same people say that you could divorce same other says that you coul dhave problems... the truth I do not know.... when you know it let me know.

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

A divorce after receipt of a 10 year gc should not be a problem. Even if he alleges fraud, he would have to prove it and uscis presumes you legit when issuing your 10 year gc. If you can document that he was the one that has cheated there is no way you are going to have trouble. Playing the immigration card is a desperate attempt. If out of the desire to control you or out of fear to lose you (because he loves you) is for you to judge.

off topic!

he is going to sue you???? why??? because you want the divorce? or he told you he would call immigration on you???? please explain!!!!! I am not sure what it is hgoing to happend.. as a matter of fact I have been asking the same regarding a friend I have... same people say that you could divorce same other says that you coul dhave problems... the truth I do not know.... when you know it let me know.

the word " sue" is just what i translate from my language into English. I guess formally, It is a report that he send to USCIS

AOS from F-1 Timeline

2010-06-24 Checks cashed

2010-08-18 EAD touched

Timeline

I was the past Friday 07/11/07 to renew my stamp and the official said to me that now they were not processing i751 that i have to wait until September that was in uscis of Miami

Ese tipo no tiene ni idea de lo que habla. Of course VSC is still processing I751s. Maybe he was talking about TSC. In any event, the posted VSC processing time jumped forward to Sept. 23, so you guys are now suddenly 4 months out of the window. I would raise holy hell if I were you with anyone and everyone.

Meh

Timeline

Ese tipo no tiene ni idea de lo que habla. Of course VSC is still processing I751s. Maybe he was talking about TSC. In any event, the posted VSC processing time jumped forward to Sept. 23, so you guys are now suddenly 4 months out of the window. I would raise holy hell if I were you with anyone and everyone.

Let me put that last sentence in Spanish for emphasis: Si yo fuera tu, iria a armar la de Dios es Cristo.

Meh

Timeline
wow! Talk about a blatant lie! My case and those around me are still untouched. Maybe the "special" guy who had your application, James, is having ours now. I will call today. How do I "escalate" a call? do I just ask to escalate or do I ask for an i officer?

Let the customer service representative go through his/her spiel, and when s/he is finished, definitely tell them that you want to escalate the call, specifically using the word "escalate," e.g., "I want to escalate this call and talk with an officer." Don't take no for an answer, although I'm pretty sure you won't have to .

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.