Ahmed N Cheryl

Wedding Plans

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
omg omg!! i absolutely looooooooooove wedding plans and wedding dresses and veils and everyyyyyyyyyyyyything that has to do with weddings!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha...

the dress is beautiful!! it's a little simple, but I can imagine, it will be gorgeous in an early, garden wedding...and yess, that style looks amazing on any figure!! simple isn't bad, it's actually very elegant and classy....i looove it and i'm sure you'lll look beauuuutiful!! :yes: ...and the veil matches it perrrrfectly!!

hmm...cheap wedding stuff.....if you're in new york....i'm assuming you are, since you're talking about the botanic gardens... :huh: haha...around 34th street in manhattan, there are a bunch of stores where they sell at whole sale prices...you'll find beautiful gloves, tiara's, [most likely ring bearer pillows], and anything and everything you'll need for the wedding...the prices are great....also, if you're making your own favors, they sell the little tie flowers and other accessories and things.....

i loooooove weddings!!! :luv: hahaha....

good luck!!

all the best!!! (L)

I am not sure how my response got in the end of your quote....sometimes my keyboard has a mind of its own. Sorry about that. I wanted to say thanks for your help. However, I am in Alabama we also have a Botanical Gardens here close to my home. But I do not mind shopping online....do the have a website that you know of? I also love weddings I just hate planning them but my budget will not allow me to let a wedding planner handle it. So here I go.....do it yourself wedding. When I was married before I did it all also but it was a long time ago....14 years....it is not the same. People I used are no longer in the business. So it is like a new adventure. Since AHmed is muslim and I am Christian there are some other details we have to pay attention to. Careful on the catering or food served and he prefers not inside a church. So hat is where the GARDEN CAME IN and the flowers are so beautiful there you really do not need much decorations. Anyway I am rambling......sorry. Thanks for your input.

Cheryl

..just saw this now..hehe...

yeah, i know what you mean....i've never planned a reeeeal wedding, but i've seen people stress out for days over centerpieces :wacko: :wacko: ...haha....i've had a lot of cousins getting married lately and with every wedding, i see new things....[they're all from one family...so they learned with each wedding...haha]...they made their invitations, wrapped their own favors--i hear of people making their own cake....one bride i know bought her gown from something called the bridal garden, i believe...but i'm not sure at all....haha....it was basically a place where designers donate wedding gowns and them money you buy it for goes to some charity for children...so the gowns were far cheaper and they were from well known designers...st.pucchi is one that comes to mind...

hmm...what else??...maybe instead of renting out the Botanical Gardens, you can have it in a backyard....maybe renting tables and chairs would be cheaper...

those are just a few ideas from the top of my head...

hope you have an amaaazing wedding!!! :)

Thanks Sora....lol yes I have helped some friends with a few weddings too. Just none recently. I am pretty crafty though. I am thinking of making my own veil. Also I know I am going to do my own flower girl basket and ring bearer pillows. I am also a good flower arrangement maker. I made my friends a while back for her wedding. I have never done the groomsmen flowers but sure I can figure it out. I will make the Bridemaids flowers and maybe even my own bouquet. I just need to start searching for ideas. It is going to be a simple ceremony. My daughter and neice will be there for me and probably thier boyfriends for Ahmed. We thoght about noone except us up there but I want to include my daughter and I figured she would feel better if her cousin was there too so she did not have to be alone. But the more I put the more I have to get for him so it will be even. So we will see. I also have to decide on colors. My dress is Ivory so I have to decide what looks good with Ivory. But it gives me someting to do while I am waiting out this connection issue that took my Habibi from me. I really appreciate everyone's comments and help.

Cheryl (F)

its very pretty!

Thanks alot sereia!!

cheryl (F)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Cheryl,

When I seen this post, I had to think is this girl my sister or something? Like we were thinking of the same things. I too have been on David's Bridal looking and saw the same dress. They were having a $99.00 sale on some of their dresses that I saw. I also found another one I liked but it was a little bit over budget with the new baby and all on the way. I am hoping that after I have him I can find something that will look elegant,not too showy and not make me look like a snow covered beach whale. I love the dress, it's gorgeous and I am sure you will look beautiful in whatever you wear. Again, thanks for all of your help lately, you've been a sanity saver!

Tasha

Tasha,

Girl you are my VJ sister.....looooooooooool. BTW :blink::wacko: about the $99 sale. Not one dress in the store was $99 that I saw. The dresses that were $100 to $599 were $50 off and from $600 to $700 were $75 off and $701 to $800 $100 off $801 to 900 $150 off and over $900 were $200 off. Or soemthing really similar to that. But I love my dress. It is very comfortable and I have comfortable shoes so all is well. NO veil though...I did not like it wih the dress once I saw it with the dress and in person not online. The veil looks alot prettier online than in person. But I am thinking of making my own veil. Tasha you are also a sanity saver for me always. Thanks for all your kind words and support during our journey. You know I am here if you need anything. I will try my best to help. Babies are wonderful...can't wait to see pictures of the new arrival. Take Care!! HUGS!!

