Kazan' Tiger

To Bio Or Not To Bio

34 posts in this topic

Yeah, they usually have no problems postponing interviews. "Oh, you don't want your visa yet? No problem."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:lol:

Getting her visa in March versus May wouldn't get her here any quicker. But you never know with the government. So we asked politely anyway.

I forgot to mention that spring is also peak work season for Alla. So she is also motivated to bank a bit prior to her departure. Can't say I blame here.

Yeah, they usually have no problems postponing interviews. "Oh, you don't want your visa yet? No problem."

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I forgot to mention that spring is also peak work season for Alla. So she is also motivated to bank a bit prior to her departure. Can't say I blame here.

Can't she make more here in the U.S.?

I thought people with good jobs in Russian small villages still made more working a McJob here. Then again, in her line of work, there's probably a lot of "tax free" cash being handed over after the music stops.

My buddy does personal training (also collects cash after the music stops) and seems to do a great deal better than me after we factor in the "tax free" aspect of it all.

Russia/U.S., probably about the same when it comes to working the 9-5 or giving dance lessons for cash.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Her primary work is selling building materials. All her other activities are side lines. I doubt she'd be able to find that sort of work "fresh off the boat" and produce the same income she can make in three months in Russia with her established client base. Plus, even if she could, she would not yank the children from school in March. Her and I both feel they need to finish out the school year and then have the summer to ready for their new American education. Further, she wants to rest for the whole summer. Work is not something she wants immediately. So better to work her little buns off in the spring and then arrive to enjoy some "me" time away from her folks and the daily stress of Russian life. I've been waiting almost a half decade for her, we can hold out another 1/4 year! :lol:

Once, she gets settled in, she very much wants to work as your buddy does. She's very talented. We just need to find right market for her.

Can't she make more here in the U.S.?

I thought people with good jobs in Russian small villages still made more working a McJob here. Then again, in her line of work, there's probably a lot of "tax free" cash being handed over after the music stops.

My buddy does personal training (also collects cash after the music stops) and seems to do a great deal better than me after we factor in the "tax free" aspect of it all.

Russia/U.S., probably about the same when it comes to working the 9-5 or giving dance lessons for cash.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
Her and I both feel they need to finish out the school year and then have the summer to ready for their new American education. Further, she wants to rest for the whole summer. Work is not something she wants immediately. So better to work her little buns off in the spring and then arrive to enjoy some "me" time away from her folks and the daily stress of Russian life. I've been waiting almost a half decade for her, we can hold out another 1/4 year! :lol:

I think this is a really good idea too. It'll let the kids adjust, and Alla won't feel like she just has to jump into the workplace. Let them ease their way into school and work, lots less stress all around. Good call.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I brought a child from Russia too. You will be amazed how fast they can adjust. And, quite possibly, you may be amazed how much longer it takes adults to adjust.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Oh so true! I met a lady, around 35, from Kiev in my city about four years ago in a shopping mall. She had been living here with her American husband and her teenage daughter for over two years. The lady still had a thick accent and stumbled to find the right English words while her daughter rattled off everything easily, with zero accent, and with all the slang thrown in. I could not help to chuckle! :lol:

I brought a child from Russia too. You will be amazed how fast they can adjust. And, quite possibly, you may be amazed how much longer it takes adults to adjust.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
Oh so true! I met a lady, around 35, from Kiev in my city about four years ago in a shopping mall. She had been living here with her American husband and her teenage daughter for over two years. The lady still had a thick accent and stumbled to find the right English words while her daughter rattled off everything easily, with zero accent, and with all the slang thrown in. I could not help to chuckle! :lol:

My kids (highschool age) go to school with some Russian girls. They're both from different families, it's just a coincidence that they're both there. Anyway, I met them both once last year and while they still have their accents, they're not thick at all and they speak highschool slang and everything. They've each been in the US for about 3 years. So yeah, they're fast learners. But they still have that Russian female dress sense. It's funny to see all the other kids in jeans and sweats, and these two girls wearing high heel boots and clothing that looks like it came straight from Europe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think she should get her new passport in Russia. It will take her maybe just a month, though here it's 6 months!!!
Here in San Francisco the consulate claims it will take 1.5 to 2 months to do. Not six months.

"В связи с большим количеством обращений за оформлением новых паспортов сроки оформления документов с 1 марта 2007 г. увеличиваются до 1,5 - 2 месяцев. Просьба учитывать это при планировании своих поездок. "

http://www.consulrussia.org/passport.htm#&...;ас

Timeline

She has already applied in Kazan'. They said it should take around 2 months for the new bio passport to be issued to her.

I think she should get her new passport in Russia. It will take her maybe just a month, though here it's 6 months!!!
Here in San Francisco the consulate claims it will take 1.5 to 2 months to do. Not six months.

"В связи с большим количеством обращений за оформлением новых паспортов сроки оформления документов с 1 марта 2007 г. увеличиваются до 1,5 - 2 месяцев. Просьба учитывать это при планировании своих поездок. "

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Took us right at 6 months going through the embassy in Washington DC.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

My kids (highschool age) go to school with some Russian girls. They're both from different families, it's just a coincidence that they're both there. Anyway, I met them both once last year and while they still have their accents, they're not thick at all and they speak highschool slang and everything. They've each been in the US for about 3 years. So yeah, they're fast learners. But they still have that Russian female dress sense. It's funny to see all the other kids in jeans and sweats, and these two girls wearing high heel boots and clothing that looks like it came straight from Europe.

I was at a big fireworks display last summer with a fellow VJ-er and sitting about three blankets over were two young ladies that looked somewhat out of place. They were wearing "fashionable" clothes and shoes with heels. They were in good shape and it was obvious they made an effort to look nice that day. They spoke with only slight accents but both of us could tell they weren't from around here. We struck up a conversation with their "mom" and she related to us that her girls were exchange students visiting from Estonia. When we told her our wives were from Russia, both the girls and our wives said, "Yeah, we already know."

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I truly doubt my Alla would ever change her fashion sense. She already wears comfortable clothing in public, but definitely never sweats. I think the Americanization will affect her children far more than her. She has always warned me, "Jeffery, I am Russian woman. Yes, I want to be with you in America, but I will always be Russian inside me." This is fine by me! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.