dualmami

vaccines and immunizations

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i have an appointment friday feb 1 to get my vaccines up to date and im not sure which ones are needed. i know a TB test and the flu shot. not sure of the rest. please can someone help me before my appointment. im canadian married to an american, working on my american status and getting my medical and shots done in the usa, already married. thank god im on my husband medical insurance cause its not cheap out of pocket.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i have an appointment friday feb 1 to get my vaccines up to date and im not sure which ones are needed. i know a TB test and the flu shot. not sure of the rest. please can someone help me before my appointment. im canadian married to an american, working on my american status and getting my medical and shots done in the usa, already married. thank god im on my husband medical insurance cause its not cheap out of pocket.

It depends on your age and gender, the Canadian Embassys should have a website with a chart, the link below is for London, so if I were you I'd double check that they are the same.

My SO needed TD (Tetenus and Diptheria) Polio, and MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)...Varicella is required for his age group but is not available in the UK.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

BTW...The London Chart has changed recently...for one thing HPV is required for women (11-26) and prior to that I had seen one the reguires polio and at the same time another that did not require it...go figure?

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Oooh - thanks for that - I didn't realise it had been updated - will defo be booking another appointment with my doctor when I get back from the US next month :P

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Oh yuck! I didn't realise it was *that* I only had my smear last year... I wonder if they would accept that...?! GRRRRRRRR

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Oh yuck! I didn't realise it was *that* I only had my smear last year... I wonder if they would accept that...?! GRRRRRRRR

I don't think it is *that*...I think it is just a course of three jabs (but I may be mistaken here!)... check with your Dr's office. Also, the three jabs may need to be done within a certain time frame...and if that is the case you may decide that you want to start it before your trip...in order to have it done before your medical?

07/16/07 posted I-129f

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

Oh cool - it's a vaccine rather than a test... Hmmm... We don't need to have the vacs for the medical do we? I thought we only needed them for AOS? I'm not going to have my medical until I get my interview date anyway as I want to try and get them close together so I only need one trip to London... Ohh I hope it is just a needle!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Oh cool - it's a vaccine rather than a test... Hmmm... We don't need to have the vacs for the medical do we? I thought we only needed them for AOS? I'm not going to have my medical until I get my interview date anyway as I want to try and get them close together so I only need one trip to London... Ohh I hope it is just a needle!!!

:yes: Yeah , just for AOS.

But personally I'd get them thru NHS if it was going to save me a load of money....on the other hand...maybe you'll be out of that 11-26 age bracket by AOS time and will not need them?

07/16/07 posted I-129f

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

Nah - I am turning 26 in Feb and I will be filing for AOS around Aug/Sept so I am just in that bracket - sucks to be me!!

I can get the jabs after the interview or something - I am expecting an interview around March/April as I am not sending my packet 3 back until I return from the US at the end of Feb but I am not moving until the end of June so I will have plenty of time to play catch up - will try to get done sooner rather than later though just so it is all done!!

So many things to think about - I think I will be glad to not go through JFK for EAD - just so I can have a couple months' breather!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Knightsbridge doctors do seem to be getting abit strict with regards to the vaccinations. I had my medical Tuesday. I told them I would be getting the two vaccinations I needed from my gp for free. I was told they would not pass on my medical paperwork to the embassy until they had received confirmation from my gp that I had the vaccinations required. Which was completed today. :)

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Dual,

Check out this page from the panel physician in Toronto:

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Also, it has been stated that gardasil is now also required for females between the ages of 11 and 26, check out the Canada forum for a thread about that:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1511198

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.