Cheryl (F)

Timeline
Very pretty, you made a good choice.

Thanks Tasha.....I am happy with it. Cost me more than the online one but I fell good in it and comfortable. Also my Habibi likes it. He got to get online for 2 hours tonight from netcafe so I sent him a pic of me in it. But I cannot post that one here until after the wedding day. So it was worth it. If I am happy and he is happy then we are good. Thanks!

Cheryl (F)

That one is beautiful as well. Good pick.

Thanks alot!! :D

Cheryl

Timeline
I like this dress even more than the other one! You are going to make a beautiful bride. Congratulations, best wishes and Inshallah he will be soon!

Thank you so much. Inshallah!! I will be a beautiful bride SOON. :dance:

Cheryl (F)

I really like that dress its absolutley beautiful!!!! :yes::thumbs:

AJ1

Thanks AJ1....I appreciate the input. You guys are the best.

Cheryl (F)

Timeline
Hi! Not to be a down-er... just some advice.. don't set the date!! We set our date for March 1st... you know, because that is when his parents were going to be able to get here again and everything.. .thinking that "hey! His interview is Oct 17th.. that will give us SOOOOOOO much time." haha... well we are still waiting, and now its down to the wire, and I'm on pins and needles and going to feel SOO Terrible if his parents came all this way for nothing... :crying:

anyways.. beautiful dress!! I am also on a budget and got a davids bridal gown, BUT!! check out ebay! if you have gone into the store and know what size fits you in different styles, you can check on there and maybe find the one you want... i just happend upon the style I wanted on ebay... brand new.. the person who bought it never wore it... its marked $400 at David's Bridal. I got the dress, garmet bag, and slip all for $80 (including shipping!).. anyways.. .be careful, but it could be worth it...

Good luck with everything!

I May do that.....after trying on the dresses tomorrow. Thanks.

Cheryl

Also I have not set a date with anyone but myself. I am afraid if I do not start the plans he will get approved quickly and then we will be unprepared. So I decided to start them just not book any wedding place or reception place until visa is in hand. That way I can book it when we know for sure. But if by some miracle he comes quickly after his interview like some K1 visa applicants do we will be ready. I can always make it later but if he comes early and I am not ready it will be a nightmare. I will become BRIDEZILLA for sure. So just trying to get ahead......just in case. Never know wih Cairo. LOL. Thanks for your input.

Cheryl

I know what you mean abot the date I feel we cant even set a date an we are just wanting for a misprint to be corrected now :blink:

Water I hope all will move quickly on this correction. But I never understood what it was they messed up on. Do you mind telling me? Good luck to you. I will put u in my prayers that this is settled and corrected soon. Hang in there!! HUGS.

Cheryl (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi! Not to be a down-er... just some advice.. don't set the date!! We set our date for March 1st... you know, because that is when his parents were going to be able to get here again and everything.. .thinking that "hey! His interview is Oct 17th.. that will give us SOOOOOOO much time." haha... well we are still waiting, and now its down to the wire, and I'm on pins and needles and going to feel SOO Terrible if his parents came all this way for nothing... :crying:

anyways.. beautiful dress!! I am also on a budget and got a davids bridal gown, BUT!! check out ebay! if you have gone into the store and know what size fits you in different styles, you can check on there and maybe find the one you want... i just happend upon the style I wanted on ebay... brand new.. the person who bought it never wore it... its marked $400 at David's Bridal. I got the dress, garmet bag, and slip all for $80 (including shipping!).. anyways.. .be careful, but it could be worth it...

Cheryl

I love the dress. I love the veil. I dont think the veil goes with the dress though :( sorry if you didnt want to hear that but you asked for opinions!

It is okay....I appreciate all input. After going Wedding Dress shopping today I agree I did not like the veil with the dress. I also went with the a halter look instead of spaghetti straps. So the veil is still a work in progress. I will post a picture of the one I actually bought today.

Wedding Dress I bought

Cheryl

veryyy cute also...i actually like it better than the other one...it's so princess-like..veryy cute! :)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline
I like that dress, too !!!

I hope you like it when you go for a fitting. You're right. It's simple, but very beautiful and it would work nicely at a garden wedding.

Weddings are so beautiful !!!

Thanks Monnik....I changed it a little today. I bought one similar just with a halter neckline instead of spaghetti straps.

Wedding dress I bought

Thanks for your input and kind words.

