The Robinsons

Removal of conditions on CR-1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We know it's not time to remove conditions yet but expirience tells us to plan ahead. Right now we're a bit concerned we might not have enough "evidence" of a bona fide marriage.

We have no kids, no utility bills, no rent, no car payments, no health insurance or life insurance, no vacations we went on, no mortgage, no nothing.....

All we have is our car insurance and joint bank account - only husband's name on car title

Ever since we've been over here we just haven't been able to catch a break. And it's been a struggle just getting simple things like a SSN and a 4 months license. So we are really worried about having to remove conditions. Especially since we're pretty sure we won't be able to get our own place or anything before then.

So guys......any ideas???

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

get wills making each other beneficiaries

get letters of support from people who have known you and can attest to the fact that your marriage is bonafide

submit evidence of joint tax returns

are you renting? where are you living? what can you rustle up that proves you are living at the same place?

any letters/mail addressed to the both of you?

think outside of the box and try to round up anything that proves what they are looking for: that you have a bonafide ongoing relationship and a shared domicile.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

We are currently living with his parents and have been doing so since we got here.

As for mail....that is all sent to a P.O. Box which we have been told won't prove anything.

We don't have any magazine subscriptions, gym memberships or anything of that kind. And again that would be sent to a P.O. Box....and the P.O. Box is not in our name.

We can most likely get an affidaviat from a family member but no friends or people we work with since they don't want immigration "all in their business".

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are currently living with his parents and have been doing so since we got here.

As for mail....that is all sent to a P.O. Box which we have been told won't prove anything.

We don't have any magazine subscriptions, gym memberships or anything of that kind. And again that would be sent to a P.O. Box....and the P.O. Box is not in our name.

We can most likely get an affidaviat from a family member but no friends or people we work with since they don't want immigration "all in their business".

Get a sworn affadavit from your parents explaining the living situation.

how about library memberships? I know ours requires that they have your civic address as opposed to the mailing address?

I have yet to hear of anyone who wrote affidavits getting immigration "all in their business" -- are they really that adamant that they won't help you in this way?

I have noticed that you have some time (at least two years) until you have to send in your petition to remove conditions -- you do have lots of time to collect evidence -- joint tax returns, insurance, other assets/liabilities, investments, wills, pictures, evidence of trips, maybe even a child? :) etc. Now that you are aware of what you don't have, start doing research (this forum has lots of excellent suggestions!) and focus on what you can get now and in the future. You have time!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Get a sworn affadavit from your parents explaining the living situation.

how about library memberships? I know ours requires that they have your civic address as opposed to the mailing address?

I have yet to hear of anyone who wrote affidavits getting immigration "all in their business" -- are they really that adamant that they won't help you in this way?

I have noticed that you have some time (at least two years) until you have to send in your petition to remove conditions -- you do have lots of time to collect evidence -- joint tax returns, insurance, other assets/liabilities, investments, wills, pictures, evidence of trips, maybe even a child? :) etc. Now that you are aware of what you don't have, start doing research (this forum has lots of excellent suggestions!) and focus on what you can get now and in the future. You have time!

You're right we have 1 year until we can start the process of removing my conditions. So right now we're just doing the research. Because we really don't want to end up having more problems than we have to. Especially since bad luck seems to be stalking us ;) We have be debating whether or not to just have a child now (since that would really help out) or wait another year or so.

As for the friends and stuff. Yes they are really that - i don't know what you want to call it - that they don't want to help. They didn't even want to give up their birthdays to our auto insurance company because that was none of their business. So you can imagine the struggle it was to find someone to sponsor me (actually had to pay a family member to do it)

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.