amrssnowangel

MENA POLL: AGE GAPS IN or OUT OF AP

WHEN SHE IS OLDER THAN HIM AND IN OR HAD AP  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 1-8 years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 6-8 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months
  2. 2. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 9-16 years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months
  3. 3. How long have you been OR were you in AP if you are 17+ years older than him?

• 0-2 months
    • 3-5 months
    • 9-12 months
    • > than 12 months

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It doesn't work. You have to add an extra option in each for "n/a".

I'm 7 years older than my husband and we are 6 months in AP as of today.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wouldn't it also be good to add if you're not older, the amount of time in AP as a control only. Because perhaps if you're filing and younger your stuck just as long.

Edited by MrsAmera

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wouldn't work for me either. I am almost 20 years older than my husband and we were in AP for 3 months. To my knowledge our age differences were never questioned by anyone at the embassy during the interview.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Timeline

Faith, you may want to make this Egypt specific if that's the info you're looking for. Age difference doesn't seem to make much of a difference in regards to other MENA consulates. Not sure if it matters in Egypt.

The poll was weird so here's how I'd vote...4 yr age diff.=4 mos. 1 week AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hate doing polls

You guys are awesome...I thought it through and thought it looked right...duhhhhhhhhhh...lol...

but was nice to hear someone had a large age gap with 3 months AP.....and yeah..the idea was to find out if Egypt visa filers are "signaled" out due to an age gap...was curious...just not sure how to get it into a poll...

:wacko::help::help::help:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Faith I think it dose matter to Egypt about the age diffrence. It was one of the questions the investiagtor asked Medos mom. We have a large age diffrence. And I belive this is what is causeing the almost 12 mo AP :crying:

It is non of there bee's wax if you ask me. But God willing they will make some end to this AP soon

Untitled.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wouldn't it also be good to add if you're not older, the amount of time in AP as a control only. Because perhaps if you're filing and younger your stuck just as long.

yeah, I'm 7 years younger than my husband and we had 6 months of AR. Seems there's younger couples stuck in AR hell too.

yeah, I'm 7 years younger than my husband and we had 6 months of AR. Seems there's younger couples stuck in AR hell too.

Well wasnt that cute girl that was really young stuck in AP for 7 months and she is actually younger than her husband? I think its just EGYPT and what side of the bed they get up on. There is only one positive thing about AP, it seems like they get approved SOMEDAY. What about these poor people going through Morocco that just get turned down and subsequently tormented forever

Timeline
Faith I think it dose matter to Egypt about the age diffrence. It was one of the questions the investiagtor asked Medos mom. We have a large age diffrence. And I belive this is what is causeing the almost 12 mo AP :crying:

It is non of there bee's wax if you ask me. But God willing they will make some end to this AP soon

I feel for you...I agree...i have a theory.....If they find something they dont like...age gap, mulitiple marriages...anything...they dig 4Xs harder to FIND a reason to deny..and only after they've exhausted every avenue they can...will they give that visa. I think since they can't deny for age only...or multiple marriages..they decide to dig in hopes of finding an excuse. Unfair...and just downright mean..but I really think thats what they do. Im sure we are in for the long haul at this point...

Timeline

Well wasnt that cute girl that was really young stuck in AP for 7 months and she is actually younger than her husband? I think its just EGYPT and what side of the bed they get up on. There is only one positive thing about AP, it seems like they get approved SOMEDAY. What about these poor people going through Morocco that just get turned down and subsequently tormented forever

I agree...but I think that the 6 month ones may be mostly name hits that needed cleared..those CAN take up to 6 months...so I can see where that is possible..its these ones that go on and on for 8, 11, 12, 15 months...and they seem to be age gaps or have other things that caused a "red flag" and I really think they Cairo LOOKS for a reason to deny and only approves when they' have no other options left....hmmm..and since most everyone is approved eventually...what does that say?? That maybe they should stop wasting so much time hunting for non exsistant reasons. Now im talking of those that the CO has no other reason than say he/she doesn't like the age gap.....simple stuff like that...not if they suspect other more serious issues..and since when do they have to wait 15 months to decide if a relationship is fraudulent?? just how long can it possibly take to clear things up???? Makes no sense to me...oh well...we are hanging on for the ride.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I feel the same

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't know if we're in AP or what we're in now. I'm still waiting to hear about that. I haven't polled yet either because we're the same age. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Not only that but you never really know if perhaps the husband/fiance is being investigated for something that the wife/fiancee doesn't know about. I *highly* doubt the consular officers have time to be intentionally "mean" to certain applicants. Even if the applicant rubs them the wrong way during the interview I really doubt they develop a personal dislike for them and then make up their minds to delay the visa as revenge. I've never met someone once and decided I'm going to make his/her life hell just because I don't like how they talk or wear their hair or whatever. It's something much more than that. Think about it rationally.

I feel for you...I agree...i have a theory.....If they find something they dont like...age gap, mulitiple marriages...anything...they dig 4Xs harder to FIND a reason to deny..and only after they've exhausted every avenue they can...will they give that visa. I think since they can't deny for age only...or multiple marriages..they decide to dig in hopes of finding an excuse. Unfair...and just downright mean..but I really think thats what they do. Im sure we are in for the long haul at this point...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.