M+S

HELP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

HELLo Middle East

I just wanted to say every one in Cairo is so depressed for what happened in Dahab yetserday .

esp. I was planning to go to Dahab with my husband there when he come to visit me " he is coming in 2 days" :dance::dance: .. But now I am so scared and so worried about my husband when he comes since he wanna see Cairo and all the historical places!!

we are going to Alexandria I just hope things is going to be better there .

I have a question..

to those who filed through Egypt and from Egypt .. what is the certificate you had to send to the NVC with the DS230 ..I know I have to send my birth ceritficate and it's translation but what about the police certificate do you I have to translate it too???

and if I need to translate it where I should go to translate it in Cairo??

ok even those who had DCF in Cairo they must have needed a police crtificate for th embassy right? did you had to translate it and where did you do that?

Than you all

and I hope all of your friends and hubby in Egypt are doing fine and Safe.

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Filed: Timeline

Guess I wandered back at a good time. I believe all beneficiaries going through Cairo need a police report. You will receive a packet before your interview listing out everything they need, so don't worry. My husband did not have anything translated and was never asked to. Most of his interview was also conducted in Arabic. He just completed his interview process last month and now we are waiting through processing. Hope this helped.

hmmm, as far as I know everything had to be translated. Of course, I didn't see the packet with the instructions, so I don't know what it said. But whatever I've looked at on the USCIS/immigration websites says that all documents in a foreign language need to be translated to English. I know Ahmed went to get everything translated because we talked about it.

I'd just take the police certificate to the same place that you got the marriage contract translated. You did say you are doing K-3??? I think that is an official translation service. When I read that translation, I have to laugh because the english is rather funny . . . it is accurate, just funny the way they say it. After we got the translation of the marriage contract done, I went back to the Embassy in Cairo to have it authenticated (which basically means, I paid another $30 and they stamped it to show that the translator was approved by the Embassy). But that is only for the marriage contract . . . nothing else needs to be authenticated at the Embassy.

Wow, has it really been over a year since I did all that running around in Cairo??? :lol: It has all retreated into a distant haze of memory.

Good Luck,

Catherine ;)

Again, Mohammed did not have his police records translated and made it through without it being requested. I know the website stated it, but we never had any problems. If you are unsure, and to avoid any confusion, perhaps an email to the Embassy asking them would be a good idea. If they will accept such documents untranslated, it would save you the expense. Worth checking into.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If I remember correctly, Tamer didn't have anything translated for his interview in Cairo. He had his birth certificate, his dad's death certificate and his police records all in Arabic. Did you get the list with the packet? I think it says something on there about being in arabic is ok. But definately email and ask.

You'll need to have the birth certificate translated for anything in the US, but that's another story for another time.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

If I remember correctly, Tamer didn't have anything translated for his interview in Cairo. He had his birth certificate, his dad's death certificate and his police records all in Arabic. Did you get the list with the packet? I think it says something on there about being in arabic is ok. But definately email and ask.

You'll need to have the birth certificate translated for anything in the US, but that's another story for another time.

Yep.

I wonder if there is a difference between requirements of K-1 and K-3??? Salwa is going through a K-3, which I did also (well, still doing thru AOS process I guess, LOL).

Best thing to do is read the instructions they send with the packet and contact consulate in Cairo if you have any questions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you very much for your advice ..you mentioned that you get your marriage certificate notorized at the Embassy ..I didn't!!!!But i did translate it at the translation office of the Ministry of Justice "where we get married" and I had the English version stamped by the office of ministry of Forgien affairin fact both version the Arabic and English one" ...Did you do that ??? because I never notorize it in US embassy in Cairo ..well I am going through K3 But my I-130 get approved first and my husband is going to be in Cairo next thursday so I need to prepare all the papers for him that NVC asked for it to be sent with the DS230 ...so I prepared the birth certificae "original" and translated it at the ministry of health but still I have to notorize it at the office of Ministry of Forgein affairs..

some one I know went by DCF and he is a guy he told me that he didn't need to translate the Police certificate for the US Embassy ..But I wonder now don't I need to translate it for the NVC for the DS230 Package to send to the NVC for I-130???

Thank you again ...

(L) Have a beautiful day (L)

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

"some one I know went by DCF and he is a guy he told me that he didn't need to translate the Police certificate for the US Embassy ..But I wonder now don't I need to translate it for the NVC for the DS230 Package to send to the NVC for I-130???"

If he didn't get it translated, then maybe you don't need to. I would think that documents being sent to U.S. locations might need it . . . but wait for the instructions before you spend the money. Honestly, I don't remember what Ahmed said about the police certificate, I just know we talked about getting several docs translated other than the marriage contract but not sure which ones.

The reason I went to the embassy to get the marriage contract authenticated is because the instructions on the embassy website (regarding marrying in Egypt) said that it should be done. Maybe it is not a problem. Save yourself $30, LOL!

Oh, you mentioned something about getting the translation stamped at the MOJ. I'd have to go dig it out to look at it and I am working now . . . but I tell you that we ran around to so many offices and talked to so many ppl, back and forth across Cairo, LOL . . . I don't remember half of what was going on . . . just know we have that marriage contract stamped and thumbprinted all over the place.

Catherine

NOT the expert on what to do in Egypt!

"some one I know went by DCF and he is a guy he told me that he didn't need to translate the Police certificate for the US Embassy ..But I wonder now don't I need to translate it for the NVC for the DS230 Package to send to the NVC for I-130???"

If he didn't get it translated, then maybe you don't need to. I would think that documents being sent to U.S. locations might need it . . . but wait for the instructions before you spend the money. Honestly, I don't remember what Ahmed said about the police certificate, I just know we talked about getting several docs translated other than the marriage contract but not sure which ones.

The reason I went to the embassy to get the marriage contract authenticated is because the instructions on the embassy website (regarding marrying in Egypt) said that it should be done. Maybe it is not a problem. Save yourself $30, LOL!

Oh, you mentioned something about getting the translation stamped at the MOJ. I'd have to go dig it out to look at it and I am working now . . . but I tell you that we ran around to so many offices and talked to so many ppl, back and forth across Cairo, LOL . . . I don't remember half of what was going on . . . just know we have that marriage contract stamped and thumbprinted all over the place.

Catherine

NOT the expert on what to do in Egypt!

Is it even possible to be an expert on how to do things in Egypt????!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.