Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-134 Question

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times already. I've searched around the site but haven't found a clear answer to this question yet.

I'm the foreign fiance of a USC and I'm struggling to find how I can include my liquid assets on the I-134. My fiance is likely a little short in meeting the 125% above the poverty line (or at the very least, too close for comfort) but my liquid assets easily cover this requirement.

I realize the option is available to have a co-sponsor and my future in-laws wouldn't have an issue with pitching in to help but I'd rather not put the burden on them.

Would I be best to fill out an I-134 with just liquid assets shown (my income not being eligible) or would this come up during my interview and have to show proof of assets.




4-Mar-08 - Mailed packet off to CSC

5-Mar-08 - Packet signed for at CSC (USPS notification)

10-Mar-08 - NOA-1 hardcopy received in the mail! (wasn't expecting this until after 19-Mar-08)

14-Mar-08 - Touched

17-Jul-08 - NOA-2 Approved!

2-Dec-08 - Interview

3-Dec-08 - Visa in hand.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

My understanding is that your assets do not figure into the equation. Your SO is completing and affidavid of support in which he promises to take care of you financially based on HIS financial condition. If he is unable to meet the 125% threshold, then he will need to get a co-sponsor. I've seen this question asked by a number of different members in many different ways.... and the answer is always the same. Sorry.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

If you have liquid assets, you could transfer them to US citizen petitioner to hold in a US bank account, and then provide a copy of that bank account statement showing the balance amount to use as an asset.

NOTE: assets are only valued at 1/3 income, that is if income falls below the line by 1000, then 3000 in assets are needed to make up the difference.

Useful info from London Embassy:

Applicants Own Funds

An applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal financial resources may submit to the consular officer evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following sources:

  • bank statement showing present balance of applicant's account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year. If there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation thereof should be given;

  • proof of ownership of property or real estate, in the form of a title deed or the equivalent and a letter from a lawyer, or real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans against the property must be stated);

  • letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings indicated;

  • statement from insurance company showing policies held and present case surrender value;

  • proof of income from business investments or other sources.

If the financial resources are derived from a source outside the United States, a statement as to how the funds or income are to be transferred to the U.S. must be provided.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...