DaniDimo

Repeated question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My taxes for 2006 and 2008 are above the PG, but not for 2007 for some small amount, cause I was out of the country for some period.

What to do:

1)Make my taxes and present some additional papers from my job, paychecks....(no assets) or

2)Just to stay with my 2006 taxes?

Thanks in advance guys

Dani

My taxes for 2006 and 2008 are above the PG, but not for 2007 for some small amount, cause I was out of the country for some period.

What to do:

1)Make my taxes and present some additional papers from my job, paychecks....(no assets) or

Thanks in advance guys

Dani

better to have all....but yes on paystubs if your 2007 is below....

Best on your journey

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

I'm a little confused by the dates you give. You have not filed (as you say you have) your 2008 taxes yet nor will you for another year. You must finish 2008 before you can file your 2008 tax return:) However, I believe the answer to your question remains the same....You MUST include your Federal income tax return, including W-2's and/or tax transcript for the MOST RECENT YEAR. You cannot enclose ONLY your 2006(?) tax return. The I-864 instructions suggest including the income tax returns or tax transcripts (among other things such as pay stubs, letter from employer, etc) for the last three years only if you think it will help you qualify. I'm assuming (maybe someone can help out here?) that the income requirement of at least 125% of the current Federal poverty guideline for your household size is only for the current/most recent year. I don't think the requirement is necessary for two or three straight years.

That being said, if you made the requirement in 2007 (check your dates again) then I'm guessing you'll be ok. Consider a joint sponsor anyway. :)

You say you did not meet the PG requirement for 2007 but you did for 2008. Since it's impossible for you to have filed your 2008 taxes, I'm guessing you really did meet the requirement in 2007...but not in 2006? I'm confused. Please clarify.

James

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

What to do:

Thanks in advance guys

Dani

I am confused....How do you know the annual income for 2008 if you have not filed a 1040 for year 2008? Taxes filed during this year, 2008, reflect income for fiscal year 2007.

You may be in a similiar position as I was. Working, making over the poverty guidelines right now (for year 2007 tax return), but previous year income was below the PG....

Here is what I did AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ME:

I filed my Affidavit of Support with the 1040 (which was below poverty guidelines)

I attached an original letter from my employer who stated I was working as a permanent employee with a salary ABOVE THE poverty guidelines.

The NVC approved the Affidavit of Support. Seems they care less about past years tax as long as you are gainfully employed making enough money now.

BUT

At the Consulate level when my husband went for his interview, the Consulate Officer said we would need a Joint Sponsor. Despite the fact, I was working now.

Here is my suggestion to you:

1) File your Affidavit of Support now with your 2006 tax return. Don't wait until after April 15 to submit your Affidavit of Supprt because by then they may want you to use IRS 1040 for year 2007.

2) Provide an employer letter stating your annual income

3) Start looking for a possible joint sponsor if you are forced to rely on your 2007 1040.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What to do:

Thanks in advance guys

Dani

I am confused....How do you know the annual income for 2008 if you have not filed a 1040 for year 2008? Taxes filed during this year, 2008, reflect income for fiscal year 2007.

You may be in a similiar position as I was. Working, making over the poverty guidelines right now (for year 2007 tax return), but previous year income was below the PG....

Here is what I did AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ME:

I filed my Affidavit of Support with the 1040 (which was below poverty guidelines)

I attached an original letter from my employer who stated I was working as a permanent employee with a salary ABOVE THE poverty guidelines.

The NVC approved the Affidavit of Support. Seems they care less about past years tax as long as you are gainfully employed making enough money now.

BUT

At the Consulate level when my husband went for his interview, the Consulate Officer said we would need a Joint Sponsor. Despite the fact, I was working now.

Here is my suggestion to you:

1) File your Affidavit of Support now with your 2006 tax return. Don't wait until after April 15 to submit your Affidavit of Supprt because by then they may want you to use IRS 1040 for year 2007.

2) Provide an employer letter stating your annual income

3) Start looking for a possible joint sponsor if you are forced to rely on your 2007 1040.

How I did write sound confusing , but yes I am in a same situation and I am scared that that might happen to me to be asked for a joint sponsor, but the fact is a that I dont have any, so I am in a God`s hands now. Anyway thanks for all your replys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.