Cheryl (F)

Timeline
I LOVE the dress Cheryl!!!! You are way ahead of me!! I keep hoping to lose some weight before I go shopping!! LOL I guess tonight is the night for Ashraf to not have connection--- we just got off an hour long phone call!! (so much for saving money lol) Glad to hear you could connect with Ahmed tonight!! Take care, and hopefully we will both be wearing our wedding dresses soon!! :yes:

Laura (F)

Thanks Laura your the best!! (F) I have lost almost 9 pounds (8 and 3/4) since January but if I lose more it will be simple to take up. Since it is A-Line will just have to do the Bodice part. Awwww sorry to hear Ashraf had no connection tonight. Maybe soon Inshallah we will all be back online with our loved ones. I just pray Ahmed's is fixed before our Interview. We only have 9 days left. It is the 11th......that is Sunday next week here which will be Monday there. I am sooooooo nervous. Inshallah it will go fine and he will receive his visa soon. Then we shall both be wearing our Wedding Dresses soon...Inshallah. :dance::dance: Take Care Laura...Talk to you soon!

Cheryl (F)

Timeline

Cheryl

I love the dress. I love the veil. I dont think the veil goes with the dress though :( sorry if you didnt want to hear that but you asked for opinions!

It is okay....I appreciate all input. After going Wedding Dress shopping today I agree I did not like the veil with the dress. I also went with the a halter look instead of spaghetti straps. So the veil is still a work in progress. I will post a picture of the one I actually bought today.

Wedding Dress I bought

Cheryl

veryyy cute also...i actually like it better than the other one...it's so princess-like..veryy cute! :)

Thanks...I like it better too. (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cheryl I love that dress - its absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! Here's hoping you are wearing it soon....... (F) ~Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beautiful dress!!! I like the simple style and you will be so much more comfortable :)

If your on a budget, it's good that your crafty :thumbs: You can probably do invitations and any other paper product fairly easily as well. (I did and I don't think I'm particularly crafty) One tip though.... buy the cake, don't try to make it. I made mine, but I'm a pastry chef and I built it at work. I would never have tried to make it in a home kitchen unless you have LOTS of space. It's harder than it looks to make it really nice and clean ;)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Yes Polar I agree I am definitely buying the cakes. I am not a baker. LooooooooooooL that is one stress I do not want.

Melinda thanks!!! I hope we will both be wearing our wedding dresses soon. HUGS!

Cheryl (F)

I like that dress, too !!!

I hope you like it when you go for a fitting. You're right. It's simple, but very beautiful and it would work nicely at a garden wedding.

Weddings are so beautiful !!!

Thanks Monnik....I changed it a little today. I bought one similar just with a halter neckline instead of spaghetti straps.

Wedding dress I bought

Thanks for your input and kind words.

Cheryl (F)

I love the new one, too !!!

I think it will look very pretty !

(F)(L)(F)(L)

P.S.- I bet David's bridal has gotten a bunch of extra hits on their website today!! ;)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Im a little late getting in my 2 cents because Ive been AFK this weekend, but hopefully this stuff will still be helpful to you.

Also if anyone knows where to buy wedding stuff cheap let me know....like ring bearer pillows, flower girl baskets, decorations etc. We are on a tight budget these days. My daughter starts college this Fall and her senior year of high school is not cheap.

I got a TON of stuff at Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge. I priced things ahead of time, took a digital cam with me to those 2 stores and Michaels to see what was available, what looked good, and the difference in prices between the 3 stores. In my area it turned out that Garden Ridge had the majority of the good deals on what we needed.

Since AHmed is muslim and I am Christian there are some other details we have to pay attention to. Careful on the catering or food served and he prefers not inside a church. So hat is where the GARDEN CAME IN and the flowers are so beautiful there you really do not need much decorations. Anyway I am rambling......sorry. Thanks for your input.

Cheryl

My Ahmed is also Muslim and I am Christian. We had our legal ceremony at the courthouse, but the formal one 2 months later at my parents' house in the Davis Mountains. Ohhhh I couldnt have picked a better spot if I tried. Having an outdoor wedding solved so many problems on religious ceremony differences and we were both terribly happy with the result. I might add the weather was near perfect and some lovely little songbirds attended, too :)

Wedding Dress I bought

Cheryl

I much prefer this dress to your previous one. It has a lovely goddess-like quality. TSK mentioned something a few posts back about some hair decoration as opposed to the veil, and I think that might work with this dress. Finding the right veil can be such a PITA.

And I wish you the best of luck with your date goal :) Our anniv is March 28th (for our legal ceremony) ;)

Timeline

Beautiful dress and veil.

I had a 2 pc skirt and top with a train made just for me because i didnt want it too fancy and i wanted to be able to wear it again without it being looked upon as a wedding dress.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.