• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
My year-extension of my Green Card expires on the 21st of this month, so I'm off to San Antonio today with an Infopass appointment to get my passport stamped.

Sigh.

Good luck and safe travels.

Thanks! Fortunately I have a really nice new car, so the drive will at least be pleasant. ;)

Yo, me fella luzas. I received an email from CRIS today. It appears the email is from VSC, and that it is in reference to my 1800 inquiry that I made a couple of months ago (before petitions were transferred from TSC to VSC). At that time I basically just called the 1800 number and asked them to make an inquiry with TSC as our case was outside of processing time (we filed in March 2007). The person on the phone said it was going to take about a month before our inquiry is reviewed by an immigration officer. The email that we received today says that in response to our inquiry this is to let us know that our case is currently under review and the decision on our case will be made within 60 days.

It's strange that they sent me this email because about a week ago I had already received a paper response to my inquiry from USCIS - a response that many of us got. Now, this email. Straaange.

Edited by burs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thanks! Fortunately I have a really nice new car, so the drive will at least be pleasant. ;)

Yo, me fella luzas. I received an email from CRIS today. It appears the email is from VSC, and that it is in reference to my 1800 inquiry that I made a couple of months ago (before petitions were transferred from TSC to VSC). At that time I basically just called the 1800 number and asked them to make an inquiry with TSC as our case was outside of processing time (we filed in March 2007). The person on the phone said it was going to take about a month before our inquiry is reviewed by an immigration officer. The email that we received today says that in response to our inquiry this is to let us know that our case is currently under review and the decision on our case will be made within 60 days.

It's strange that they sent me this email because about a week ago I had already received a paper response to my inquiry from USCIS - a response that many of us got. Now, this email. Straaange.

well.... if we have to believe them... 60 days is better than NEVER!!!!!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I want to say that I was really happy to receive an email from CRIS today : Card production ordered.

I can't believe it! I am very happy and relieved, but will be even happier when I actually get the card... cause this removal of conditions has been a real trip... :angry:

I know I'm not on the list, but I've been watching this topic for a long time. My NOA dates April 16th 2007, transfered on Jan 31st to VSC from TSC, just like you guys.

Name starts with T. :)

I hope these good news will happen to EVERYBODY soon enough, I really do. We deserve this peace of mind, for once.

I wish luck to everybody!

PS. What IS weird, is that I got the email from CRIS at 9 PM Eastern. Wow. :blink: Working late or slow email?

PS2. IT WILL BE OVER SOON!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hello everybody!

I want to say that I was really happy to receive an email from CRIS today : Card production ordered.

I can't believe it! I am very happy and relieved, but will be even happier when I actually get the card... cause this removal of conditions has been a real trip... :angry:

I know I'm not on the list, but I've been watching this topic for a long time. My NOA dates April 16th 2007, transfered on Jan 31st to VSC from TSC, just like you guys.

I hope these good news will happen to EVERYBODY soon enough, I really do. We deserve this peace of mind, for once.

PS. What IS weird, is that I got the email from CRIS at 9 PM Eastern. Wow. :blink: Working late or slow email?

Congratulations! That is good news. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
Got my residency extended another year. Hurrah. Waiting two hours with parents letting their kids run riot in the office SUCKS (but at least there was a really hot Russian girl sitting across from me).

Hello ihateemo,

When making an infopass could you choose your date?

What evidence did you take to San Antonio?

Reason is that our district office is there, just wondering what they would need as the posts seem to vary on what people have experienced at various District Offices.

Thanks for any info.

Just wanted to post my story to get a little feedback from people. Like all of you, my case was transferred from TSC to VSC (1/31/08 received e-mail advising of transfer & 2/22/08 received e-mail confirming receipt of transfer in VSC).

My biometrics were done 3/31/07 and my letter accepting my application and extending my travel/work priviledges was valid from that date to 3/31/08. Having not heard anything by mid-March I scheduled an appointment through INFOPASS to get my passport stamped for an extension. The first available time was the morning of 4/1/08.

