MelindaandTarek

Happy Thursday

56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bridget- hang in there (F) and know that you and everyone else waiting here on VJ are in my prayers :luv:

Jackie - I'm glad it's doing better today, but be careful ok? ;)

Happy Thursday MENA!

It's my Friday :dance: (yes, I had to rub it in as well :P )

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Bridget,

I was awoken this morning at 4am and as I was sitting here I began to pray for you ( that God grant you endurance ) and I had no idea why I was ' lead ' to do that. After reading your post this morning, I now know why.

Cheer up! Better days are coming. :)

That is so very very freaky!!! I have not cried like I did last night and early this morning since my first husband left me with the kids. It came out of no where it seemed. I think that in the back of my mind I had the endurance for a 6 month AP since that was around the longest when I started this whole process with the exception to the rule here and there. I never thought I'd be the exception since we don't have a huge age gap but I guess the norm has gone from around 5 months of AP to around 12 months for anyone going through Cairo who met via the internet. I don't know if I have the strength for that. It's not what I expected at all. I'm really not that strong, although my husband argued with me last night that I am stronger than I think. I have no idea where he gets that idea from. I'm really starting to resent the establishment in a big way. I was looking at timelines for Nigeria the other day and they have about a week of AP if that it seems. I would have thought that would be a larger fraud country than Egypt if not right up there with it. I don't get it. I really don't.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You don't give yourself enough credit...you are stronger than you think! Look how far you have come and yet maintained yourself without going into the nut ward...! Keep your eyes off the problem and focus on God. I know it sounds silly, but it works for me when Iam at my worst.

Not really freaky...God lets me know who to pray for and when sometimes. Im not to understand it, I guess, but to obey.;)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

be strong bridget, this process is so hard :(

hi everyone almost friday yeah :)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

GREAT NEWS!!! My husband can work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card

P.S. *HUGS* Bridget!

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Awesome news, Jen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today has just been a downright freaky day. :wacko: Too many strange things going on.

Congrats!

Bridget,

I was awoken this morning at 4am and as I was sitting here I began to pray for you ( that God grant you endurance ) and I had no idea why I was ' lead ' to do that. After reading your post this morning, I now know why.

Cheer up! Better days are coming. :)

That is so very very freaky!!! I have not cried like I did last night and early this morning since my first husband left me with the kids. It came out of no where it seemed. I think that in the back of my mind I had the endurance for a 6 month AP since that was around the longest when I started this whole process with the exception to the rule here and there. I never thought I'd be the exception since we don't have a huge age gap but I guess the norm has gone from around 5 months of AP to around 12 months for anyone going through Cairo who met via the internet. I don't know if I have the strength for that. It's not what I expected at all. I'm really not that strong, although my husband argued with me last night that I am stronger than I think. I have no idea where he gets that idea from. I'm really starting to resent the establishment in a big way. I was looking at timelines for Nigeria the other day and they have about a week of AP if that it seems. I would have thought that would be a larger fraud country than Egypt if not right up there with it. I don't get it. I really don't.

Hang in there Bridget. (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

P.S. *HUGS* Bridget!

:dance: :dance: :dance: YAY!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

P.S. *HUGS* Bridget!

how long did it take????

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

going in for my annual review. Since my eyes are red and puffy from blubberin' all day maybe they'll take pity on me. :innocent:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
going in for my annual review. Since my eyes are red and puffy from blubberin' all day maybe they'll take pity on me. :innocent:

or maybe they'll think you're high :P:lol::whistle: B) JK!! Good luck!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

To all of you guys....you know...i don't think ANY of us give ourselves the credit that we deserve. It takes a dang strong and determined person to be able to make it through this process--it is not for the weak. But keep in mind...that this time that we are spending fighting, waiting, crying....will only last but a short time compared to the ''rest of our lives'' of being happy. (did that just come out of MY mouth)...usually i am the one crying and never able to post b/c EVERYTHING makes me sad...hehe...but anyway...feeling a little positive the past few days and ready to endure --for now--next week...may be a different story..

But Bridget...hang in there honey...wow...i just realized you guys got married exactly one month after me...hehe...smile and HUGS

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Timeline
I got laid off yesterday. Kinda freaking out, but at least for now I can have a little extra time with my baby.....

(F) Surely something good will come of this! (F)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.