Brian & Kathy

Should I use a co-sponsor?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In august of 2007, I got a real job and started making more than enough to cover the minimum income requirments. This made 2007 the first year that I met the minimum income requirements for the K1 visa, so 2006 and before do not show sufficient income. We filed the I129-F in September and expect the interview to be around august, meaning I'll have held my current job for only 1 year at the time of the interview.

Should I use a co-sponsor or not? I'm more than double the minimum requirement with the new job now, but from 2006 and earlier, my tax returns are well short of the minimum (part time student and crumby jobs).

I've heard some people were required to have a cosponsor if they recently got a higher paying job, but I also don't want to raise a red flag by having a co-sponsor when we didn't need one at all. I'd rather have no delays, as we will be in a bit of a time crunch.

Together - Forever!!

============================

Knew eachother in August 2005

First trip in January 2007

Second trip in July 2007

Tried F1 student visa in August 2007, denied

Engaged in September 2007, WOW

Third trip in January 2008

K1 visa approved in July 2008

Fourth trip in July 2008

Arrived in the U.S. in August 2008

Parents visited U.S. in October 2008

Looking forward to visit China in July, 2009

----------------------------------------------

September 24th, 2007 - Sent Petition to CSC

November 7th, 2007 - Issued NOA1

November 13th, 2007 - Received NOA1 hardcopy in hand (48 days)

February 13th, 2008 - Issued NOA2

February 16th, 2008 - Received NOA2 hardcopy in hand (143 days)

February 29th, 2008 - NVC mailed our Petition to GUZ

April 22nd, 2008 - GUZ received our Petition

May 9th, 2008 - Received P3 from GUZ (226 days)

June 7th, 2008 - Received P4 from GUZ

July 3rd, 2008 - Seal the Medical Packet in Shanghai

July 7th, 2008 - INTERVIEW DATE!!! (285 days) PASS

July 9th, 2008 - Visa in Hand

August 1st, 2008 - Entry to the US, TOGETHER AT LAST!

October 3rd, 2008 - Our Wedding Day

October 31, 2008 - Sent Adjustment of Status documents

December 5, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

January 13, 2009 - Travel Document approved

January 21, 2009 - Employment Authorization approved

April 23, 2009 - Green Card approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Guangzhou will not have any problem with this and you should not need a co-sponsor.

Provide IRS data, Letter from employer, and recent pay stubs with the I-134 for the interview.

Ask further questions about this on the China Specific Board, they know Guangzhou very well.

http://candleforlove.com

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.