Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Advance Parole question

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Im confused and have a few questions.

How long does it take? More than 3 months? Can you leave the US and let them send it to a consulate in the country you are visiting?


60-90 days typical...

If you leave before advance parole is approved you will jeopardize you I-485 application as you be considered as having abandoned your permanent residency ..... In short, it is a bad thing to leave before AP is apporved...


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline

Some have received it within a very short period of time. 10 days is the quickest I've seen, I believe. The average is 2-3 months. And, no, you cannot visit another country and have them send it there. It needs to be issued before you leave the US.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...