The officer there told me that a RFE was sent on 3/28/08. I told him I haven't received it yet (only two mailing days had passed). He checked some things on his computer. He took my green card, cut the corner off and kept it. He took my extension letter and kept it. He advised me that he would stamp my passport, but if I was denied that the stamp would be meaningless. I told him I initiated the appointment for two reasons, to have documentation for work, and more importantly, to have documentation to travel. My mother passed away in January and the interment of her ashes is to take place this spring and I need to go home for the ceremony. I wanted to get the stamp, then drive home and book our airline tickets. I'm in tears just thinking about it, but I don't feel I can book the flight until I have more information about what they need from us.

I checked the mail with great anticipation every day this week and did not receive a letter regarding RFE. I checked the case status online and it does not indicate any change in status. It still shows:

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The officer in San Antonio couldn't tell me what VSC was asking for - it just said "ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED", which I thought was odd. Also, wouldn't the case status online change if they sent an RFE??

My intention is to try to call VSC to find out what additional documentation they asked for. As of today, I am still within "normal processing times" because the site says February 2nd, 2007.

I guess I'm just hoping some of you folks that are playing the waiting game like me can offer some words of comfort or advice. My husband keeps telling me not to worry, but having so recently suffered such a profound loss I can't help but swirl over it.

I also wanted to say, I would recommend photocopying any Notices you receive, because even though I know it's standard procedure to take your temporary green card and letters away to get your passport stamped, I still had that sinking feeling in my gut like "Hey, I need those!". I guess that just stems from almost 6 years of document hoarding and evidence collecting.

I-751

Application Sent to TSC 2/22/2007

Application Receipt Date 2/27/2007

ASC Appointment Notice Sent 3/14/2007

Biometrics Done 3/31/2007

Transfer Notice 02/01/2008

Last Update from CRIS 2/22/2008

Passport Stamp Extension 4/1/2008

Just wanted to post my story to get a little feedback from people. Like all of you, my case was transferred from TSC to VSC (1/31/08 received e-mail advising of transfer & 2/22/08 received e-mail confirming receipt of transfer in VSC).

My biometrics were done 3/31/07 and my letter accepting my application and extending my travel/work priviledges was valid from that date to 3/31/08. Having not heard anything by mid-March I scheduled an appointment through INFOPASS to get my passport stamped for an extension. The first available time was the morning of 4/1/08.

The officer there told me that a RFE was sent on 3/28/08. I told him I haven't received it yet (only two mailing days had passed). He checked some things on his computer. He took my green card, cut the corner off and kept it. He took my extension letter and kept it. He advised me that he would stamp my passport, but if I was denied that the stamp would be meaningless. I told him I initiated the appointment for two reasons, to have documentation for work, and more importantly, to have documentation to travel. My mother passed away in January and the interment of her ashes is to take place this spring and I need to go home for the ceremony. I wanted to get the stamp, then drive home and book our airline tickets. I'm in tears just thinking about it, but I don't feel I can book the flight until I have more information about what they need from us.

I checked the mail with great anticipation every day this week and did not receive a letter regarding RFE. I checked the case status online and it does not indicate any change in status. It still shows:

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The officer in San Antonio couldn't tell me what VSC was asking for - it just said "ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED", which I thought was odd. Also, wouldn't the case status online change if they sent an RFE??

My intention is to try to call VSC to find out what additional documentation they asked for. As of today, I am still within "normal processing times" because the site says February 2nd, 2007.

I guess I'm just hoping some of you folks that are playing the waiting game like me can offer some words of comfort or advice. My husband keeps telling me not to worry, but having so recently suffered such a profound loss I can't help but swirl over it.

I also wanted to say, I would recommend photocopying any Notices you receive, because even though I know it's standard procedure to take your temporary green card and letters away to get your passport stamped, I still had that sinking feeling in my gut like "Hey, I need those!". I guess that just stems from almost 6 years of document hoarding and evidence collecting.

I-751

Application Sent to TSC 2/22/2007

Application Receipt Date 2/27/2007

ASC Appointment Notice Sent 3/14/2007

Biometrics Done 3/31/2007

Transfer Notice 02/01/2008

Last Update from CRIS 2/22/2008

Passport Stamp Extension 4/1/2008

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I personally think you'll be okay to go back even though the RFE hasn't arrived yet.

