amrssnowangel

MENA POLL: AGE GAPS IN or OUT OF AP

WHEN SHE IS OLDER THAN HIM AND IN OR HAD AP  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 1-8 years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 6-8 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months
  2. 2. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 9-16 years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months
  3. 3. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 17+ years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Wondering how many age gaps relationships through MENA had AP and for how long?

Im not sure what this poll really tells you because people are answering if they are still in the process (started AP yesterday) and if they have completed the process. Wouldnt you want to know just the people who have already been in the process? Just my two cents, no offense!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
There is a 15 year age difference.......myself being older, and we have been in AP over 9 months.

But then, who is counting.

I just want him here.

Sue

Sue...did he have a home visit? If I may ask....what questions did they ask in the interview? How long did you know each other before filing and how many visits before filing??? Im wondering..why some with age gap are in AP for so long such as you and a few others...and some are not. I know its said there is no formula... Do you think its simply based on age gap? Or do you think there was something they found they are investigating to clear?? Just wondering...thanks. Faith

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
There is a 15 year age difference.......myself being older, and we have been in AP over 9 months.

I just want him here.

Sue

Sue...did he have a home visit? If I may ask....what questions did they ask in the interview? How long did you know each other before filing and how many visits before filing??? Im wondering..why some with age gap are in AP for so long such as you and a few others...and some are not. I know its said there is no formula... Do you think its simply based on age gap? Or do you think there was something they found they are investigating to clear?? Just wondering...thanks. Faith

just my two cents but i think it's more about whether or not you met via the internet rather than the age gap. once they find out how you met the age thing might come into play but i think the internet plays a much bigger role in it all.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

I just want him here.

Sue

just my two cents but i think it's more about whether or not you met via the internet rather than the age gap. once they find out how you met the age thing might come into play but i think the internet plays a much bigger role in it all.

I think that plays a big part to...does spending more time face to face after the meeting help any???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just want him here.

Sue

I think that plays a big part to...does spending more time face to face after the meeting help any???

I don't know. I had seen my husband off and on for 9 weeks before we even filed, then saw him 5 weeks after we filed. No one seemed to care.

Timeline

I just want him here.

Sue

I don't know. I had seen my husband off and on for 9 weeks before we even filed, then saw him 5 weeks after we filed. No one seemed to care.

Well...I guess we'll just buckle in for the ride...I"ll worry after a year of waiting...guess if I just figure on a year as the milestone...anything earlier is a blessing...so it seems. Just seems unfair...but then....with the ease of an approval...its worth the wait...(versus the alternative of easier denials at interview). Has anyone ever waited in AP for long time...then find out they were denied??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just want him here.

Sue

Well...I guess we'll just buckle in for the ride...I"ll worry after a year of waiting...guess if I just figure on a year as the milestone...anything earlier is a blessing...so it seems. Just seems unfair...but then....with the ease of an approval...its worth the wait...(versus the alternative of easier denials at interview). Has anyone ever waited in AP for long time...then find out they were denied??

Yes and I think that's why I am just down lately. Cairo doesn't approve you right off the bat like Morocco does, except in airtight cases. I forget the name of the woman who's case got sent back after waiting over a year. Can you frikkin' imagine? A whole year of waiting on pins and needles, putting your life on hold, probably shelling out a few grand for a couple of trips there and back to keep you sane only to be denied at the end. That would royally suck azz. :angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.