The I-551 stamp is valid until they finally make a decision or 3/31/09 whichever's sooner and I doubt they would make a decision without giving you sufficient time to act on the RFE, so going back to Canada for a visit won't be a problem I guess as long as it's not for too long. The concern is how much time you have to act on the RFE, but I'm sure someone here has had experience of these. I highly doubt the RFE will have a timeframe for you to send whatever extra evidence they're looking for. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be a request to interview at your local office as this could cause problems with them requiring you to show up on a particular date, but even these you can reschedule and they usually don't happen immediately.

If I was you, I would go anyway but I would call your senator's office first thing Monday if you can. I'm sure considering the circumstances they would expedite the normal review processes they have to find out more if the RFE hasn't arrived by then.

Good luck.

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I personally think you'll be okay to go back even though the RFE hasn't arrived yet.

The I-551 stamp is valid until they finally make a decision or 3/31/09 whichever's sooner and I doubt they would make a decision without giving you sufficient time to act on the RFE, so going back to Canada for a visit won't be a problem I guess as long as it's not for too long. The concern is how much time you have to act on the RFE, but I'm sure someone here has had experience of these. I highly doubt the RFE will have a timeframe for you to send whatever extra evidence they're looking for. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be a request to interview at your local office as this could cause problems with them requiring you to show up on a particular date, but even these you can reschedule and they usually don't happen immediately.

If I was you, I would go anyway but I would call your senator's office first thing Monday if you can. I'm sure considering the circumstances they would expedite the normal review processes they have to find out more if the RFE hasn't arrived by then.

Good luck.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said except the two in bold above.

First of all, there is ALWAYS a time frame for response to an RFE. And it may not be stated in the letter but it's standard practice that if they don't get any response within 12 weeks, normally they then proceed to deny the application in question.

Secondly, I think contacting a senator is premature at this point. Congressional intervention is only beneficial in extenuating circumstances such as when ones case is way outside of the processing times and they are still not doing or saying anything. But in this case, they are doing something (even though we don't like or expect it).

If the OP's congressman gets involved at this point, their response will be "the applicant has had a chance to meet with an officer who answered all her questions. We have also stamped her passport and extended legal residency and have issued an RFE and are just waiting for her to respond (or we are now processing her response)" - and what good will that do? I totally, totally sympathize with the OP's condition, but if that was me, I will concentrate my efforts at giving my mother a decent interment, preparing a sufficient response to the RFE, then waiting about a month or two before contacting a congressman.

Edited by Scapel

Hello everybody!

Congratulations! :dance::thumbs:

Let's see who are lucky 5 (more) people this week. This is an important week for me. I can already hear from the hiring committee. Two good news would be great, it is not just a job but career question for me. I was one of 5 finalists for two positions. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Everyone,

I just checked my email today and to my surprise, I got the email from USCIS saying that my Card production has been ordered and it will arrive in less than 30 days. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had to read it 3 times, I'm so over this.

Please update my timeline.

Thanks everyone, and I hope the rest will get approved soon.

NVC timeline

12/30/2004 - Case recieved by NVC

01/04/2005 - Case # assigned

01/10/2005 - DS3032 mailed to beneficiary

01/10/2005 - Also copy of DS3032 and app. of support fee bill mailed to petitioner

01/15/2005 - DS-3032 & I-864 bill Received

01/18/2005 - DS-3032 & I-864 fee sent back to NVC

01/21/2005 - DS-3032 Received and entered into the NVC system

01/31/2005 - IV Fee Bill generated

02/07/2005 - IV Fee Bill Received

02/08/2005 - IV Fee Bill sent to St. Louis 63195

02/18/2005 - NVC automated system says IV Fee recieved

02/14/2005 - I-864 Generated

02/19/2005 - I-864 Received

02/22/2005 - I-864 shipped via Express Mail

02/21/2005 - DS-230 Generated

02/24/2005 - IVR Changed saying that NVC is waiting for the return of the biographic info

03/05/2005 - DS-230 Received

03/07/2005 - DS-230 shipped via Express Mail

03/09/2005 - DS-230 entered in NVC system

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>03/16/2005 - Case Completed</span></span>

INTERVIEW DATE HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO 05/06/05 AT 8:30AM

Lifting of Conditions I-751

02/26/07 - I-751 Mailed

03/20/07 - NOA1 Date

03/28/07 - Biometrics

Still Waiting...........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats moben!! That's great news! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.